Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Mr. Satan vs. Chi-Chi

Mr. Satan vs. Chi-Chi. Who is the stronger martial artist? Who wins?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Chichi was strong enough to sever the head of a dinosaur as a child, and she trained Goten. Outside of some pretty good durability, Mr. Satan can't really measure up.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Chichi was strong enough to sever the head of a dinosaur as a child, and she trained Goten. Outside of some pretty good durability, Mr. Satan can't really measure up.
    Wasn't the head severing from her gear? She had a sharp blade boomerang thing and a laser blaster iirc. She didn't have any real martial arts at that point. Or at least I didn't think she did?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Wasn't the head severing from her gear? She had a sharp blade boomerang thing and a laser blaster iirc. She didn't have any real martial arts at that point. Or at least I didn't think she did?

Yep.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I mean yes she had a blade to do it with, but she still tossed it through like three feet of meat and bone. I don't believe the blade was indicated to be special in any way except for the boomerang effect.

Seems like just innate strength from being the daughter of an actual giant. I mean, she wouldn't be able to throw it that accurately if she really had NO skill.

Hard to get strength feats from that, but her leaping ability and fighting Goku in midair seems way more advanced than anything we've seen Satan do.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I just recalled a moment where Goku playfully smacked her in the back when they were arguing about dragging Gohan into a dangerous situation where apparently everyone dies from it in another future...And she got hurled through her own house and a tree before smashing into a boulder as Goku realized he has no clue how absurdly strong he became over the years. Surprisingly she's not killed from that despite being completely inactive for years as a martial artist. Injured yes, but not dead...Hell, she looked more annoyed than anything.

Not exactly Satan tanking a light smack from a annoyed Cell while smacking face first to a cliffside but worth recalling.

I dunno. I mean yeah, Chi Chi has her mama wolf moments, but I think people forget that behind all the comic relief, Mr Satan is a legit world champion and the very few times we've seen him getting serious (Namely against those crooks during the Buu Saga), he's pretty impressive. I'd still give the nod to Chi Chi though, by way of having more feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    I dunno. I mean yeah, Chi Chi has her mama wolf moments, but I think people forget that behind all the comic relief, Mr Satan is a legit world champion and the very few times we've seen him getting serious (Namely against those crooks during the Buu Saga), he's pretty impressive. I'd still give the nod to Chi Chi though, by way of having more feats.
    He became the champion in a tournament that no one of any worth competed in. King Piccolo killed off most of the world's competing martial arts badasses outside of the main cast. We see rather more specifically in the Buu saga that the tournament is pretty much a commercialized parody of what it was and the announcer is pretty beat up about it.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

He became the champion in a tournament that no one of any worth competed in. King Piccolo killed off most of the world's competing martial arts badasses outside of the main cast. We see rather more specifically in the Buu saga that the tournament is pretty much a commercialized parody of what it was and the announcer is pretty beat up about it.
    Nah, the dead martial artists got revived not long after King Piccolo died once Goku meets Kami. It's just that after the last tournament Goku and pals joined, that was finally it and nobody of worth has joined a tournament since. There's a decline not long after for sure but like Goku, those badasses were just done.

...I guess to retirement since Kami didn't really think to recruit these guys during the Saiyan Saga. I know it's story reasons to not bloat everything not to mention making sense as he only got the people who are the absolute best...But come on.

Did they? I thought it was just the main cast that got revived. *looks it up* oh hey, you're right. Okay, my bad.

To be fair on not recruiting them, pretty much everyone not in the main cast was probably too weak to be brought up to even Saibaman level in time. Would have been cool to see King Chappa though. Or like, randomly Giran.

Anyway, by all accounts, Satan's tournament was full of chumps.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Nah, the dead martial artists got revived not long after King Piccolo died once Goku meets Kami. It's just that after the last tournament Goku and pals joined, that was finally it and nobody of worth has joined a tournament since. There's a decline not long after for sure but like Goku, those badasses were just done.

...I guess to retirement since Kami didn't really think to recruit these guys during the Saiyan Saga. I know it's story reasons to not bloat everything not to mention making sense as he only got the people who are the absolute best...But come on.
    Eh, the implication seems to be that the main cast are legendary-tier martial arts super geniuses that have surpassed human restriction at extremely young ages and are talented enough that they could all have eventually become stronger than centuries old legendary martial artists like Roshi/Piccolo Daimaou/Kami/etc... with relatively little time and training, while everyone else are just normal human martial arts that have already reached the Pinnacle of their abilities after a lifetime of training.

But yeah, Satan's tournaments were being treated as circuses when compared to the Budokai's of old, and Chi Chi was able to become a semi-finalist in the friggin' 23rd Budokai, which was the most hard core of them all by a huge margin (though admittedly, that was mostly because she didn't end up having one of the main combatants before she got a chance to confront Goku).

Still, considering how base Trunks wrecked Satan with one punch while Chi Chi is the one who trained base Goten, Trunks' roughly equally powerful best friend, to the point where he could become a Super Saiyajin, she could probably throw Mr. Satan into orbit.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 09-21-2019 at 12:58 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Did they? I thought it was just the main cast that got revived. *looks it up* oh hey, you're right. Okay, my bad.

To be fair on not recruiting them, pretty much everyone not in the main cast was probably too weak to be brought up to even Saibaman level in time. Would have been cool to see King Chappa though. Or like, randomly Giran.

Anyway, by all accounts, Satan's tournament was full of chumps.
    well to be fair, those other tournaments were full of chumps too. there was a clear divide between goku and his lot and everyone else. so i'd say more along the lines of "chumps compared to the main cast".

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

to be even a bit more fair, there isn't many masters who could teach fighters to break into the superhuman levels of goku and the gang. the only ones i know of are roshi and the crane hermit. roshi doesn't take students anymore and the crane hermit fucked off to where ever launch went to. so it's expected that the martial artist of this era aren't up to snuff with goku and the gang since most of them are either ignorant of such things or are learning from satan. that might change since tien opened his own school though.