Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    to be even a bit more fair, there isn't many masters who could teach fighters to break into the superhuman levels of goku and the gang. the only ones i know of are roshi and the crane hermit. roshi doesn't take students anymore and the crane hermit fucked off to where ever launch went to. so it's expected that the martial artist of this era aren't up to snuff with goku and the gang since most of them are either ignorant of such things or are learning from satan. that might change since tien opened his own school though.
    Yeah outside the main cast from Z, the number of fighters that was super human was pretty paltry. You have Tao (who was taught under the Crane School) then maybe Nam from the 21st and King Chopa from the 22nd? Nam probably an old man by the time cell was around, I think King Chopa was already retired and came back from retirement before losing to Goku early.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Come to think of it, wasn't the Devil from Baba's place also a multi-time world tournament champion as well?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    Yeah outside the main cast from Z, the number of fighters that was super human was pretty paltry. You have Tao (who was taught under the Crane School) then maybe Nam from the 21st and King Chopa from the 22nd? Nam probably an old man by the time cell was around, I think King Chopa was already retired and came back from retirement before losing to Goku early.
    nam seemed more self taught than anything. he wasn't a dedicated martial artist like many others. he simply fought in the first tournament out of a need to save his people. then when he came back for the next tournament, he got taken out in the pre-lims by tien.

king chopa plateau in terms of how far he could take his skills without going into the clearly super human levels that we know and love.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Come to think of it, wasn't the Devil from Baba's place also a multi-time world tournament champion as well?
    twice, from what i remember.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

This is Bacterian erasure.

Lets see, otherwise there was... King Chappa, Nam, Giran, Tao Pai Pai and uh.... well Ranfan at least had some non-stripping moves that set her above the cannon fodder guys. I think that's it. Pretty much every other non-main character we ever saw in a Budokai was absolute cannon fodder.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 09-21-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands