View Poll Results: Who has the worst death of all in HoX #4?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Archangel/Husk

25 39.68%
  • Monet

1 1.59%
  • Mystique

11 17.46%
  • Wolverine/Nightcrawler

11 17.46%
  • Cyclops

3 4.76%
  • Marvel girl

20 31.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default House of X #4 death *spoilers*

Who do you think has the worst death in this mission?
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-05-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Husk

1. offpanel
    2. underserved character

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Wolverine and Nightcrawler.
    Kurt died fast but Logan survived long enough to burn in an slow and painful death.

So far as contributing to the mission? Warren and Paige as cannon fodder.

The worst death inflicted? Jean. She had to experience the deaths of each of her friends (and Mystique) along with them, then got to chew vacuum/get crushed by Sentinels.

BANNED

Logan/Kurt's death were my favorite.

They both went down in a Blaze of Glory...Literally in a Blaze. But still I loved it. What a Glorious Death.

Jean's Death.

This one was very emotional, because you watch her slowly die. Getting crushed you can see the panic and despair in her face.

Personally, I don't think any of them should have died, but whatever..

Side Note: Props for Mystique as well.

Paige/Warren didn't even get Larraz interiors so that blows.

Mystique's was kind of anti-climactic and maybe more embarrassing so I voted for her.

Monet, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler went down epically.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Jean. The Sentinels tearing their way through the escape pod was horrifying. Mystique was a close second.

burning to death sucks i think
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    burning to death sucks i think
    Kurt went like a moth in a blowtorch, he wouldn’t have felt anything, Wolverine however... yeah, not fun.
    But I voted for Jean, she felt so alone.

1. Husk and Archangel. Just were a wallpapers that did nothing or told nothing. Could be replaced with anyone. The worst death.
    2. Mystique. Died like a loser. Also could be replaced with anyone.
    3. Jean. It was horrifying.
    4. Cyke. He tried his best.
    5. Monet. Died like a boss.
    7. Kurt and Logan. The best and most emotional page in a book. Sad but beautiful.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-05-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Jean. All the others that we saw die, went out like champs actually doing something. Warren/Husk died offpanel but at least it wasnt as offensive to them as characters as what was done with Jean

I actually laughed at Mystique going out like Lysa

Incredible Member

This is interesting, it is especially interesting to compare it with the Rosenberg run. The deaths are obviously not going to stick, the same as the Rosenberg deaths. There were pointless deaths as in Rosenberg's run, there were deaths off panel, again as in Rosenberg's run.

Strangely, in the main, this is all considered to be fine here, but appalling in the earlier run.

I'm enjoying Hickman's work here and I find the direction he's taking intriguing and the story he's telling worthwhile, I also thought the same about what Rosenberg produced.

It's all about execution. We know these deaths aren't going to stick, but Hickman wrote them going out as heroes and did he best to make the audience ache over most of them.

Rosenberg's run was a muddled, joyless slog against a cardboard villain, and the deaths felt so weightless that they were almost a running joke. Dragging D-List villains out of the grave off-panel just to kill them all off again (some of them also off-panel)? Not so impactful.

So yeah, unsurprisingly, people are generally appreciating Hickman's approach more.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It's all about execution. We know these deaths aren't going to stick, but Hickman wrote them going out as heroes and did he best to make the audience ache over most of them.

Rosenberg's run was a muddled, joyless slog against a cardboard villain, and the deaths felt so weightless that they were almost a running joke. Dragging D-List villains out of the grave off-panel just to kill them all off again (some of them also off-panel)? Not so impactful.

So yeah, unsurprisingly, people are generally appreciating Hickman's approach more.

That's an odd way to say considering Mystique, Husk and Archangel most definitely did not go out like heroes. They were just as unceremonious, uneventful and unnecessary as many rosenberg deaths.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

If we're talking painful, then Wolverine/Kurt followed by Mystique.
    • Can't even imagine how horrific & painful disintegrating from the sun is.
    • If she did die, Mystique would be sucked into a vacuum in space, and most likely feelings crushed as she suffocated to death.

If we're talking worst in terms of story & character respect.
    Warren/Husk, who died before they got to do anything, and only had one line of dialogue before their demise.

If we're talking worst as in embarrassing, then Mystique. lol
    She's not far behind Warren & Husk. She gets lost despite being teleported to her position, spotted by the main baddie, and vacuumed into space. Again if she had no quick saves, or didn't bring any flowers, then she contributed nothing.