Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Another piece of the puzzle.

That phrase, 'a titanic division', sounds so odd. It has to be a clue to something. Presumably the identity of the person on the TV broadcast.
    Is there a character at Marvel that has a connection to the name Titan that might be connected to the Champions?
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    gdi

at least any joke we could come up with for who it is would be unironically better than kevin
    I still think his role in Legacy was hilarious. Here's this one shot that Marvel says is going to end the hero v hero era, and the main plot is Starbrand going crazy and trying to murder Ghost Rider.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Also, seriously, Marvel? When they finally get someone to draw Jen with a decent looking body, they put her on this godawful outfit? Ugh.
    Hopefully it's just a coloring error and it's not her bare midriff.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    To be honest my main takeaway is She-Hulk's new outfit.

Seems like something McGuinnes would come up with but something I'm surprised Marvel would allow one of their main female Superheroes to wear in this day and age. They really can't make up their minds with She-Hulk at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, so if it is Teddy and this is a Kree invasion, then thay ties into the theory that the X-Men are looking for an alliance with the Kree, which would suck for the Avengers.
    As the one who proposed the Kree X-men alliance, I am taking it back in light of the new previews. I floated the idea when we had 3 pages, and even then it was a stretch. But the new teasers make it clear this is a preview issue of some kind, and while the Kree may be involved with this Avengers story, given that it takes place in space and all, and Carol is in the team, I'm echoing what some others have said and saying this is likely the new Star Brand.

Edited to add: Now it may be that the Kree and/or Skrulls are a connecting element in all the stories, we have seen hints of Kree or Skrull involvement in at least 2 of these, and writers have also hinted at something involving the Kree on Twitter etc. but I think they are still separate enough that they can stand as their own thing, and they don't necessarily link together all that closely. I think what may end up happening is that rather than an event landing in December, we instead get some storylines in assorted books that begin to build up to an incoming Kree event, likely in the summer, giving all the books a full arc lead in time, and this issue is just letting us know which books to follow for the lead up (in which case I would expect one for Loki as well at minimum, since he's getting involved with something Kree related too. I'd guess Carol as well for obvious reasons, and Ms. Marvel too, she is in the Champions one, but solo I mean, and Guardians of the Galaxy, Strikeforce, and Agents of Wakanda seem likely as well, since that would be in their wheelhouse) but the connection may be subtle, at least to start. So... I may have just talked myself back into the X-Men (more specifically Xavier, continuing to be shady) maybe proposing an alliance with the Kree or Skrulls, but I am much less sure about it, and I don't think it directly ties to the murder or the Avengers teaser.

But it does imply some new books possibly being launched/revived, given the Champions tesser, and the initial tease with Teddy. But they may also be minis or just elements in another book, Teddy may just be in Strikeforce, for instance.

And yeah I hope the colorist goofed on Jen's outfit and some white areas mistakenly were filled in green.
    Last edited by Raye; 09-09-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    OK, so if it is Teddy and this is a Kree invasion, then thay ties into the theory that the X-Men are looking for an alliance with the Kree, which would suck for the Avengers.
    Doesn't it make more sense for the X-Men to ally with the Shi'ar?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Typically, but if the Kree have the better offer, you might as well go with them. Though part of the conflict might be that someone double crosses someone.

That being said, the Shi'ar might be allies of the Kree here. We know pretty much all of space is rather afraid of Earth. It would also leave the Earth heroes in an even tougher spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I initially just said the Kree because it seemed like, at the time, it was supposed to all link to an event, that all the pages were supposed to link together directly, and some other parts pointed to the Kree. But as more pages have come out, it's looking like that may no longer be the case. As i mentioned above, i think it may still be linked to some kind of Kree related plot down the line, but now that it appears that the teasers don't all relate to each other directly, it allows a lot more wiggle room, and the X-Men could be offering up the Krakoa seedling to someone else, perhaps the Shi'ar, and then eventually, down the line, that will tie into the event they are working towards.

Extraordinary Member

I was thinking, if we do have a renewal of some sort of SHRA due to the Kree/Skrulls coming, it could be more like some sort of universal genetic testing for alien, mutant, or Inhuman DNA. This could tie into the weird stuff going on with Coulson and Mephisto...somehow...I'm still trying to figure that out.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Video is up:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yuFGGqJVfg

As I thought, it's more akin to Marvel Comics #1000 rather than Point One.

INCOMING #1 written by AL EWING. DAN SLOTT, CHIP ZDARSKY, KELLY THOMPSON, GREG PAK, EVE L. EWING, MATT ROSENBERG, ED BRISSON, SALADIN AHMED, TINI HOWARD, JONATHAN HICKMAN, DONNY CATES, and JASON AARON; art by HUMBERTO RAMOS, JIM CHEUNG, AND MORE; cover by Patrick Gleason

ONE WILL UNITE THEM!

A mysterious murder brings together the heroes of the Marvel Universe in the search for a killer—but no one can imagine where the trail will lead, or how it will affect everything in 2020 and beyond!

The closing chapter to Marvel’s 80th year, which will connect the dots of everything that happened in 2019 and propel the narrative into the year that is to come! Featuring the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Spider-Man, the Champions, the Agents of Atlas, Valkyrie, the Immortal Hulk, Jessica Jones, Venom, Ghost Rider, the Masked Raider, and more!
    incoming2019001_cov.jpg
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 09-10-2019 at 08:46 AM.

That video provided zero useful information.

well I had interest when it was about Hulkling...but the aspect of yet another superhero murder mystery is giving me horrible flashbacks and my instincts tell me to avoid it to be safe. I’m not just talking Heroes in Crisis either, I’m also talking Civil war 2 which wasn’t that long ago as well. I have zero trust in either companies ability to write a murder mystery.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

I have faith in Ewing here. He isn't Bendis, he isn't a mass murderer or a writer who gets off on killing. And he likes complex mysteries. So I have faith here. But this would imply that the mystery means more than the victim.

Al Ewing, Dan Slott, Chip Zdarsky, Kelly Thompson, Greg Pak, Eve L. Ewing, Matthew Rosenberg, Ed Brisson, Saladin Ahmed, Tini Howard, Jonathan Hickman, Donny Cates, with more to be announced.
    Love the lineup so far. The Disassembled trio scares me but maybe they’ll write better when they aren’t near each other.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The murderer will be someone who Marvel wants to promote and to hate for a year or so before they get to be redeemed in time for their movie. So probably Shang Chi or one of the Eternals.