Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    My guess, the murdered is gonna be a nobody but the Masked Rider is gonna be someone very obscure and Ewing is gonna start building to his Entirety War thing he's been hinting since I wanna say Mighty Avengers.

Also, Loki I doubt is gonna die.
    I mean, even if he dies, a new one will just show up eventually.

BANNED

My guess, the murdered is gonna be a nobody but the Masked Rider is gonna be someone very obscure and Ewing is gonna start building to his Entirety War thing he's been hinting since I wanna say Mighty Avengers.

I think the Eternity War was waged and concluded in his Ultimates run but who knows it's threads may be picked up in this event continuing the war.

Masked Raider. Masked Rider is a tokusatsu hero.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Wasn't expecting that to be lettered. It's not due out for another three months yet!

So, this Masked Raider has echolocation powers, but only has to use them because it's nighttime, so he can clearly see normally, unlike Daredevil. I wonder if that information is a clue to his identity?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I think the mask granted him the powers of daredevil because he was in proximity not that he has the power of echolocation himself.

Extraordinary Member

That seems to be the case. The mask allows him to be "better" than the heros near him. That doesn't tell us much.

i think it's Rick Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    That seems to be the case. The mask allows him to be "better" than the heros near him. That doesn't tell us much.
    It doesn’t make the Raider better, it makes him equal to anyone he faces; it just gives him a “fair chance.”

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i think it's Rick Jones.
    The Masked Raider or the victim? Because he’s currently a gamma-powered zombie creature, and I don’t think Ewing would kill him off again (without him immediately springing back to life anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    It doesn’t make the Raider better, it makes him equal to anyone he faces; it just gives him a “fair chance.”
    that's what that old guy said. but i think he might have been mistaken. there weren't as many superfolk around when that Raider was active. this new guy seems to be a power duplicator.

The Masked Raider or the victim? Because he’s currently a gamma-powered zombie creature, and I don’t think Ewing would kill him off again (without him immediately springing back to life anyway)

i was talking about the Raider. i thought that Jones was replaced by that army dude (in abomination). anyways, it's more of a joke guess. the Raider might be some random guy we haven't met yet.

I believe some /co/mrade found out who the Masked Raider is.
    That's just a theory based on Marvel Comics #1000 and a mini series, spoilers:
    Brubaker's Marvels Project
    end of spoilers, but I hide it as spoiler, just in case.

spoilers:
    In Marvel Comics #1000, the new Masked Raider has in his posession a box with two guns and a mask.

In Brubaker's Marvels Project, an old Matthew Hawke (Two-Gun Kid), gives his guns and masks to Thomas Halloway, who then becomes the Angel, a 40s super hero.
    The guns and the mask were in the very same box seen in Marvel Comics #1000.
    Years later, in the present, Jason Halloway, the grandson of Thomas, unherit that box.

So the theory is that Jason Halloway is the new Masked Raider. Which would fit the whole "passing of the torch" narrative.
    end of spoilers
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I believe some /co/mrade found out who the Masked Raider is.
    That's just a theory based on Marvel Comics #1000 and a mini series, spoilers:
    Brubaker's Marvels Project
    end of spoilers, but I hide it as spoiler, just in case.

spoilers:
    In Marvel Comics #1000, the new Masked Raider has in his posession a box with two guns and a mask.

In Brubaker's Marvels Project, an old Matthew Hawke (Two-Gun Kid), gives his guns and masks to Thomas Halloway, who then becomes the Angel, a 40s super hero.
    The guns and the mask were in the very same box seen in Marvel Comics #1000.
    Years later, in the present, Jason Halloway, the grandson of Thomas, unherit that box.

So the theory is that Jason Halloway is the new Masked Raider. Which would fit the whole "passing of the torch" narrative.
    end of spoilers
    sounds good. not very satisfying unless you read the other story though. i didn't honestly expect to see any of those characters again. i still wonder if said-character is that dude on the tv screen that the Champions are looking at.

that's what that old guy said. but i think he might have been mistaken. there weren't as many superfolk around when that Raider was active. this new guy seems to be a power duplicator.
    Eternity himself said that’s what the Eternity Mask does. It makes you the equal of your opponent, which seems to also include powers if the other guy has them, but it also raises your skill level to be a match. So he’d have not just Daredevil’s radar right now, but also the exact same level of martial arts skills.

Eternity himself said that’s what the Eternity Mask does. It makes you the equal of your opponent, which seems to also include powers if the other guy has them, but it also raises your skill level to be a match. So he’d have not just Daredevil’s radar right now, but also the exact same level of martial arts skills.
    what i'm getting at is that there was someone else on the roof with Daredevil (Elektra?). so how does the mask work? is it only one "power" at a time? or does he have both of their combined abilities?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

what i'm getting at is that there was someone else on the roof with Daredevil (Elektra?). so how does the mask work? is it only one "power" at a time? or does he have both of their combined abilities?
    The mask gives all the powers/strength needed to make the wearer 'equal' to their opponent(s). For example, if the Masked Raider were to fight She-Hulk, he would gain super strength, healing, dynamic durability, etc...

The Enclave thought the mask would give someone an intellect matching theirs combined, so he could very possibly have fighting skills on par with maybe-Elektra too.

Presumably it depends on whether Elektra joins in as an adversary or not.
    If Masked Raider only fights Daredevil, the mask only gives him power to equal Daredevil. If he fight both Daredevil and Elektra, it gives him power to equal the two of them.
    Anything else would invalidate the whole purpose of the mask. Giving him both the powers and skill of Elektra and Daredevil when he's only facing Daredevil would make him overpowered. Not equal.
    #EmmaWasRight