Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Yeah. We got the two dead aliens, but nobody went looking for who killed them and why. My feeling is, the ones who killed the two aliens didn’t want the Aliens’ asset to succeed. So though the Empire Of Hulking is coming to do War with Earth, somebody was against that happening, so those somebody have to be the good guys?
    That only works if you want us to believe Al Ewing has been planning for Hulkling to become a villain ever since his New Avengers book, 'cause King Of Space is obviously a natural continuation of his arc on that book. I don't think that's his intention at all, so no, I don't think we're supposed to think the Kree/Skrull Empire are the bad guys here. I'm willing to bet that the threat that killed Bel-Dann and Raksor will end up being a threat to all beings on Earth, and that's what the Kree/Skrull are trying to stop.

So we think the Cotati are now this powerful space empire that wants to ravage the Kree and Skrull? And they killed the Skrull Bel-Dann? There would have to be a hell of a backstory here. And why bother introducing the Masked Raider after all these years when he never showed up for Annihilation, Secret Invasion etc? I have to say, not enough has been revealed here except as a prologue for later.
    I do think the Cotati are involved, judging by some of the stuff Marvel is reprinting as a part of their True Believers line next year. In addition to stories of Hulkling, Mar-Vell and Anelle, they are reprinting stories about the Cotati, Mantis and Quoi. That definitely sounds like everything is connected. And I'm sure there will be a backstory to explain everything.

As for the Masked Raider... I'm still not sure what exactly is his purpose. And let us not forget the return of Korvac that was teased on Marvel Comics #1000. Considering all of the cosmic elements and the fact that this is all a part of Ewing's grand design, I think it's possible it's all supposed to be a part of the same story, as in, Masked Raider and Korvac will also play a part on the Empyre event. Or maybe it's something unrelated... but considering everything seems to be building up to Empyre, I'd say that's the safest option right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So Tony isn't anywhere in the book?! They said he was going to play a part in it.
    I guess I ain’t buying the book then *shrugs*
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    So Tony isn't anywhere in the book?! They said he was going to play a part in it.
    Where did they say that? The solicit says the Avengers are, and they do. But Tony, of course, is currently missing. The solicit doesn't specifically mention Tony. It doesn't mention Iron Man either, but if it did, it would've been referring to Arno, who does appear.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I guess I ain’t buying the book then *shrugs*
    Me either. I just saved $10 dollars.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony may yet appear he is referenced a few times
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    The odds of Iron Man not at least appearing in a company wide event is pretty darn slim. There are certain guys who are almost always thrown in there somewhere even if it's not necessarily a prominent role. Iron Man is obviously one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    In Empyre, sure. Iron Man 2020 will end before that event does. But they're referring to Incoming, which was just a one-shot.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

So does anyone think that these deaths could lead to spoilers:
    a reunited Illuminati given the birth of their group were about the Kree and Skrull war ?
    end of spoilers

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    carol hoards all the dark haired PIs named jessica to herself
    I thought it was "Car-Ell" now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So does anyone think that these deaths could lead to spoilers:
    a reunited Illuminati given the birth of their group were about the Kree and Skrull war ?
    end of spoilers
    If not here, I think it'll happen sooner or later. It's too fun an idea to keep off the table indefinately.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her absence was at least explained though. In the scene where Carol is talking to Blue Marvel, she laments that Monica isn't with them, because she's with a new team, Strikeforce. Since that's also where Spider-Woman is, that explains her absence as well.
    I liked that they referenced Spectrum (and by logical detention Spider-Woman) being off with Strikeforce. And we see that with Wiccan as well. However Blade is hanging out with the Avengers. Is that a clue to something that will happen in later Strikeforce issues, or an oversight?

Seems to be a mistake - the complaint about being short handed due to Iron Man's absence would've worked even better if another Avenger was also off the grid. They did avoid showing Miles on the Champions pages, because he had a solo section later.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I thought it was "Car-Ell" now?
    It's hilarious that they haven't just given her Superman's name. She also has a freakin' bat cave.
    Anything to try and make her seem interesting I guess.
    #EmmaWasRight

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    It's hilarious that they haven't just given her Superman's name. She also has a freakin' bat cave.
    Anything to try and make her seem interesting I guess.
    I want to cry cuz she was interesting before Secret Wars 3.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    So, based on this..
    "And there’s a big status quo shift for a beloved character who hasn’t been much in the spotlight recently. They’re going to be very important in the coming months."

I'm guessing that's going to be Nova (although I don't particularly like him he's beloved to some)..
    My hope (or guess) is that the Masked Raider is the character having a "big status quo shift" and that he is...Matt Hawk, the Two-Gun Kid. Which explains why he gives off a Western vibe and, ummmmmm, carries two guns.
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"