Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    BANNED

Captain Marvel seems to be DC's big three rolled into one what with her cave, her retcon to being a half alien and her being now a representative of a alien culture sorta like wonder woman not to mention her mother being essentially a alien Hippolyta or perhaps Aquaman's mother.

Astonishing Member

Why the Hell is the new Kree-Skull Empire going to attack Earth? Why can't these aliens just leave this planet alone? So many times, the Kree and the Skrulls (and other alien races) have tried to conquer/destroy the Earth, and they have always ended up failing. Many times even having their numbers decimated or something like that. So why can't they just stop pushing Earthlings' buttons?

Well, changing subject, I do believe the Cotati are the key of "Incoming" and "Empyre". Maybe they have been hiding all this time and now they are ready to have their revenge of the Skrulls and the Krees for their Genocide so long ago. The X-Men could end up involved because the Cotati could use Krakoa itself to have their revenge. By the way, I believe this will cause Krakoa to final being defeated and the Mutants returning to their Status Quo.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's an extraordinarily vast and complex multiverse, but apparently the Kree and Skrulls are the only ones that anyone wants to write about. I guess that's better than the Badoon. In any event, I think I'm going to pass on Empyre. I don't get an epic feel at all about this event.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I haven't had a Hulking book since New Avengers (Death's Head wasn't good) so I'll try it.
    "Cable was right!"

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Book was trash except for the Fantastic Four and Spider-Men pages
    Nah. It was good. I particularly liked Arno Stark giving Blue Marvel some 'tude, and Mr Sinister negotiating full cable access from Mojo for Krakoa.

The Spider Men sequence was the most boring vignette by a mile. Captain Marvel's Batcave (right down to the costumes in glass tubes - where's the T Rex and giant penny?) was lolzy sad.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 01-05-2020 at 11:30 PM.

I'm a bit annoyed we didn't get anything related to this:

r37lzocn7nl31.jpg

We got the Sinister thing, but that didn't directly relate to the 'alliance' between Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse.
    #EmmaWasRight

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm a bit annoyed we didn't get anything related to this:

r37lzocn7nl31.jpg

We got the Sinister thing, but that didn't directly relate to the 'alliance' between Xavier, Magneto and Apocalypse.
    Yeah, I wonder why they teased that... I also felt like the Champions teaser was quite misleading, 'cause we didn't really get anything that looked like a ''titanic division''. I guess those are all things that will happen eventually and will be related to each respective mini-story in the book, though.

The Champions teaser was reused as the preview cover for Outlawed at the end of Incoming (which is different to either of the solicited covers), so it looks like it was teasing that. The X-Men teaser, therefore, I believe is likewise for later on, possibly the as yet unnamed event that launches on Free Comic Book Day.

I wonder if the Champions teaser only existed at all to reassure fans the team wasn't dead, after their book got cancelled? Otherwise they could've probably kept it secret until Outlawed was solicited.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-06-2020 at 07:28 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

This was disappointing. Marvel was advertising this like it was a miniseries instead of a bunch of previews.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."