Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Your Picks For The Space Team

After reading HOX 4 all I could think of was why when you have almost all mutants to pick from for the team your pick was so poorly equipped for such a mission

Cyclops - field leader

Polaris - while not currently listed as an Omega like her father shes def powerful and has lots of space experience and if im going against a metal space station why not

Darwin - we know he can survive the vacuum of space and with his intelligence could easily be the liaison for any science division

Firestar - with her powers unfettered by the limits of earths atmosphere she could easily have been one of the best assets for a space mission

Vulcan - single handed flew through space and scrapped Shiar warships

Lifeguard - like Darwin her powers evolve to save the lives of those around her and herself. Has also had space experience

Sunfire - after upgrades with Apocalypse can generate his flames in space and who better to have on a mission close to the sun

Domino - pilot because who doesn't need a little bit of luck on a space mission

Exodus - why take just one Omega when two could be better

Lila Cheney - never go into space without a back up ride home

Just again why anyone would take Angel or Husk to space is beyond me

Iceman leads. Darwin, Meggan, Random, Lifeguard.

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Iceman leads. Darwin, Meggan, Random, Lifeguard.
    Mission failed
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasez View Post
    After reading HOX 4 all I could think of was why when you have almost all mutants to pick from for the team your pick was so poorly equipped for such a mission

Cyclops - field leader

Polaris - while not currently listed as an Omega like her father shes def powerful and has lots of space experience and if im going against a metal space station why not

Darwin - we know he can survive the vacuum of space and with his intelligence could easily be the liaison for any science division

Firestar - with her powers unfettered by the limits of earths atmosphere she could easily have been one of the best assets for a space mission

Vulcan - single handed flew through space and scrapped Shiar warships

Lifeguard - like Darwin her powers evolve to save the lives of those around her and herself. Has also had space experience

Sunfire - after upgrades with Apocalypse can generate his flames in space and who better to have on a mission close to the sun

Domino - pilot because who doesn't need a little bit of luck on a space mission

Exodus - why take just one Omega when two could be better

Lila Cheney - never go into space without a back up ride home

Just again why anyone would take Angel or Husk to space is beyond me
    I always felt Emma was underrated for a space team because she is one of the few characters that doesnt need to breath to survive and can probably survive the temperatures of space
    in her diamond form she could be left orbiting a planet for centuries and it wouldnt kill her, it might bore her but then at least her feelings are numbed in that way
    Although to be honest I didnt imagine her in a space team, more like in a SWORD space station being the telepath, working with Abigail Brand, who is also a mutant, carries xgene, even if she is also half alien.

My team?

Vulcan. Destroys the whole station while teleporting every human out safely, all from the safety of Krakoa.

Rest of the team: Doesn't matter. Vulcan is broken as hell.

Magneto, Polaris, all telekinetics and Lila Cheney.

Rachel-as the field leader because I relate her to space missions for whatever reasons now.

Cerise-is the original reason for the mission into space.

Lifeguard-she needs her alien backstory tapped into a little bit further.

Broo-can I add a little bit more space experience to the team.

Beast-always get to have a genius-level intellect around while you're floating around in space.

M-because for whatever reason I feel like she can fly around in space without a suit or helmet cuz she's so perfect.

Justice-just a random character that I want to see get some exposure maybe start up a relationship with one of the ladies.

Danger
    Madison Jefferies
    Lionel Jeffries
    Xorn
    Mr Immortal
    Qwerty

BANNED

Doop
    Joy Boy
    Lockheed
    Artie and Leech
    Bird-Brain

Beg for your lives, flatscans!

Scott Summers, because he's leading the team and has to be there.

Lila Cheney, because she has the capability of interstellar teleportation.

Polaris, because of her powers. I wouldn't use Magneto, because in context, they need him alive and a part of the "mission," so he can't risk his life.

Magik, for any short distance teleporting needed. But she'd also help with an emergency exit to Limbo if needed.

Emma Frost, to keep the team in telepathic communication, and to be in diamond form to protect her from any attacks.

Wolverine, because of his healing factor and will to sacrifice himself if need be.

Beast, because of his intellect and after all he's fucked up on, he should be risking his life to drive the mission.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

No, but seriously Sunfire could have done this mission solo. I’m guessing they were weaker pod mutants or Hickman was ‘nerfing’ them to create more tension(fine with me).

BANNED

People forget Warren doesn't need a huge amount of wide open space to fly around and slaughter people like a winged murder machine. He doesn't even need to fly, in fact. The wings do plenty no matter where he's planted. He's OP in a lot of ways since Remender.

I was fine with HoX #4 but what the hell, I'll play:

Cyclops: It will be done
    Magneto: Lotta metal up there
    Wolverine: Necessary evil
    Jean Grey: Uplink, we all got problems Jeannie
    M/Penance: Spiky double threat
    Nightcrawler: Short-range teleporter/recon/heteroflexible swordsman who did plenty up there BTW
    Darwin: Outside man + no Kevin Bacon on premises
    Lila Cheney or Ariel: Bodyslide in style

Psylocke leads. Cipher (invisibility, inaudibility), Unveil (tech/guards/Gregor won’t pick up on them when they’re in her mists), Polaris (mistress of magnetism. duh), Hope Summers (risky but she’s surrounded by broken powersets), Bellona (she’s X-23 with none of the current moral qualms about coldblooded murder), Domino (she’s pretty lucky), Pixie (backup teleporter)

BANNED

I have no fucking idea who Bellona or Unveil are. You win the No-Prize!

Cipher! Deep cut. I guess we could always tat up Ink and give him some Four Loko.

Also, what about overpowered Eva Bell? Slow down time enough for them to do their thang.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella