Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

But would she stop complaining?

That is a good point about Magneto - he can't go because he is one of the faces of Krakoa. So by all means, send Lorna.

If we play by story rules there has to be a telepath to maintain uplink. Therefore, Jean. I'd say Emma because I'd choose Emma Frost over Jean Grey twice on Sundays, but I'm not convinced Emma could maintain an interstellar telepathic link. Jean can and did.
    Last edited by powerpax; 09-05-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Trinary- She controls Sentinels and machinery you are going to stop a space base with Sentinels and Machinery.. Also See Hijack, Sage, Cypher, and Forge
    Polaris- If you can't bring Magneto she is the next best thing, Tear the base part or push its orbit... Also see Magneto and Xorn
    Magik- Makes the mission not a suicide mission by being able to teleport home... Also, see Lila Cheney,Manifold and Blink
    Gambit-You need to blow up stuff, It might be a suicide mission and he can double as bomb-Also see Bishop, Havok, Sunspot,Boom Boom
    Rogue-She has the power to copy any power and she can absorb information out of any scientist on the base. She is the biggest redundancy/back up you can put into a mission. You can arguably give all the necessary powers and she can do the mission by herself.Also see hope
    Kitty- Another redundancy back up a single member who can sneak around base and their power disable tech.She is also good with tech..Also, see Cipher and Loa

I don't understand some of the choices for the team. The best guess they found out the information and act immediately on it and the team was the people who volunteered or deem replaceable picks by Cyclops. Give the nature of the mission I don't understand Cyclop's Jean Grey and Nightcrawler picks when you have Psylocke and Magik who can do the same stuff and don't have problems getting murdery. I don't understand putting anyone who is going have problems flip the switch of "screw these humans mutants need to live so these aholes building death machines got to die to complete the mission"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Give the nature of the mission I don't understand Cyclop's Jean Grey and Nightcrawler picks when you have Psylocke and Magik who can do the same stuff and don't have problems getting murdery. I don't understand putting anyone who is going have problems flip the switch of "screw these humans mutants need to live so these aholes building death machines got to die to complete the mission"
    I adore Betsy but I'm not convinced she can maintain an uplink from the sun. Jean is Omega. Scott is the apex leader and knows what is required.

With Illyana you have to contend with all sorts of weird **** en route sometimes - Kurt is point to point, no fuss no muss. And he gave a very strong showing over two issues even before going up in flames.

Also, they knew it was potentially a killing mission. They didn't all die bc they were holding back, they died bc events went sideways for different reasons that were not entirely predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I have no fucking idea who Bellona or Unveil are. You win the No-Prize!

Cipher! Deep cut. I guess we could always tat up Ink and give him some Four Loko.
    Bellona was one of the clone sisters they introduced in the first arc of All-New Wolverine. Unveil was that one promising mutant with a neat design in Age of X-Man.

If we’re bringing Ink onboard, I want Erasmus to blow up the ship still but only kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Also, what about overpowered Eva Bell? Slow down time enough for them to do their thang.
    Why not just stop time for the station? She stopped every Avenger without slowing the X-Men.

I'd make a team of Cyclops + Forge + Beast + Trinary
    They construct a complex contraption that Cyclops can hook himself into to fire four precisely aimed punch dimension blasts from the moon to destroy the four support structures holding Mother Mold in place. Trinary will then upload the footage to the internet for views after adding an overused song as background music.

I adore Betsy but I'm not convinced she can maintain an uplink from the sun. Jean is Omega. Scott is the apex leader and knows what is required..

Jean would be on earth with Xavier, and the Cuckoos creating the link creating a stronger link from earth meaning the person on the other end doesn't to be as strong. Plus Psylocke is one of top telepaths she might not be considered "Omega" anymore she is proven to be top tier.

Also, they knew it was potentially a killing mission. They didn't all die bc they were holding back, they died bc events went sideways for different reasons that were not entirely predictable.
    They didn't because die they were holding back, they died because the mission was to release the latches on station without hurting the humans was first mission parameters. The mission could have easily been,Blow up four sections, to blow station of out its orbit or Destroy the station. Kurt did great on the mission but if he needed to kill those people to release the latch they were screwed. I am not super critical of the mission the point of the story was for them to lose but initial setup of the mission added a risk of going on to the ship and that happens because they didn't want to blow up. They boarded instead of blowing the crap out of the station. The safest option for X-men was blowing up the station. This shouldn't have been a Cyclops style mission, This is X-force style mission where Cable, Psylocke or Wolverine style thinking would have been better. Teleport in drop bomb , Teleport out. Have a nice day
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-05-2019 at 08:52 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They didn't because die they were holding back, they died because the mission was to release the latches on station without hurt the humans was mission parameters.
    It was also a more elegant situation. "Mutants bomb the sun, kill innocent research station full of humans" - which would absolutely be the headline - is not a great PR move for Krakoa.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Jeeper 2.0 View Post
    Mission failed
    lmfao this made laugh so hard. leave iceman alone
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-05-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Couldn't they just ship Gosamyr up there? Wait til she gets the men horny and fighting over her for each other, then turns into that big monster thing and eats them all?

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I'm sending my gorillas after Karima and company

1. Magik
    2. Colossus
    3. Lifeguard
    4. Darwin
    5. M
    6. Magneto
    7. Bishop
    8. Emma Frost/Mama
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

It was also a more elegant situation. "Mutants bomb the sun, kill innocent research station full of humans" - which would absolutely be the headline - is not a great PR move for Krakoa.
    or the Sovereign nation of Krakoa defended itself against AIM, Hydra, and Hammer building weapons of mass destruction one used in the genocide of 16 million mutants. PR doesn't only work for the humans.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-06-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would have picked a team of which you readers at least would have thought the deaths might stick. So not a bunch of A-listers, because no one will believe Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Jean and Cyclops to all get killed at once and most of them we know will appear in DoX.

Also none of the team shopuld appear on upcoming covers of DoX. As ones who are already confirmed to appear in the upcoming 6 DoX titles will not be dead.Readers must think we did loose them all. At least till the end of HoX.

Then it brings me to the following team:
    - Polaris (Leader and Magnetism might be helpful to destroy the iron Mothermold)
    - Kid Gladiator (powerhouse and comes from space)
    - Monet/Penance (powerhouse)
    - Rockslide or Gentle (powerhouse)
    - Hijack (due to his power set)
    - Pixie (teleporter is required for this mission)
    - 2 Cuckoos for telepathic connection
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm excluding Omegas and Magik because it would have been to easy lol.

- Cyclops as team leader/pilot;
    - Rachel Grey because she's been in space for some time, maybe she's more adapt than her mother and she should be able to pull off the psi-link;
    - Polaris for obvious reasons plus space expertise;
    - Kitty Pryde informatic expert, intangible, has worked in space plus she can disrupt tech so she'd come in handy;
    - Monet as the flying brick/powerhouse plus she can boost Rachel's TP (and they've already used their powers together in the past);
    - Ariel or Pixie as teleporters. I'm not sure if Pixie could go as far as the sun with her magic, so probably Ariel in case they need to go back to Earth with a single jump (even though story has taught us Ariel doesn't like explosions while Pixie has got much more training and more tricks up her sleeve). Both Pixie and Ariel should also be able to bring everyone near the control collars in one take and without needing to go with them;
    - Wolverine because you might need a Wolverine in this kind of missions lol.

Tactic would be Polaris and Rachel shielding the ship and anchoring the station thanks to Polaris powers (they've already done this against Shi'ar ships while in the Starjammers) to avoid casualties while boarding. Then the teleporter would bring Scott, Logan, Kitty and Monet near the respective collars. Highly unlikely that Logan, Kitty and Monet would get killed before they reach the collars. Scott should be able to pull it off as he's already done it. While they are disabling the collars, Polaris and Rachel would protect the ship and wreck the station/incoming sentinels. When Mother Mold is into the sun, the teleporter would grab everyone back and either bring everyone back to Krakoa (if they can at that distance) or they would just flee while Polaris and Rach shield them.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I would have picked a team of which you readers at least would have thought the deaths might stick. So not a bunch of A-listers, because no one will believe Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Archangel, Jean and Cyclops to all get killed at once and most of them we know will appear in DoX.

Also none of the team shopuld appear on upcoming covers of DoX. As ones who are already confirmed to appear in the upcoming 6 DoX titles will not be dead.Readers must think we did loose them all. At least till the end of HoX.

Then it brings me to the following team:
    - Polaris (Leader and Magnetism might be helpful to destroy the iron Mothermold)
    - Kid Gladiator (powerhouse and comes from space)
    - Monet/Penance (powerhouse)
    - Rockslide or Gentle (powerhouse)
    - Hijack (due to his power set)
    - Pixie (teleporter is required for this mission)
    - 2 Cuckoos for telepathic connection
    I had forgotten Hijack. But I'm guessing they would shield Sentinels from technopaths.

This was a X-Force mission, why it wasn't treated as such is crazy.
    Looking at the team that was put together for this mission makes no sense,
    Cyclops - yes he is a great leader, so why send him on a suicide mission? We dont send your best field Leader out to die. You send some one who has experience and doesnt mind getting their hands dirty. Cable would be my first choice to lead this team.

Jean Grey - Jean is great, but not for this mission we have cable already. Need someone with high destructive powers but has control, i would send Sunfire.

Archangel - i dont see a reason for someone who flies on a space station. I would send in Warpath.

Husk - if you needed someone with strength, but also the drive to get the mission done. I would send Frenzy

Wolverine - good choice. He would have bee second in command.

Nightcrawler - the team needs a teleporter, but you also have much more power and long distance travel if you send in Exodus.

Mystique - Stealth is key to a mission but a little bit of luck can go a long way, i would have sent Domino

Monet - i love Monet but this is a kill team. I would send Juggernaut.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!