Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tomb Raider sequel is happening

I had the impression that it was a flop, but apparently not:
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/09/n...-directing-it/

Personally I found it okay, but not very engaging. Maybe the sequel will be much better.

Mighty Member

saw it on video. I agree that it was kinda generic... but I did like the two leads. they've got a solid foundation started... and I think if they get a stronger script, get a more experienced action director involved, it could really go places.

I honestly don't know enough about Ben Wheatley and Amy Jump to have an opinion yet. If it gets halfway decent reviews I'd probably watch it as a matinee.

Thought it was better then the original. May not have been the strongest story, but Alicia Vikander was very well cast and I'm glad to hear that she'll be back and have a chance to pick up the incomplete story and play Lara in her zone after showing us the origin story. Never played the new games, but I hope the Sam character from them gets put in the sequel; giving Lara a friend seems like a good idea.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Thought it was better then the original. May not have been the strongest story, but Alicia Vikander was very well cast and I'm glad to hear that she'll be back and have a chance to pick up the incomplete story and play Lara in her zone after showing us the origin story. Never played the new games, but I hope the Sam character from them gets put in the sequel; giving Lara a friend seems like a good idea.
    Jonah is more important then Sam IMO. Hes the heart of all 3 games.

She needs a better antagonist, whoever was the villain in the first one was forgettable, I need to go look up who was the villain now, lol. I did watch the whole film, but I've forgotten the villain.

I've played the first two games in the reboot and those baddies I remember better - though games do last for a lot longer, so the villains should be easier to remember.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I had the impression that it was a flop, but apparently not:
    https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/09/n...-directing-it/

Personally I found it okay, but not very engaging. Maybe the sequel will be much better.
    It was a domestic flop, but did very well overseas:

Domestic: 58M
    Foreign: 216M
    Budget: 98M

Next one should be better now that the origin story is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    She needs a better antagonist, whoever was the villain in the first one was forgettable, I need to go look up who was the villain now, lol. I did watch the whole film, but I've forgotten the villain.

I've played the first two games in the reboot and those baddies I remember better - though games do last for a lot longer, so the villains should be easier to remember.
    Part of the problem I think is that they seriously toned down the adaptation of the game reboot (including removing the supernatural element), and also meshed the Solarri and Trinity together (and turned Mathias from basically Mola Ram to a homesick agent). The first reboot game in particular is pretty much a horror game.

Wonder if this'll adapt RISE and have Anna be the antagonist with the Siberian setting.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Part of the problem I think is that they seriously toned down the adaptation of the game reboot (including removing the supernatural element), and also meshed the Solarri and Trinity together (and turned Mathias from basically Mola Ram to a homesick agent). The first reboot game in particular is pretty much a horror game.

Wonder if this'll adapt RISE and have Anna be the antagonist with the Siberian setting.
    Oh, I did enjoy the second game much more. And yes, Anna was more memorable than the first game's villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Jonah is more important then Sam IMO. Hes the heart of all 3 games.
    I've heard people online contest that point, but I never played the games, so I couldn't say one way or the other.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I've heard people online contest that point, but I never played the games, so I couldn't say one way or the other.
    Sam is equally important in the first game I guess. But Jonah is the only person in all 3 and hes Laura's ride or die Polyneisan bestie. Constantly sacrificing himself for her(Yet somehow always survivng). I cam see maybe someone say Sam is equally important but Jonah goes on to be in two more games and is the heart of them. Laura can get kinda cold and detached and Jonah is there to keep her grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sam is equally important in the first game I guess. But Jonah is the only person in all 3 and hes Laura's ride or die Polyneisan bestie. Constantly sacrificing himself for her(Yet somehow always survivng). I cam see maybe someone say Sam is equally important but Jonah goes on to be in two more games and is the heart of them. Laura can get kinda cold and detached and Jonah is there to keep her grounded.
    Well, either way, that point would be the reason I'd think that Lara should have a friend involved on the story, whether they bring back the ship captain from the first one or adapt Sam or Jonah into the sequel. Guess a female friend would seem welcome, given how uncommon female friendships are depicted onscreen.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well, either way, that point would be the reason I'd think that Lara should have a friend involved on the story, whether they bring back the ship captain from the first one or adapt Sam or Jonah into the sequel. Guess a female friend would seem welcome, given how uncommon female friendships are depicted onscreen.
    Yea well if they do go with Jonah they already got the perfect guy Jerry from the Walking dead and hes also the Foster dad in Shazam. Hes perfect. But yea none of them are in the first movie so doesnt matter they are going off book anyway. Have Sam just play the Jonah role. Someone she didnt know but forms this deep bond with after surviving some hellish adventure.

I'd rather another reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'd rather another reboot.
    And watch Lara's origin again again?

Sam I think is important in the Dark Horse comics which bridge the games, she kind of has a bit of Himiko still in her, but then Lara and Sam break off the friendship to protect her from trinity.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth