Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Sam I think is important in the Dark Horse comics which bridge the games, she kind of has a bit of Himiko still in her, but then Lara and Sam break off the friendship to protect her from trinity.
    Yea never read the Comics I just assumed Jonah was a more popular character so they gave him the role Sam shoulda had. I dont know why but I thought Sam was dead lol

Jonah was her main ally in Rise, I haven't played Shadow yet so no idea if he's in that much or not, or if Sam returns. But more people play the games than read the comics, so it makes sense to stick closer to the games, since that's the most recognised medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Jonah was her main ally in Rise, I haven't played Shadow yet so no idea if he's in that much or not, or if Sam returns. But more people play the games than read the comics, so it makes sense to stick closer to the games, since that's the most recognised medium.
    Yea it's just him and her bascialy in shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea well if they do go with Jonah they already got the perfect guy Jerry from the Walking dead and hes also the Foster dad in Shazam. Hes perfect.
    Okay, maybe.

But yea none of them are in the first movie so doesnt matter they are going off book anyway.
    Yeah, my understanding was that the movie inverted a lot of stuff from the way the game had it.

Have Sam just play the Jonah role. Someone she didnt know but forms this deep bond with after surviving some hellish adventure.
    Or a old friend that get caught up in whatever nonsense happens. Heck, have Hannah John-Kamen reprise her role from the original with a larger part if you wanted don't want to create a new character from scratch.

Sam I think is important in the Dark Horse comics which bridge the games, she kind of has a bit of Himiko still in her, but then Lara and Sam break off the friendship to protect her from trinity.
    Heard a bit about that; found plenty of fans online who're pretty angry over that detail. (Have to admit that it did kill my interest in that aspect of the franchise, given that I prefer keeping the supporting cast the same. Stuff like Indiana Jones having a new girlfriend every movie is a pet peeve of mine.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Lu Ren and Lara's father basically were sort of the stand in for The Endurance Crew/Sam/Jonah pretty much.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Lu Ren and Lara's father basically were sort of the stand in for The Endurance Crew/Sam/Jonah pretty much.
    What? I don't remember any of these characters in the film. The main things that stuck in my mind was thinking it would have been more fun to play than watch Lara do the puzzles/climbing, and gosh the lead actress is ripped.

Lu was the captain of the Endurance, which was also kind of downgraded from the game, and got captured on the island. Lara's father was also on the island and not dead (at least at first).

Characters such as Roth were also important as Sam and Jonah I think, he was kind of her mentor. Also there's the immoral scientist character as well.

Physically Alicia was very similar to the game look, but the reboots version of Lara was somewhat more vulnerable, at least at first until she sort of became more skilled and resilant (The last three games are pretty much known as the "Survivor" series). However they kind of decided to make her all cool and confident from the start.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-10-2019 at 07:40 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth