Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Why can’t they just get married again?

All-New Member

What a frustrating issue. Pete has to be the dumbest person in all of comics. He couldnt just say no for once? Gah.

BANNED

All I hope is that Spencer does something with this and not waste everyone's time like Tom King did. Because this is very much a "throwing down a gauntlet" moment. Either this pays off in some small or big way but either way it needs to be as satisfying as possible within the constraints he's working.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    One of my insider contacts says some people think it has become a matter of personal pride with Big Joe Q one he is not willing to concede as long as he is in a position of influence.
    It's weird that Quesada wants to take pride in that. I mean he should take pride in his work on Marvel Knights Black Panther which he greenlit and cajoled Priest into writing, which ultimately made T'Challa into the major league Marvel character he is...but this is the hill he wants to die on.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    ...It's weird that Quesada wants to take pride in that. I mean he should take pride in his work on Marvel Knights Black Panther which he greenlit and cajoled Priest into writing, which ultimately made T'Challa into the major league Marvel character he is...but this is the hill he wants to die on.
    He (rightfully) takes pride in that to. I think it is more stubbornness than anything else in this case. I'm told he contends that "cutting edge" stories such as Spider-Island and Superior Spider-Man couldn't have been done with a married Peter Parker. He says Spider-Man was "boring" and had "stagnated" before OMD. He says if the marriage "fails again" this time there will be no clear "out". As I understand it he is the major stumbling block to the marriage being restored everyone else has conceded that the fans want MJ and Pete back together longterm.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Hit or miss, I guess Spidey really missed, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    What a frustrating issue. Pete has to be the dumbest person in all of comics. He couldnt just say no for once? Gah.
    No. He's Spider-Man. This is how Spider-Man loses.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Holy freaking ****!
    FINISH IT.
    FINISH IT!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
    No to what - helping to try save a person in danger? Geez, now that would have been dumb.

Honestly, what kind of sh*t move on his part would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    All I hope is that Spencer does something with this and not waste everyone's time like Tom King did. Because this is very much a "throwing down a gauntlet" moment. Either this pays off in some small or big way but either way it needs to be as satisfying as possible within the constraints he's working.
    Spencer is a very clever fellow. If he's pulling on this particular thread, it's because he has a bigger plan mapped out.

Extraordinary Member

I can't hate Quesada because I do think he isn't entirelt wrong. I do think OMD helped revitalize Spiderman and I do think we had a lot happen that might. Ot have happened with the marriage intact.

And he isn't wrong about there being no clear out of the marriage doesn't work.

That being said, he lost. MJ won. All hail Mary Jane Watson.

Dont give me hope Spencer cause i already been fooled twice for two weddings last year not again if you do it stick with it
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Dont give me hope Spencer cause i already been fooled twice for two weddings last year not again if you do it stick with it
    At least someone got married with the X-Men one! Haha

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I can't hate Quesada because I do think he isn't entirelt wrong. I do think OMD helped revitalize Spiderman and I do think we had a lot happen that might. Ot have happened with the marriage intact.

And he isn't wrong about there being no clear out of the marriage doesn't work.

That being said, he lost. MJ won. All hail Mary Jane Watson.
    Again, it was Joe Q who told Spencer that he was free to make MJ a big part of his run. So if you're happy she's back at the forefront of ASM, Joe Q deserves some of the credit for that. It's not like Spencer went around Joe Q to make it happen. Just the opposite. He got his personal approval.

Teresa was enough, but Nick Spencer had to do more . I hope he don't tom king.

Astonishing Member

I seriously don’t understand how people can praise and fawn over Spencer when he’s just retreading old stories.

This book happens once every five years!!!!

Spider-Man wins/loses = Peter loses stories are super common because they're the essence of Spider-Man and we really needed one because the book hasn't been focusing on him.

also spencer killed SHIELD so this is more cap wank and that's all i want, baby
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Spider-Man wins/loses = Peter loses stories are super common because they're the essence of Spider-Man and we really needed one because the book hasn't been focusing on him.
    There are plenty of great stories where both Spider-Man and Peter win (https://community.cbr.com/showthread...t-quot-stories). This idea about Peter losing and Spider-Man winning and vice-versa is just a trashy nostrum that garbage writers and editors put out but it isn't true to the core of the character and the story.

The core of Spider-Man is that he earns his victories and faces consequences that other heroes don't, which ultimately makes him a greater hero. He isn't an a--hole who gets hit by a truck.