Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

chameleon PLEASE go and #FreeHydraCap
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's certainly one of Spencer's strongest single issues. No arcs, no subplots, just the characters. I mean it sets up some threads but this is basically standalone. No Kindred/Mysterio/Boomerang here.
    This might be Spencer's second best Spider-Man story (not counting Superior Foes as a Spider-Man story) topped only by his first issue.

This could be in the top five of a respectable run.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Just a great freaking issue. A Peter and MJ fans dream issue. Had just about everything that makes their relationship so great. Just a fantastic one shot issue from spencer.

Hopefully Marvel isn’t dangling this carrot in front of me with that ending ....My heart can’t take it....

That was kind of dull. The Teresa plot was as boring as pulling weeds from the garden and May’s speech was after school special kinds of bad. Either marry them again or don’t but don’t prolong the damn thing about. Eesh.

Really enjoying the dynamic Spencer is showing between Peter and MJ but damn if that last panel doesn't make me want to tear my hair out! I can't tell if he is teasing us or if he is hinting at something I want so bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    chameleon PLEASE go and #FreeHydraCap
    didnt they kill him in the current Cap run?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Really enjoying the dynamic Spencer is showing between Peter and MJ but damn if that last panel doesn't make me want to tear my hair out! I can't tell if he is teasing us or if he is hinting at something I want so bad!!!
    Agreed. If this is a joke I’m done with this title lol. I can’t take this again...

BANNED

There were complaints, exaggerated ones, that Spencer wasn't interested in getting in Peter's head and was interested in supporting characters.

Well this issue is pure Peter realness and it's entirely in his head...more than that, in his soul, his incomplete soul, where a part of which remembers what he lost and suffers permanent agony...as per the bargain per Mephisto.

This is the purest expression of Peter Parker the character Post-OMD...it's the most honest book about the damage that story did to him.

There were complaints, exaggerated ones, that Spencer wasn't interested in getting in Peter's head and was interested in supporting characters.

Well this issue is pure Peter realness and it's entirely in his head...more than that, in his soul, his incomplete soul, where a part of which remembers what he lost and suffers permanent agony...as per the bargain per Mephisto.

This is the purest expression of Peter Parker the character Post-OMD...it's the most honest book about the damage that story did to him.
    Agreed and its very cathertic to see his thoughts on MJ finally explored after 10 years of me not being able wrap my head around how it could be ignored for so long.

BANNED

With Mephisto making constant plays throughout the Marvel comics titles it has to lead into something BIG to invoke the OMD deal in a sense.

I really hope we aren’t all just getting our hopes up for nothing. It’s pretty obvious that the character of MJ is hot right now though.. She is in just about every Spider related story at the moment (ASM, friendly, life story, her own title and so on). She’s everywhere....Hopefully this isn’t some big tease from Marvel because the fan base would riot at this point. Those OMD wounds still
    Haven’t healed up completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    didnt they kill him in the current Cap run?
    What current Cap run? Weird how Marvel isn't publishing a Cap or Panther solo rn.

Y'know, once in a while it's nice to have issues like this, no overcomplicated plots that are part 1 of whatever many parts, no boring/obnoxious crossovers, no overbloated plot to fit in one issue, just a more simple issue that deals with a simple, personal problem. Yhis was a pretty good read.

That tease at the end with Peter saying "Maybe some other day", geez, leave it to Spider-Man to make me wary whenever the word "day" shows up lol.

Nice to see Teresa back too, thought she'd be gone for a decade or so at best, wonder if we're gonna see her hunting for Chameleon, and it sounds pretty cool, 'cause honestly, her having a rivarly with Chameleon is just thematicaly perfect.

I was happy to see Stingray name checked in this issue. I have no idea what his current status quo is though since Namor attacked and possibly murdered him.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I was happy to see Stingray name checked in this issue. I have no idea what his current status quo is though since Namor attacked and possibly murdered him.
    He's alive. Namor didn't go all the way, that sexy bastard.