Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

There were other humans in Kamandi's timeline according to the original Kirby run. They were largely feral and were treated as an underclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    There were other humans in Kamandi's timeline according to the original Kirby run. They were largely feral and were treated as an underclass.
    Doesn’t it seem like the kamandi time period should come after the legion? Like at the very end?

Not really. Back in the 80s, it was explained one reason that the Legion lacked historical data was because it had been lost in a 'Great Disaster'. It's been soft canon for decades that Earth-AD happens before the 31st Century. Kamandi itself offers glimmers of hope that humans can regain their former position, something that was explored in Steve Orlando's recent Electric Warriors series that slots in a lil' bit after the Tommy Tomorrow section in this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I couldn’t finish.

It was excruciating, lots of babble, going nowhere.
    I found it very readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Then putting the Legion's name in the title makes little sense.
    It's not a oneshot though so they could easily appear in the next issue.

Personally I liked it a lot. I found it interesting to focus on Rose and reveal the fact she is immortal, and I liked how she struggled through different periods to the Legion';s "present".

Okay, I really have to ask; what’s the point of making rose/thorn, a) immortal, and b) psychotic. I liked the idea of a split personality, but I think this is carrying it a bit too far.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Okay, I really have to ask; what’s the point of making rose/thorn, a) immortal, and b) psychotic. I liked the idea of a split personality, but I think this is carrying it a bit too far.
    Bendis really likes her and has made her a “pet character”. She’s always been pretty psychotic but the immortal thing is new. She seems Hulk-like which could be cool. She has more super strength than previous incarnations.

Just read this last night. Literally the worst comic I've read in 2019. And that includes Battle Pug.

President Super "girl"? 3D printers already make pills (MIT), let alone in the future. Rose is super strong but bleeds when kicked in the face by someone without powers? The writing, dialogue, "action" sequences and imagination for what the future holds were all so bad. I can see why the words "Legion of Super-Heroes" was so small on the title now. DC will blame this on the fans and not on the terrible writing/art. This had nothing to do with the Legion. Not a damn thing.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Just read this last night. Literally the worst comic I've read in 2019. And that includes Battle Pug.

President Super "girl"? 3D printers already make pills (MIT), let alone in the future. Rose is super strong but bleeds when kicked in the face by someone without powers? The writing, dialogue, "action" sequences and imagination for what the future holds were all so bad. I can see why the words "Legion of Super-Heroes" was so small on the title now. DC will blame this on the fans and not on the terrible writing/art. This had nothing to do with the Legion. Not a damn thing.
    1. What's the problem with Supergirl being President of Earth ? Did you expect Clark to go all Kim-il Sung on us and keeping it for himself until his death (and afterwards?) ?

2. What good are 3d printers if the formula for the pills has been lost ? Heck, I'm a total ignorant in 3d Print, but how does it would work when it comes to medication ?

3. You do know that Bendis didn't create any of those futures, right ? All of them predates him since a very long time.

Concerning the bleeding bit, I don't remember when it happens. But if it's when she's Rose instead of Thorn at that time, it may explain it, her powers activating only when Thorn is in command.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    The bendis speak was awful
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And that's why I won't waste my money on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    I couldn’t finish.

It was excruciating, lots of babble, going nowhere.
    Has it gotten to the point where Bendis has becoming a polarizing writer? That fans either love his work or hate it with little to no middle ground?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Astonishing Member

I was excited that Rose & Thorn would be the focus -- I'm an old R&T fan, and an old school Legion fan. I haven't read the last chapter yet, but the previous ones didn't wow men. I don't think the story did a good job of really defining Rose and Thorn. I'd guess, though, that the majority of her Bronze Ages stories (the eras in which she was most active) are no longer canon. She often worked with Superman, Lois Land and Batman. Doesn't seem to be the case.

And when did she get super strength? Previous stories have hinted that Thorn could be metahuman -- as well as having a third personality, but some clarification would have been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    1. What's the problem with Supergirl being President of Earth ? Did you expect Clark to go all Kim-il Sung on us and keeping it for himself until his death (and afterwards?) ?
    No problem with a woman being President. I have a problem with Supergirl still being called Supergirl hundreds of years later. Like her character never progressed. Couldn't she be President Kara Zor-El? Or Zor-El-Malverne? Or even Zor-El-J'onzz? Something that shows she's moved forward. Realistically, Supergirl would want to be SuperWoman at some point in her life. How silly would it be if Supergirl had kids and grandkids but still wanted to be called Supergirl? It's short sighted writing.

2. What good are 3d printers if the formula for the pills has been lost ? Heck, I'm a total ignorant in 3d Print, but how does it would work when it comes to medication ?
    Rose still has some pills left. Kryptons are super smart and can analyse anything down to a molecular level with their microscopic vision. Heck, even Batman can analyse and duplicate anything in this century. Are you saying technology, hundreds of years in the future, can't do what Batman can do right now? Short sighted writing.

3. You do know that Bendis didn't create any of those futures, right ? All of them predates him since a very long time.
    I'm well aware of different timelines like Komandi's era. Bendis didn't create it, but good lord did he give them terrible dialogue to speak. And made the Science Police seem like the most incompetent people on the planet (also with bad dialogue). I was really referring to the art. The backgrounds, buildings and overall feel of each century shown were artistically lazy. No thought or love put into the pages.

Concerning the bleeding bit, I don't remember when it happens. But if it's when she's Rose instead of Thorn at that time, it may explain it, her powers activating only when Thorn is in command.
    Considering she was KILLING people right before Batman arrived, it was Thorn.
    Last edited by Ropeburn; 09-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropeburn View Post
    Heck, even Batman can analyse and duplicate anything in this century. Are you saying technology, hundreds of years in the future, can't do what Batman can do right now?
    Granted, Batman is just short of being a New God and can do anything really.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Has it gotten to the point where Bendis has becoming a polarizing writer? That fans either love his work or hate it with little to no middle ground?
    Seems like it, with me getting swayed to hate camp.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Don't let the extremes yelling at each other convince you there isn't a middle ground. The vast majority of readers are in the middle. For every poster compelled to write about how much they hate or love Bendis, there's a hundred more who like and dislike his stuff depending upon their taste, but just don't feel strongly enough about it to chime in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Don't let the extremes yelling at each other convince you there isn't a middle ground. The vast majority of readers are in the middle. For every poster compelled to write about how much they hate or love Bendis, there's a hundred more who like and dislike his stuff depending upon their taste, but just don't feel strongly enough about it to chime in.
    That "Silent Majority" idea is true in many cases, but since no one is polling readers, it is also an unprovable point.

You can't look at a sales figure and decide that X% of the readers are luke warm, like Bendis here but not there or are Bendis-or-Die fans And if there are people reading who hate his take but are still reading then you can't tell want percentage they are either. You can assume the haters are only a small percentage of the readers, but without other evidence it could be that the happy fans are all posting and those disliking the title are less vocal.

Bendis' Superman is going a lot of places different from prior status quos. I suspect his approach is as likely to alienate a reader as to attract them depending on how they feel about the change. But I also suspect that the like/hate ratio is larger than most of the Rebirth stuff where we got a more traditional Superman.