Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Default Shazam recomendations

I've been thinking of reading some Shazam/Captain Marvel. I'm not sure where I should start, he seems to be relaunched several times over at this point. What do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    I've been thinking of reading some Shazam/Captain Marvel. I'm not sure where I should start, he seems to be relaunched several times over at this point. What do you recommend?
    Shazam! was rebooted during the New52 era.
    But here are what I would recommand reading:

1940 - Here comces Captain Marvel - Whiz Comics #2 - First appearance of Captain Marvel
    1942 - Attack of Captain Nazi - Master Comcis #21 + Whiz Comics #25 + Master Comics #22-23 - Birth of Captain Marvel Jr.
    1942 - Captain Marvel and Captain Marvel Jr. Proudly Present Mary Marvel - Captain Marvel Adventures #18 - Introduction of Mary Marvel
    1945 - The Mighty Marvels Join Forces! - Marvel Family #1 - First appearance of Black Adam
    1947 - The Sivana Family Strikes at the Marvel Family - Marvel Family #10 - A travel throu time
    1953 - Captain Marvel Battles the World - Captain Marvel Adventures #148 - Captain Marvel has to convince the Humans to live in peace
    1973 - The Greatest stories of the world's mightiest mortals - Shazam! #8 - including the origins of the Shazam! Familly
    1974 - Make way for Captain Thunder! - Superman #276 - The fight to decide the Super-Hero Championship of the World
    1977 - Ibac Meets Aunt Minerva! - Shazam! #29 - An aliance of all Shazam's vilains
    1984 - With One Magic Word! - DC Comics Presents Annual #3 - Shazam! gets his powers stollen
    1994 - The Power of Shazam! - One-shot - Graphic novel that re-establishes the origin of Captain Marvel. Its success spawned The Power of Shazam ongoing series.
    1995 - Fade to Black - The Flash #107 - Flash and Captain Marvel have to team up - by Mark Waid
    1998 - JLA: World Without Grown-Ups - JLA: World Without Grown-Ups #1-2 - Grown-ups disapear and the Young Justice asks Billy Batson for his help. Sets up the upcoming Young Justice ongoing
    2000 - Shazam! The Power of Hope - One-shot - Origins of Shazam! by Paul Dini
    2006 - Superman/Shazam!: First Thunder - Superman/Shazam! #1-4 - The first meeting of The Last Son of Krypton and Earth's Mightiest Mortal
    2007 - Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil - Shazam!: The Monster Society of Evil #1-4 - by Jeff Smith
    2011 - That Holiday Feeling - All-New Batman: The Brave and the Bold #2 - Captain Marvel has to come help Batman
    2013 - Shazam! New52 - Justice League New52 #7-11, 0, 14-16, 18-21 - Backstory of Justice League and new origins of Shazam! by Geoff Johns
    2015 - New Thunderworld Adventures - The Multiversity: Thunderworld Adventures - Journey to Earth-5 – A.K.A. Thunderworld! - Part of Multiversity by Grant Morrison
    2015 - Return of the Thunder - Convergence Shazam! #1-2 - Fawcet City vs. Gotham by Gaslight
    2019 - Shazam! And the Seven Magic Lands! - Shazam #1 - All new serie by Geoff Johns