Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If they had everyone, I'd think the big film they would have built towards would have been "Avengers vs. X-Men"

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    They don't do Iron Man. Robert Downey Jr does not have a role in the MCU. They make a couple of attempts with Fantastic Four and Captain America, but without Downey the audience never feels the same excitement, and the films do middling to poor at the box office. Disney never buys Marvel and the films drop into obscurity after three or four attempts.
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04...ssible-stunt-/
    Tom Cruise as Iron Man. RDJ was great in the role but darm, had disney not bought marvel and tom got the role, It would have been too amazing for words.

This is literally a real iron man 2 film

This was the iron man film Mickey Rourke wanted not that crap we got when tony makes a joke out of the usa government at his Intel hearing and barely takes anything seriously.

But we were denied because marvel already started to loose it in iron man 2 . As much as I respect RDJ for the role, I can't help but wonder what would have been if tom actually played iron man as planned and the original scripts had been used for the sequel movies.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-07-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Would the films they released in this new hypothetical Phase 1 - 3 have been good movies? Sure, probably.

Would they have been the same movies we actually got? No chance in hell.

I think your outline is actually quite as accurate as I can imagine, Hybrid. Notice how your slate has no Black Panther, Guardians, Ant-Man, Iron Man, Captain Marvel or Thor movies. The characters that people love in the MCU right now wouldn't have gotten the shine if things were this way. Yes, I think Marvel Studios would have to be very smart and not take the risks they took in reality. X-Men, Spider-Man and FF would have dominated the MCU because that was what was popular for Marvel comics. The idea of taking obscure characters into the mainstream wouldn't have been something Marvel would have dared to do because they could just use the most popular IPs to drive the franchise forward. Remember that during Phase 1 Marvel Studios had to make sure their films were as cheap, good and as successful as possible to pay back the loan they took to finance those movies. In this case, they'd probably have more than enough money to do whatever the hell they wanted because that constraint wasn't put on them.

How would the MCU have been different? I think it would have been much, much larger and ambitious than it started out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How would the MCU have been different? I think it would have been much, much larger and ambitious than it started out.
    More ambiguous? Yes. Larger and more successful? Unlikely.

the movies would be so much better made now if everything was Disney owned.

I will say thing though ... I think the fact that other studios have tried making marvel films with fairly mixed results has sort of made marvel films look better by comparison. Because Fox and Sony generally seem to drop the ball every third movie or so, it makes people appreciate the MCU more. It's sort of like marvel looks more like a winner when there's competition for it to actually beat. We can sit through even some of the more mediocre marvel things and think: "Hey, at least this isn't Dark Phoenix."

So in a very indirect way I think other studios having marvel properties has helped marvel a lot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

No chance also that X1, X2, Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 and Blade may hAve been made if marvel just went ahead with the MCU concept.
    You really love those movies to death don't you? You mention those all the time and throw in Logan and DOFP every chance you get. X1 and X2 are stale movies to me but I still enjoy the Raimi Spider-Man and Blades. How many times have you watched the movies listed? Over 50 times by now?

Astonishing Member

They don't do Iron Man. Robert Downey Jr does not have a role in the MCU. They make a couple of attempts with Fantastic Four and Captain America, but without Downey the audience never feels the same excitement, and the films do middling to poor at the box office. Disney never buys Marvel and the films drop into obscurity after three or four attempts.
    Without Downey, would there be as many CBM made per year by any studio? Would Fox eventually crumble with all the miscues of their X-universe films?

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    You really love those movies to death don't you? You mention those all the time and throw in Logan and DOFP every chance you get. X1 and X2 are stale movies to me but I still enjoy the Raimi Spider-Man and Blades. How many times have you watched the movies listed? Over 50 times by now?

X1, X2 is meant to be a stale film by MCU fans but the MCU movies of 2019 still don't match up to the film with their formulaic story and bad visuals. How is this a 2019 film? is this a film or a game? I can't even call this stale. This is xmen origins bad. and the time travel plot story alien invasion is worse. I am glad Marvel did not start with this.

How many times have you watched the movies listed? Over 50 times by now?
    Many times since 1998. I leave it on, when they are showing them on tv or cable. They are more rewatchable as they are not as manufactured as the current superhero climate now, more importantly they are not all the same. X-men, Blade, Spiderman all have their own styles. I just pointed xmen main style that seem to just expose more reasons MCU has lost it in the last few years. the entire spidey board is all about it now that spidey is out of the mcu, its gets better when they also bring up xmen and blade to remind mcu fans, not all marvel movies need the MCU.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    the movies would be so much better made now if everything was Disney owned.
    Definitely the most important point to me. they would be better. their stories in the films would be 10x what they are now since there would be no need to reject comics like demon in a bottle and the real Ragnarok.

High chances that Daredevil would have gotten a movie too with the same Netlfix tone he had.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 12:32 AM.

Really we are doing this in another thread now?!?

iMan 42s

According to what I can find we do have some information on what they would've done.
    According to Wikipedia and the website it cites they had planned on; X-men, Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Elektra, and Namor. Pretty much a far-cry from what they ended up delivering.

I don't think we even can assume what the later slate would've looked like assuming any of these had been shared universe stories or what the competition would've looked like in response and how it would've affected Marvel. Granted it was dated for 97 and Spider-man wouldn't start production until after it was with Sony but yeah it's kind of telling. Though to be fair, a Spider-man movie was shopped around for awhile at that point pretty much going nowhere so I can see why it wasn't on the slate.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

More ambiguous? Yes. Larger and more successful? Unlikely.
    I meant larger in terms of scale, not necessarily in terms of success.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    According to Wikipedia and the website it cites
    Yeah there's a definitive worse worth quoting

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    [*]Carol would be Ms. Marvel, and just another hero. She would not be Captain Marvel, shilled to no end as the greatest ever. Remember, this only came about because Marvel wanted a heroine to be their Wonder Woman that they had the film rights to back then. Beforehand, she was a B-lister, and the X-Women were the most widely celebrated heroines with Marvel treating them that way. Thus, in this world, there would be no "need" to act like Carol is the best.
    [
    How is X woman going to solve Marvel solo female hero problem? And your list does not a single solo female movie
    Last edited by Geraldofrivia; 09-10-2019 at 07:15 AM.