Spectacular Member

Default Is Three Jokers canon or like an Elseworlds story?

Didn't the Three Jokers idea originate from a canon story and been incorprated into the beginning of Rebirth? So, will that mean that the cosumes seen in concept art will chnage the current costumes of Batman, Batgirl and Red Hood in their own series?

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

I personally think it still is a canon story, I mean this story was branched from the canon story, So technically should be in canon
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Astonishing Member

At this point it's hard to know what's canon and else world's in DC.

As far as Johns' is concerned it's canon. Whether that matters to DC Editorial is a whole other story.

Canon but standalone like The Killing Joke ended up becoming.

Johns was planning on writing the story but there’s a good chance it will never happen with his ridiculously busy schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Johns was planning on writing the story but there’s a good chance it will never happen with his ridiculously busy schedule.
    Fabok is almost 2/3 done with it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Boisterously Confused

IMO, this is another example of editorial indiscipline at DC. Writers blow into a title, do their thing without much interest in what went before, or the fundamentals of the characters inhabiting their stories, and blow out for the next writer to repeat the cycle. Every arc seems to be an elseworlds these days.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    IMO, this is another example of editorial indiscipline at DC. Writers blow into a title, do their thing without much interest in what went before, or the fundamentals of the characters inhabiting their stories, and blow out for the next writer to repeat the cycle. Every arc seems to be an elseworlds these days.
    Yeah, there's no such thing as a canon, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just trying to sell you something. The real pertinent question is, how likely is Three Jokers to come up again in a near future story? I'd say that depends on a lot of things, and I couldn't really guess.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Like with most DC and Marvel stories, if everyone loves it, it's canon. If everyone hates it, it's ignored completely.

Its canon for now. It probably should be apart of his Earth One batman run.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As far as Johns' is concerned it's canon. Whether that matters to DC Editorial is a whole other story.
    This right here. And this could be contradicted ASAP if Editorial decide to.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    That's not really the case here, though. Johns was the one that introduced the idea of three Jokers when he wrote Darkseid War. Johns is also writing Three Jokers. No one else has even touched on the idea since it was introduced, so Johns didn't leave it for the next writer to deal with.

If at the end of Three Jokers we still have three Jokers running around, or one insanely different Joker, then, yeah, he left it for other writers to deal with. But for all we know Three Jokers ends with everything being re-set to the status quo. We won't know until the mini finishes.

I'd put something like Joker having his face cut off to more match your idea, since other writers did have to work with that design after the idea was introduced.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I mean, I think the story needs to be released before we start talking about whether its canon or not. DC seems to really be struggling with getting things released lately and most of it seems Geoff Johns related. I get he's busy, but when you take on a job as a writer of a monthly comic, you should be held to releasing it monthly.

As far as canon is concerned...Batgirl recently had to come up with another makeshift costume in black that some have speculated is building up to her wearing the Three Jokers costume Fabok designed.

Still no word on Batman wearing the suit with the yellow oval yet.