Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

I've really loved Superior Spider-Man, West Coast Avengers, Ironheart, Uncanny X-Men, Killmonger, Captain America.

Overall I'm really digging the line as a whole since Fresh Start.

While I was and am disappointed by the idea and execution of Legacy and the carryover into Fresh Start I'm still enjoying a lot of series. The regression of Legacy has had lasting negative impacts imo but Marvel has a TON of writers who I am excited by at the moment. They've done a lot to make the best of what is, for me, an unfortunate situation by making Fresh Start enjoyable in the shadow of Legacy.

This has been an extremely strong relaunch and I am reading the most marvel books I have ever read.

Best:
    Immortal Hulk: Probably the best modern comic. I have never read a solo Hulk series but this book is firing on all cylinders!
    Daredevil: Zdarsky is killing it on my favorite marvel character!
    Amazing Spider-Man: Spencer is doing a phenomenal job and the book is a lot of fun.
    Venom: Cates did something I never thought would be possible and that’s get me to care about Venom.
    Guardians of The Galaxy: the best this book has been since DNA left the book.

Worst:
    Fantastic Four: Slott has really underwhelmed on this book and that’s a shame for marvels first family.
    The Avengers: extremely disappointing and the book is all over the place.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I think it's just HOXPOX and Runaways for me. Valkyrie is promising, and if Future Foundation stays more in the vein of the second issue than the first, it could be too. Been meaning to try Immortal Hulk but haven't gotten to it yet.

Best: Absolute Carnage and Venom are the only two books worth reading right now.

Worst: A majority of the Marvel lineup. There are only a few that I'd say are above average, such as The Immortal Hulk.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 09-09-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Saw a topic like this on the DC forum regarding Rebirth, so I thought I'd see what you guys think of the Fresh Start titles thus far? I want see what you guys think are the best, the worst (or most disappointing/average if "worst" is too strong), and just the general thoughts and recommendations.

The best for me are:

• The Amazing Spider-Man (Spencer really recaptured much of the fun for me)
    • House of X/Powers of X (the real kick the X-Men have needed for so long and I'm pumped for DoX)
    • Runaways (to my surprise, it's the second-best take on the Runaways, only to BKV)
    • Fantastic Four (pretty enjoyable, and I'm just happy to even have them back)
    • Venom (I mainly like the awesome horror-esque artwork, but it's a fun ride)
    • Immortal Hulk (the best Hulk comic in a very long time, as I'm sure we all know)

As for the worst:

• Champions (oh, I really hate Champions, but I'm hardly alone on that)
    • West Coast Avengers (it had a decent team lineup, but I'm not fond of the humor and the reality TV slant is a little dated)
    • Uncanny X-Men (this had me holding out for Hickman's reboot for being so bad)

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.
    I don't know about that.

One thing that I have noticed as of late-I am NOT seeing Marvel books packing bins at the stores I visit.
    Normally I would see copies of a series close to the trade coming out but that isn't happening now.

I would say since May 2018-I have seen 5 Fresh Start books in a bin. Champion & Ironheart (first issue regular cover), Miles #2& FF 1 & 4.

Either stores are ordering enough or folks are actually keeping the books. Aside from complaints about Panther & Pre Hickman X-Men-I rarely hear about complaints about Marvel.
    That OTHER company outside of Naomi & Deathstroke is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Best: Absolute Carnage and Venom are the only two books worth reading right now.

Worst: A majority of the Marvel lineup. There are only a few that I'd say are above average, such as The Immortal Hulk.
    Maybe it's just because I wasn't reading Venom, but Absolute Carnage has been very underwhelming to me. Frank Martin's coloring doesn't help.