Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Who is the smartest person in the DC Universe?

Who do you think is the smartest, most intelligent person in the DC Universe?

For me Lex.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Currently should be Lex
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Probably Lex, his own ego just gets in the way.

Probably followed by Mr. Terrific, The Brain...

“Smartest” is a broad title. Einstein was the best at physics but I’m sure there are countless others who topped him in other fields. So I’m guessing you mean who is the smartest comic booky super-scientist.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably Lex, his own ego just gets in the way.

Probably followed by Mr. Terrific, The Brain...
    I would also say Luthor. He’s probably near the top of every field. he’s kind of the leader of all DC villains and he’d have to be a genius who is 10 steps ahead of everyone in order to keep that amount of chaos in line. And yes, his ego is definitely his downfall.

Will Magnus is the smartest when it comes to robotics.

Ray Palmer is the smartest when it comes to particle physics.

Mr. Terrific may have been the first non meta-human to traverse the multiverse just using his scientific knowledge. That’s a pretty huge feat.

Batman is the smartest strategist and forensic scientist.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ohhh if we're talking, like, ENTIRE DCU not just humans? Metron, Superman, Brainiac, etc.

"Smart" is hella broad though. People have different kinds of smarts. I'm not going to ask Metron of the New Gods to do my taxes, ya know?

oh if we're going full universal/cosmic then I'd say Darkseid and Metron interchangeably due to different skill sets, followed by Brainiac. I don't put superman up there, that one like Batman feels unnecessary (but more belieble than Batman at least) to the character; it's like a hat on a hat. crisis on infinite hats.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I like the idea from Justice League Action that Mr. Terrific writes those "Smartest People Lists" and deliberately ranks himself lower than accurate so that people like Luthor will underestimate him.

So maybe I think it's Michael Holt!

Nah, it's Brainiac Five, hands down. But I like Holt up there on comparable ground with Luthor!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Extraordinary Member

Well, according to Doomsday Clock it's either Bats or Lex, which makes sense, IMHO.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Well, according to Doomsday Clock it's either Bats or Lex, which makes sense, IMHO.
    For the record, I hate both of these. Not saying it's not currently being written that way. But it's not a direction I like with either character, at all.

Batman should never be the smartest person on earth.
    Thats fucking asanine and character shilling of the highest level. Luthor ? Maybe. His whole schtick is to be the Brains to Supermans brawn. But Batman ? **** off.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Brainiac

If it's just human, Luthor

The New 52 lineup for smartest people trying to cure Superdoom is Luthor, Batman, (I forgot if Holt is included since he transferred to Earth 2 at some point), Ray Palmer, and Cyborg (instant internet download)

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hate Bruce being the best of everything.

eh, I wouldn't take a Google search by a mad scientist from a different world, with no frame of reference for the universe he's in, as gospel. plus, I barely count Doomsday Clock as canon anymore anyway. *shrugs*
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Batman is on the list but no where near the top. He’s mastered a many number of skills and disciplines in order to become Batman, but I don’t consider him to be on the same level as Lex, or even Mr. Terrific. Here is another possible sleeper...

Cyborg, is the father box augmenting his brain? If so he should be smart enough to make this list.