Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think that's a completely separate issue from quantifying his intelligence though.
    I'm not sure we're ever going to agree with this, so let's just agree to disagree on this one.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Lois definitely has the best deductive mind among the women of the DCU.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dr. Veritas seems to still hold the title of smartest women on the planet and that’s still canon given she showed up in Supergirl in Rebirth.

[...]
    Dr. Veritas also appeared last month in Red Hood: Outlaw #37 and Jason Todd/Red Hood literally called her "the smartest woman in the world".

For smartest women, off the top of my head.....Kimiyo Hoshi-Light is probably on the list, but the one who strikes me as a viable option for "smartest gal" is Dr. Shay Veritas. She's a minor supporting character in the Super-books, introduced during Lobdell's Superman run back in 2012 or so, and I think she was in Supergirl for a little while and, I believe, she appeared in Red Hood recently too.

She's been described as....something like "the world's leading omniologist" or some such, which sounds impressive if nothing else. And she had/has a giant super-lab in the center of the earth with equipment capable of pushing even Clark's physical limits.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I feel bad for forgetting Veritas, but she does feel kind of obscure and minor to have such an impressive qualification...

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Lois definitely has the best deductive mind among the women of the DCU.
    Does she? Over Barbara Gordon? Talia? Harley?

It's just hard for me to shake the OG Lois not knowing that Clark was Superman for years. That might have changed in recent times, but it's so iconic it always knocks her deductive skills for me

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel bad for forgetting Veritas, but she does feel kind of obscure and minor to have such an impressive qualification...
    She's up there she just has fewer appearances then the rest so she isn't as well known. But her most defining characteristic is her genius
    The J-man

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Wait, so just to clarify, you don't think Bats is the smartest, right? Just want to be clear.
    I think Mr. Terrific is the smartest
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I think Mr. Terrific is the smartest
    I think that's obvious. He SAYS third to keep everybody's attention on who the other two are.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Wise as Athena aka Wonder Woman. Mortals can not relate, unless the writers give them plot armor, to save them from looking totally useless next to the super characters.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Wise as Athena aka Wonder Woman. Mortals can not relate, unless the writers give them plot armor, to save them from looking totally useless next to the super characters.
    I wonder how that compares to the Wisdom of Solomon.

Doomsday clock #2

Bruce Wayne is smarter than Mister Terrific.
    WELL DONE, GEOFF!!

Flashpoint Beyond #5

Geoff just loves to disrespect Mister Terrific.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 11-13-2022 at 01:54 AM.

From DCeased.

I thought writers like Tom Taylor would make fun of this kind of Bat wankery but he just double down on it.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Flashpoint Beyond #5

Geoff just loves to disrespect Mister Terrific.
    More like respecting Batman's iconic status and sales than anything else. BTW, can you really disrespect a fictional character? Their fans? Different story.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Lex Luthor - Obviously pretty damn smart. Although his veracity in expressing his qualifications can almost be as bull$#!+ as politicians.
    Bruce Wayne - I don't get how anyone has been able to truly measure Batman's intelligence. Is he going to sit down for any kind of an IQ test for anyone?
    Micheal Holt - I love how he says third. No one doubts him, instead arguing about the other two.
    Bonnie Baxter - Way to play the gender card. Sue Storm's inspiration scores.

Now, IF intelligence can be put on an actual one dimensional linear scale (doubtful with the multi-faceted actions of the human brain), we could measure and compare. But with the inability to get these folks all in a room and test them on equal footing, it's still all subjective.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

The 3 candidates that immediately come to mind are Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne, and Michael Holt. Out of this Holt is the interesting one, because he only rates himself third. I think this is just a ploy so people under-rate him and his abilities. After all, you don't look up who was the third man on the moon now, do you?

So I think Holt has put himself into the perfect place to be underestimated and get away with it. My answer is Michael Holt.