Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Wise as Athena aka Wonder Woman. Mortals can not relate, unless the writers give them plot armor, to save them from looking totally useless next to the super characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how that compares to the Wisdom of Solomon.
    While Solomon is indeed Wise, he is/was a mortal. Athena has always been a goddess.

In addition to her Wisdom, Athena is also the patron goddess of crafts such as spinning and weaving as well as war and battle strategy.

I would thus go with Athena.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Doomsday clock #2

Bruce Wayne is smarter than Mister Terrific.
    WELL DONE, GEOFF!!
    You know, I kind of have a problem of people believing than Bruce Wayne (not Batman) is the smartest guy in among the smartest guys in the world. You can agree than he is a rich guy but not the smartest one. He is not in charge of his enterprises as Luthor, ( who I must add would not had moral qualms about firing workers if the company needs it) and outside being a playboy millionaire, Wayne could be know for his charity work. It is not exactly the best way to demonstrate being a smart guy. At least Wayne contracts people who invent things but Bruce doesn't have any kind of pattent registrered by himself.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Mr Terrific without doubt. Luthor would be second place (as others have mentioned his ego and paranoia get in the way)

Batman has proved repeated times that he is not that smart as he had made a lot of stupid decisions. He should be ranked much lower, but because he is DC's Gary Stue, he is in a high rank.

BANNED

Batman and Constantine. For Batman, because hes DC'S most badass character and hes backed by plot armor more than any charavter and we all know plot armored granted intelligence > comicbook intelligence since batman uses his genius to look cool and win. Lex has more losses against Bruce than the latter, plus Lex is a bald ugly jerk who seethes at being the Jokers b***** at times.

John is second, if Batman is DC's coolest hero, than the Worlds greatest liar and british jerk is DC's coolest anti hero. And if you read hellblazer and future titles with John as the lead. You know he's gonna make everyone look bad and moronic due to being a magic sob plot device of pure cleverness and competance.

What is people's opinions on inherent intelligence vs. knowing about/how to use/having access to advanced tech?

What made me think of this was the Avengers movie, actually... when Shuri meets up with Bruce Banner and Tony Stark and kind of shows them up in terms of technology, but IMO she's only like 16, so I wondered, "Is she smarter, or just has more advanced tech?"
    Which also made me wonder of different JL members, such as how Ted Kord was always considered one of the smartest people in DC (and that was what he brought to the JLI team) but was not really needed when you have Mister Miracle bringing Fourth World tech, and Kilowogg bringing stuff from the Guardians. But does that make them smarter? I wouldn't think so, and of course there is something to be said about your own intelligence, but is someone who can construct and navigate with an astrolabe smarter than someone who can create a satellite GPS, or not? How does this factor in, in your all opinions?

Extraordinary Member

When I read the thread title, I assumed everyone would say Mr. Terrific, which I agree with.

But there have definitely been some great alternative responses.