Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I may end up loving good guy Apocalypse. I tend to like face-turns, so i'm not ruling it out.

But on X-Men, it's always been a complaint they don't have many villains because they keep turning good, or anti-heroes. Now they continue that trend by taking Apocalypse off the rogue gallery. Creed as a good guy I could buy since he sucks donkey ass as a villain. Nothing of note lost, and Bunn's plans sounded interesting.

Apocalypse. on the other hand, actually did seem like one of the X-Men's most dangerous & formidable foes that hasn't undergone Villain Decay, so he was fine as is imo. Unless Hickman is gonna take some of the underused more washed-up X-Foes and bring them to prominence as legit threats.
    Black Tom seems to be a hero now too. Soon x-men will have to fight theirselves because there isn't any x-men viilains

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Black Tom seems to be a hero now too. Soon x-men will have to fight theirselves because there isn't any x-men viilains
    Shaw may still be one of their villains. There's plenty of villains. It's just sad fact that most of them are used as fodder of the week, so you won't get much good story off them where they give any real challenge to the X-Men.

We had Magneto, Apocalypse, and Sinister. And 2 of those are considered heroes now. Pretty soon, Mr. Sinister will be one too. lol

Shaw may still be one of their villains. There's plenty of villains. It's just sad fact that most of them are used as fodder of the week, so you won't get much good story off them where they give any real challenge to the X-Men.

We had Magneto, Apocalypse, and Sinister. And 2 of those are considered heroes now. Pretty soon, Mr. Sinister will be one too. lol
    We never know, he is probably the next

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sadly the X-men fighting between themselves has happened and will continue to happen a lot.
    we just come from a time were the biggest fights they had were Cyclops vs Wolverine, Avenger vs X-men and Inhumans vs X-men.

I'm honestly not a fan of those, makes the heros look like very problematic people.

I may end up loving good guy Apocalypse. I tend to like face-turns, so i'm not ruling it out.

Apocalypse. on the other hand, actually did seem like one of the X-Men's most dangerous & formidable foes that hasn't undergone Villain Decay, so he was fine as is imo. Unless Hickman is gonna take some of the underused more washed-up X-Foes and bring them to prominence as legit threats.
    I know what you mean, but I think when the premise of the X-line is "all mutants have to come together under one flag for the sake of the species", I can buy Apocalypse joining in on that.

Sinister might be the only one I could have trouble accepting. He's just so thoroughly lacking in any redemptive qualities. I mean, so is Apocalypse, but he at least has motivations that I could see aligning with the good guys in this case. Sinister is just the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly the X-men fighting between themselves has happened and will continue to happen a lot.
    we just come from a time were the biggest fights they had were Cyclops vs Wolverine, Avenger vs X-men and Inhumans vs X-men.

I'm honestly not a fan of those, makes the heros look like very problematic people.
    I will just say this: I reread some of the very first X-Men comics the other day, Kirby and Lee stuff, and the X-Men just kept fighting each other. It was exhausting, honestly. It was about one third in-fighting, one third training exercises, and one third silly encounters with villains that make Xavier seem sketchy.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Somebody get Raiden. Earthrealm is in trouble.
    Everyone will get Caged!

Charles Xavier, Magneto, and Apocalypse teaming up. THIS is something I want to see. After Love Guru Apocalypse, my entire perspective on the character has changed and I hope he plays a more nuanced role in the X-Books moving forward.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

In a way it could be a long game for Apocalypse. The mutants have united in a nation, they are establishing themselves as the dominant evolutionary force on Earth, they are taking proactive action to stop threats against mutant kind. Why not wait things out for a bit, let Xavier and Magneto have their day, eventually they will grow old and die and Apocalypse can step in as the great leader of the mutants and take over the entire world. It's all about the long view, instead of being a hated enemy you become one of their most trusted allies so they start listening to your suggestions. Eventually when they go through hard times they might even listen more, perhaps make you ruler of all the mutants, and thus begins the new Reign of Apocalypse!

Cyclops = Liu Kang

Sonya and Kitana are complicated because aspects of each are swapped with Jean and Polaris. Jean and Sonya were the first women and "Earthrealmers" (closely aligned to Prof X = Raiden) with Kitana and Polaris being the second (and royalty to boot, and fitting with Magneto = Shao Kahn), but the romance with Liu Kang (Cyclops) is with Kitana (which is with Jean, not Polaris) and not Sonya. Meanwhile there's the romance between Sonya and Johnny Cage, which results in an actual kid.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    Somebody get Raiden. Earthrealm is in trouble.
    I must consult with the Elder Gods
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Rogue is Sonya because they would both unironically shout "KOMBAT TIME!" as their battlecries.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Mortal Kombat sucks.

The Wide-pocalypse is coming.
    "Cable was right!"

So new-Xavier is considered to be a villain now?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Mortal Kombat sucks.

The Wide-pocalypse is coming.
    I kiinda like Apoca-lyfts as well

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    So new-Xavier is considered to be a villain now?
    I think it's complicated. I don't consider him a villain at all. I think he's a freedom fighter, in the mold of Mandela. Similarly Mandela was about peaceful means of opposition until with some others from the ANC he helped form Umkhonto we Sizwe in the 60s to use sabotage and less peaceful forms of opposing the South African apartheid regime.