Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Retired

Bruce Wayne was trying to get into Diana Prince's--um--good graces--in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 87 (December '69 - January '70).

And then there was that Nick Cardy cover for JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 102 (October 1972), where everyone else had their eyes on Superman, but Wonder Woman (of Earth-Two) and Batman (of Earth-One) only had eyes for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Bruce Wayne was trying to get into Diana Prince's--um--good graces--in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 87 (December '69 - January '70).
    Did she reciprocate?

And then there was that Nick Cardy cover for JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA 102 (October 1972), where everyone else had their eyes on Superman, but Wonder Woman (of Earth-Two) and Batman (of Earth-One) only had eyes for each other.

Covers tend to lie.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

Diana’s body language looks very uncomfortable around Bruce there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Okay, Crazy. No,really, I certainly don't agree it's always been there. It's completely absent in the older stuff I've read with them both. FTR, I do not like any sort of romantic angle with Diana and Bruce or Diana and Clark. Or Bruce and Clark.
    Maybe not always been there, I meant it more figuratively. From the first time someone decided to write about it it's remained, and I appreciate that it wasn't written away over the years. It doesn't need to always be spoken about since Diana and Bruce aren't each others' endgame (so to speak), but the fact it's brought up every now and then is enough for me.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-09-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I like that she sees his emotional "truth" on some level underneath his Dark Knight demeanor, but I only ever remember Diana and Bruce being a will-they-or-won't-they? or an are-they-a-thing? thing until Burnett and Timm and others played around with it in the animated Justice League series. It sort of played well to those two versions of the characters in subtle ways - in their actions and demeanors at times. In some ways it was weird to see Diana go for the ultimate, emotionally-remote bad boy of the DCU.
    Oh totally. I like that that's their relationship. They don't need to beat people over the head with their possible romance, but I like that they let it exist in this silent, but nebulous way(?) I think that's reflective of how they feel for each other (pure headcanon), that they're aware of themselves, but they won't say anything to anyone or each other because there's just nothing to say or start for reasons we'll never know!
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-09-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Her best best friend will always be Superman (outside of continuities where its more than that), but in regards to a woman, I like what JLD is doing with her and Zatanna.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-09-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Wonder Woman is too good for Bats and his daddy issues.
    Diana loves that about him.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I've noticed me and you tend to have opposing views on a lot of topic (or at least a few) but this I wholeheartedly agree with you on.
    Well there we go! I'm glad I'm not alone in this!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There wasn't anything between Wonder Woman and Batman until the Justice League animated series.
    You may be right, I haven't read as much old DC stuff as Marvel, but that doesn't bother me at all. We can call the animated series the starting point if you'd like, but ever since then it's existed, even in the mainline of comics, and I appreciate it. I know Batman x Wonder Woman won't actually come into fruition (RIP me ), but that would also kinda take away some aspect of what I love between them—that mystery and possibility, but not just ordinary possibility, but the type of possibility that they, as characters in the universe, know could happen one day if either of them wanted it to.

There's multiple levels of teasing WonderBat gets:

1. Publisher teases readers

2. Writers tease readers/viewers

3. Bruce & Diana tease everyone around them in universe

4. Bruce and Diana respectively tease themselves and each other
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-09-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Okay, Crazy. No,really, I certainly don't agree it's always been there. It's completely absent in the older stuff I've read with them both. FTR, I do not like any sort of romantic angle with Diana and Bruce or Diana and Clark. Or Bruce and Clark.
    I can see what you mean, though despite that, I did find comics such as 1968's The Brave and the Bold #78 rather amusing. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I can see what you mean, though despite that, I did find comics such as 1968's The Brave and the Bold #78 rather amusing. lol

I find it more cringe-worthy than amusing. And I have read it. I mean, just the entire set up. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougbauer View Post
    ISIS ..think of geeks and and egipcians gods..
    I kike that.

And lol your typo: Yes absolute geek goddesses

LOL @ this thread devolved into being about what man to pair her with.
    Despite the great topic
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-10-2019 at 04:58 AM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Diana’s body language looks very uncomfortable around Bruce there.
    That's because she is uncomfortable around him, at first, since he has a reputation as a playboy and she's on her guard. But she soon warms up to him.

The thing is Bruce knows she's Wonder Woman (this is no longer a secret, the world knows Diana and Wonder Woman are one and the same), but she doesn't know he's Batman. So he's trying to protect her without revealing his true identity. And she in turn protects Bruce from some thugs that get the jump on him--he ends up in the hospital, but later leaves so he can become the Caped Crusader, taking Bruce Wayne's place and driving as Batman in the big race.

In the end Diana agrees to go on a dinner date with Bruce, if he'll pay her bail. Which I assume he does.

But my favourite of Diana's Dates was with Clark Kent/Superman in WORLD'S FINEST COMICS 204 (August 1971). They were set up by a computer dating service.

Cool cover, when I think of Superman and WW together I automatically think classic WW, I don't often think of mod-era teamups.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

LOL @ this thread devolved into being about what man to pair her with.
    Despite the great topic.
    Back on Topic
    What about her gal pal from that other Amazon ...
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-10-2019 at 04:58 AM.

BANNED

I still like the idea of Diana and M'Gann, drawing inspiration of the DCAU relationship between Diana and J'onn.

Miss Martian would have to be aged up a bit more--but she's already been aged a fair bit to fit the context of the older Titans team, who are in their 20s.

I like to call this pairing "The Soldiers of Victory" to distinguish from "The World's Finest" and "The Brave and the Bold."

I don't think it's interesting to recreate the World's Finest dynamic in terms of powers or personality, which is why this pairing appeals to me.

Barda or Vixen would be my second choices.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 09-10-2019 at 07:04 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    I still like the idea of Diana and M'Gann, drawing inspiration of the DCAU relationship between Diana and J'onn.

Miss Martian would have to be aged up a bit more--but she's already been aged a fair bit to fit the context of the older Titans team, who are in their 20s.

I like to call this pairing "The Soldiers of Victory" to distinguish from "The World's Finest" and "The Brave and the Bold."

I don't think it's interesting to recreate the World's Finest dynamic in terms of powers or personality, which is why this pairing appeals to me.

Barda or Vixen would be my second choices.
    Wonderwoman and Miss Martian seems more like a big sister/little sister relationship then pears. And Barda is to similar.