Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Artemis. Show more of the Amazons, other than plot devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    She's super fantastic, super awesome, a super reporter, a super cool role model, a super great love interest, a super fine lady. That's a lot of super.
    hmm touche, I can't necessarily argue but unfortunately she doesn't have the one super that counts for this thread
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    hmm touche, I can't necessarily argue but unfortunately she doesn't have the one super that counts for this thread
    'Tis true. And Shadowcat's choice of Artemis is also explicitly not allowed. I think I'm leaning more and more towards Zatanna or Vixen. Manhunter was mentioned, but I think she, like Black Canary, may bit too close to Superman/Batman in regards to the powers. At least, if I understand her correctly - I've never read anything focused on her, though I may have seen her cameo at some point.

Some great issues with Wonder Woman interacting with other superheroines:

The Brave and the Bold #33 "Ladies' Night": Zatanna and Diana take Babs out for a night of clubbing.

Wonder Woman #600 "Fuzzy Logic": Short cute story, teaming up with Power Girl.

Wonder Woman v3 #35 & 35: Great story, teaming up with Black Canary.

Wonder Woman v3 #40 & 41: Wonder Woman has to fight a mind-controlled Power Girl, with some great moments all around.

Aquaman v7 Annual #2: Teaming up Mera in the second story.

The current JLD run is also dominated by the duo of Zatanna and Diana, though Tynion digs into the friction between them in how they approach the supernatural.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    She's super fantastic, super awesome, a super reporter, a super cool role model, a super great love interest, a super fine lady. That's a lot of super.
    Lois is all those things, but also super-married to Superman.(wait, are they married right now? I lost track) Her first allegiance will always be Clark which makes Diana secondary to another member of the Trinity, which I think goes against the ultimate purpose of this thread.

Lois and Clark have also always had a kind of...complicated relationship concerning Diana's relationship with Clark, although I think that's completely died down after Jon was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Lois and Clark have also always had a kind of...complicated relationship concerning Diana's relationship with Clark, although I think that's completely died down after Jon was born.
    So then King shifted her as having that weirdness between Batman and Catwoman with that "year alone together" with Bruce or whatever that was. Yeah, WW needs to not be so tied to those dudes...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So then King shifted her as having that weirdness between Batman and Catwoman with that "year alone together" with Bruce or whatever that was. Yeah, WW needs to not be so tied to those dudes...
    Hold it right there! I like Diana being with Bruce, and I love the unspoken thing they have between them!

That's probably the best way I would describe Batman and Wonder Woman's weird romantic dynamic and I love that it exists. And call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure there's always been that 'weirdness' or 'unspoken thing' between them that writers have acknowledged, so I wouldn't call it shifting or new.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-09-2019 at 10:49 AM.

Spectacular Member

I liked the Diana/Jessica Cruz dynamic from the JL VS the Fatal Five animated movie, so I'll choose her.

Diana's BFFF&F (best friend forever first and foremost) should be Etta Candy (yes, I know she's not a metahuman), but they'd hav to do a lot of rebirthing and re-writing to make that happen. Etta and Steve should be two of the most important people in her life.

As far as superhero BFFs, in-story I'd believe Diana has great friendships with a great many superheroines and would work hard at creating a sisterhood amongst them and support them when asked and/or needed. Diana's personality should have a great fit with Black Canary, Donna Troy (at least a pre-DCnU version of Donna), Vixen, Mera, Zatanna, Hawkwoman, Star Sapphire, and a bunch of other characters.

In-story, I've never understood that Diana would stand for being the only woman in the Justice League. She'd never allow or not question that despite her regard for her guy teammates. (At least my favorite version of Wonder Woman wouldn't.)

I've often dreamt up a Wonder Woman and Black Canary title called World's Sensational to be juxtaposed to Superman and Batman's World's Finest, as a way to dig into their friendship and adversaries and how they might address calamities and their friendship differently than the guy with an S on his chest and the guy with a bat on his chest.

If the Trinity is going to continue to be a thing, I want to see more interaction between her and not only Bats and Supes, but also Lois and Selina. (And vice versa between Clark, Bruce, and Steve.) So much untapped potential in various degrees and combinations of those characters.

Past that, I'm shocked (not really) that we've never had a miniseries that has teamed up Wonder Woman, Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, ShazaMary, Supergirl, Power Girl, and Big Barda. It's a no-brainer to me.

That's probably the best way I would describe Batman and Wonder Woman's weird romantic dynamic and I love that it exists. And call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure there's always been that 'weirdness' or 'unspoken thing' between them that writers have acknowledged, so I wouldn't call it shifting or new.
    Okay, Crazy. No,really, I certainly don't agree it's always been there. It's completely absent in the older stuff I've read with them both. FTR, I do not like any sort of romantic angle with Diana and Bruce or Diana and Clark. Or Bruce and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Hold it right there! I like Diana being with Bruce, and I love the unspoken thing they have between them!

I like that she sees his emotional "truth" on some level underneath his Dark Knight demeanor, but I only ever remember Diana and Bruce being a will-they-or-won't-they? or an are-they-a-thing? thing until Burnett and Timm and others played around with it in the animated Justice League series. It sort of played well to those two versions of the characters in subtle ways - in their actions and demeanors at times. In some ways it was weird to see Diana go for the ultimate, emotionally-remote bad boy of the DCU.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Wonder Woman is too good for Bats and his daddy issues.

I've noticed me and you tend to have opposing views on a lot of topics (or at least a few) but this I wholeheartedly agree with you on.

Quote Originally Posted by GilGarciaJr View Post
    I liked the Diana/Jessica Cruz dynamic from the JL VS the Fatal Five animated movie, so I'll choose her.
    Jessica was one of my picks too, I haven't seen JL vs the Fatal Five but I like the idea of Diana and Jessica being friends. I feel Diana would appreciate the strong woman Jessica has become over the years, especially seeing where she began as Power Ring and struggling with her anxiety. my only issue is it feels like it would be too much like a big sister little sister vibe as opposed to an equal friendship; which is what I think this thread is going for. Give Jess a couple more years and I can see her being closer to Wonder Woman's level maturity-wise.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-09-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

There wasn't anything between Wonder Woman and Batman until the Justice League animated series.