Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

On the one hand:
    For a Superheroine bestie for Diana, Id rather see a version of the Helena Kosmatos FURY character adapted to occupy the best friend turned frenemy role that Barbara Minerva/Cheetah has been shoehorned into.
    Keeps the mythological connection and the “sought power but got it with harsh consequences” because of the bestial tinges of her “gift”....

If you’re going with Wonder Woman’s version of WORLDS FINEST, Huntress is an obvious choice. Added bonus that Diana is named for the Goddess of the Hunt. Also gotta love the Silver Age connection that had Classic Huntress as a backup feature in WW’s book!

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    On the one hand:
    For a Superheroine bestie for Diana, Id rather see a version of the Helena Kosmatos FURY character adapted to occupy the best friend turned frenemy role that Barbara Minerva/Cheetah has been shoehorned into.
    Keeps the mythological connection and the “sought power but got it with harsh consequences” because of the bestial tinges of her “gift”....

If you’re going with Wonder Woman’s version of WORLDS FINEST, Huntress is an obvious choice. Added bonus that Diana is named for the Goddess of the Hunt. Also gotta love the Silver Age connection that had Classic Huntress as a backup feature in WW’s book!

In recent times, have Helena and Diana interacted much? I like the name connection, but I feel like they’re on two different planes in the DCU.

I know tons of people here really votes for Mera, but now that we know Diana’s going to have her history changed to be old enough to be with the JSA, I think there’s an opportunity to have her be friends with someone from there, maybe?

Fire and Ice might be interesting.

You could do the Ego/Id/Superego dynamic with Diana and those two.

Two characters I've LOVED seeing Diana interact with are Carol Ferris and Mera. Mera is someone who can match WW almost as an equal in physical combat, and Carol is someone whose position in the Star Sapphire Corps makes for interesting interactions. mmmmm Wonder Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Two characters I've LOVED seeing Diana interact with are Carol Ferris and Mera. Mera is someone who can match WW almost as an equal in physical combat, and Carol is someone whose position in the Star Sapphire Corps makes for interesting interactions. mmmmm Wonder Lantern.
    Oh, I love the idea of her and Carol. It could let Diana have a stronger connection to the Star Sapphires and their mission vs. her mission of love. Plus, I’m a sucker for the story where she got her ring ‘cause of the WonderBat :P

Great idea!

Incredible Member

Batwoman. Mera / Aquawoman.

Or, as many others have suggested, a reformed villain to truly demonstrate Diana's love, trust and compassion.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

She wouldn't have a superheroine best friend because her best friend isn't a superhero. It's Etta Candy.

But I'd like to see her team up with the likes of Mera, Hawkwoman, Vixen or Black Canary more often and develop close friendships.

Spectacular Member

She wouldn't have a superheroine best friend because her best friend isn't a superhero. It's Etta Candy.
    So much this. Closely followed by Lois Lane. But i guess Mera is very close to Diana.

BANNED

Wonder Woman would work well in a trio with Vixen and Black Canary

Karaoke might be off the table though. . .

Zatanna.

Both from the different areas of the fantasy/magic portions of DC and has a unique power set that contrasts to Diana’s without trying to imitate the flying brick/street level hero dynamic of Superman/Batman.

I think a lot of these suggestions are great. Mera, Vixen, Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Zatanna. Star Sapphire would fascinate Diana, but I'm not sure they would get many chances to be together. It does sound like a great team tho.

I really like any time Wondy and Black Canary team up. But I would *REALLY* love to see more Diana/Vixen.

I miss Wondy having a bunch of Ladyfriends in Patriarch's world.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really like any time Wondy and Black Canary team up. But I would *REALLY* love to see more Diana/Vixen.
    OOHHH Diana and Vixen vs Giganta and Cheetah?

Zatanna. Black Canary. Vixen. Hawkgirl. Mera.