Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To more obviously parallel the World's Finest, although it would seem a bit derivative...

Extraordinary Member

Either Dinah (Black Canary) or Barbara (Batgirl)

Boisterously Confused

In a Pre-Crisis DCU, my answer is Powergirl, because she has so much to tell her about forging her own path.

In a Post-Crisis DCU (where Superman and Powergirl are not related), my answer would be Stargirl, for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Either Dinah (Black Canary) or Barbara (Batgirl)
    I'd shy away from Batgirl and Batwoman - both seem a bit too derivative, as mentioned above. And both are spin-off characters, which shouldn't matter, but could end up with them being regarded as junior partners (much more likely with Barbara current de-aged status). I'm kinda afraid the the derivativeness applies with Black Canary, even if she does have powers, but not as much - just because it's extreme super power paired with little. And if Dinah's the pre-Crisis version (well, pre-1983 version) who has been a hero almost as long as Diana has, there is a nice dynamic. Guess post-Crisis similar applies, since Diana was new to start. Now in the new version, I'm not sure on the timing. Diana has been around ten years, at least (I think that's what early Rebirth said, but am unsure if it's still true and there was weird half a century reference with Diana recently that makes no sense to me and I have no idea what means), but I'm unsure on Dinah.

I second Big Barda due to a similar warrior culture.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I second Big Barda due to a similar warrior culture.
    Similar? Apokolips and Themyscira? Like comparing apples to cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Similar? Apokolips and Themyscira? Like comparing apples to cars.
    Thank you for that.

Silver Swan (Vanessa) should be redeemed and become a hero and Diana's best friend.

If not her then either Mera or one of the Hawkwomen.

I think Mera and Diana would make a great duo, especially if they are both ambassadors at the time, which might make for some compelling storylines. Also, with Steve and Etta both in military and Diana in some way always close to them, why not Amanda Waller? On the other hand, I could also see her taking Jessica Cruz under her wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I think her and Mera would have much in common, both being outsiders from ancient and hidden civilizations, yet their powers are very different they would always find each other interesting, and challenging working together.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post

If not her then.. Mera ...

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think Mera and Diana would make a great duo, especially if they are both ambassadors at the time, which might make for some compelling storylines.

!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-07-2019 at 09:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

I'm liking the idea of Mera, in particular, but Big Barda, Vixen or Hawkwoman could be interesting, as well. (Pretty much in that order of preference, for me. I love me some Vixen, for instance, but I feel like Mera and Big Barda would be more interesting personality dynamics/clashes with Diana.)

Sort of a much-higher-powered 'Birds of Prey' group could even consist of three or more of them hanging out for a mission.

Unfortunately, there have to be two women on the League at the same time, for them to be able to talk, and that's not always a sure thing, since it's often a sausagefest of Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman and one or more of Cyborg/Martian Manhunter/Plastic Man/some creator's pet like Triumph in the revolving door seventh slot.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I think Mera and Diana would make a great duo, especially if they are both ambassadors at the time, which might make for some compelling storylines. Also, with Steve and Etta both in military and Diana in some way always close to them, why not Amanda Waller? On the other hand, I could also see her taking Jessica Cruz under her wing.
    I wish I'd thought of that.

I'd say Steve Trevor should be her best friend, but that doesn't really answer the question, so I choose Mera.

First, I think one has to forcibly elide every story by a male writer who thinks that there is no such as female friendship. So I'd primarily look to stories by Simone, possibly Rucka, Kelly Sue DeConnick, and similar writers for judging Wonder Woman's social relations in the superhero community.

I also think that Diana should make friends everywhere she goes. She is a champion of all three of Aphrodite, Artemis, and Hestia, after all.

I'd also agree that her closest friend in Man's World should be Etta. But she should have plenty of friends within the superhero community.

That said, I think Black Canary should be her closest confidante there, and the one she trusts the most. Maybe not the person she hangs out with in her spare time, but the one she goes to for sticky problems or advice. Dinah is probably the only superheroine that Diana feels like she isn't the big sister.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

I would love for DC to create a female JLA team.

Let Wonder Woman have female superhero friends. Vixen, Barda, Canary, Mera, Starfire...Zatanna would make a great team book.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.