Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love for DC to create a female JLA team.

Let Wonder Woman have female superhero friends. Vixen, Barda, Canary, Mera, Starfire...Zatanna would make a great team book.
    Snyder's Justice League kinda pitched the idea of "New Amazon" in the sixth dimension arc, with Vixen, Supergirl, and Poison Ivy. I'm not crazy about the choice of Supergirl (feels too, iunno, on the nose(?))and Ivy (let her and Harley be villainous lethal lesbians goddammit!), I prefer your roster.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Retired

Wonder Woman should have adventures with the Holliday Girls.

I don’t know who makes a good friend for
    Diana, I just know I enjoy those rare
    Stories when Diana does team up or
    Just chat with other females in the
    D C Universe like Batwoman or Lois Lane
    Or Zatanna.

Has Snyder written any significant scenes between Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl in the current series? Is there any sense what their dynamic is?

My first thought was and still is Black Canary. Superman and Batman have each other as "besties" as well as having their own respective "families" so I don't see a problem with Dinah having Wonder Woman as her bestie while people like Barbara are part of her "Birds family." (and Barbara is also already part of the Bat family, so plenty of heroes have multiple close relationships) And as others have said, Hal is famously best friends with Barry and Ollie as well.

I also like the contrast between them, similar to Superman/Batman in terms of powerset and worldview to challenge each other or complement one another. Depending on the continuity, they were long-time team members on the League and Dinah's been around long enough to not worship WW the way a lot of younger heroines might. Dinah is a woman who grew up in a world of men and established herself within a patriarchy which would be an interesting viewpoint for Diana to tap into. Dinah might even think Diana to be naive or that she's gotten it too easy, who knows? But I would find those kind of interactions compelling and leading to a real bond.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-07-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Snyder's Justice League kinda pitched the idea of "New Amazon" in the sixth dimension arc, with Vixen, Supergirl, and Poison Ivy. I'm not crazy about the choice of Supergirl (feels too, iunno, on the nose(?))and Ivy (let her and Harley be villainous lethal lesbians goddammit!), I prefer your roster.
    If there is one superhero who will grok Poison Ivy, it is Diana. Not only because of her empathetic powers, but because of her background. A lot of the great Poison Ivy stories make her into a Demeter figure, and understanding that Ivy has aspects of both the bountiful and the vengeful natural world is something that Diana should grok.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Wonder Woman should have adventures with the Holliday Girls.
    Kind of surprised they haven't brought that back in some form, goofy as it is.

Barda

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    If there is one superhero who will grok Poison Ivy, it is Diana. Not only because of her empathetic powers, but because of her background. A lot of the great Poison Ivy stories make her into a Demeter figure, and understanding that Ivy has aspects of both the bountiful and the vengeful natural world is something that Diana should grok.
    I'm not saying it couldn't work but my issue is more so that I prefer her and Harley Quinn as villains, or even anti-villains. you have two of your biggest female villains and they're queer and in love, I'd rather see then fight Wonder Woman than go out for tea. Christopher Priest's Deathstroke is a perfect example of keeping a anti-villain villainous without overblowing it and making them a full-on hero or "anti-hero"; often more hero than anti. I think if Diana should have a hero friend, or a team of New Amazons with other heroes, i would like it if we did it with characters that are straight up heroes.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-08-2019 at 09:53 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Eve Eden aka Nightshade.

Both are princesses of distant lands but Diana's people are still around while Eve's are dead. They've both worked with government agencies and have dealings with DC's magical and mystical corners. Their powers and costumes make for an interesting contrast (Diana wears bright colors and is a flying brick while Eve wears black, purple or dark blue and is an umbrakinetik).

Dinah doesn't sound like a bad choice but I prefer her being Barbara's best friend.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batwoman

World's Finest

Black Canary, Zatanna or Hawkgirl (JLU callback). Vixen might be cool but i don't know her well enough to say for sure.

I like Agent Z's Nightshade idea.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I also like the contrast between them, similar to Superman/Batman in terms of powerset and worldview to challenge each other or complement one another. Depending on the continuity, they were long-time team members on the League and Dinah's been around long enough to not worship WW the way a lot of younger heroines might. Dinah is a woman who grew up in a world of men and established herself within a patriarchy which would be an interesting viewpoint for Diana to tap into. Dinah might even think Diana to be naive or that she's gotten it too easy, who knows? But I would find those kind of interactions compelling and leading to a real bond.
    Agh! You've convinced me that Diana/Dinah could also be a great friendship pairing! Very cool.

Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Hawkwoman and Zatanna are the four women from the 'Satellite League' era, before Vixen, Big Barda, Fire, Ice, etc. made their League appearances, so it would be interesting to see if the four of them (or any combination of the four of them) have some sort of 'elder stateswoman' vibe from being more familiar with / comfortable with each other than some of the newer blood.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm not saying it couldn't work but my issue is more so that I prefer her and Harley Quinn as villains, or even anti-villains. you have two of your biggest female villains and they're queer and in love, I'd rather see then fight Wonder Woman than go out for tea. Christopher Priest's Deathstroke is a perfect example of keeping a villain villainous without overblowing it and making them a full-on hero or "anti-hero", often more hero than anti. I think if Diana should have a hero friend, or a new of New Amazons with other heroes, i would like it if we did it with characters that are straight up heroes.
    I feel it's inevitable that Harley is going to end up on a proper Justice League team (No Justice and JLvsSS doesn't count in my opinion) and when that day comes I will shed a tear for the DCU as a whole.

But yeah, if DC ever does another all-female hero team, I hope they don't have any villains on it, let alone Harley and Ivy.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would love for DC to create a female JLA team.

Let Wonder Woman have female superhero friends. Vixen, Barda, Canary, Mera, Starfire...Zatanna would make a great team book.
    Throw out Barda and Starfire for Jessica Cruz and Hawkgirl with Katana added in and you got yourself and amazing lineup
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Retired

Will no one spare a thought for Cathy Perkins?