Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I think the joke was everyone else using the Danger Room for self pleasure except the boy scout Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I honestly feel like Emma teaching ethics was supposed to be a joke.
    One time a professor was talking ethics and just said that it was a personal matter, like if I think it is ethic so it is ethic. shallow take I think LOL
    Sure the professor for the subject had other take

Mighty Member

Exhibit A of why Logan shouldn't teach

Also, the brochure for the school

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think Scott lost his virginity with Phoenix, not Jean.
    that probably is the first indication of a sexual encounter between them but is weird. They were very in love and stable for a long time before this, I personally don't think anybody would wait that much.

Having relationships with a cosmic force is not very romantic to me. That being said the last time this moment was mentioned was in phoenix resurrection were it was said this is supposed to be a very special moment to both. so while that was the phoenix, Jean got those memories and experiences

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Also, the brochure for the school

They actually did have that flag football game - in the pages of Avengers Academy just before it was cancelled. It turned out to be only one, since the Academy was destroyed during Infinity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So X-men is basically a comic book about super powered teachers? Kinda ruins it for me.

X-men have Teachers and Combat Instructors. Teachers aren't the only group of people you can learn stuff from for example in the military we have classes on weapon systems, combat tactics,First aid and variety of other things.Those things are teached to us by people who are trained to be subject matter expert in a field

X-men seem have two main goals teach mutants how to control their powers mainly for combat which is where the combat instructors come in and teach student life skills aka education with is where traditional teachers come in. Schism was ridiculous for many reasons but the big one X-men has always been a paramilitary organization with child soldiers that operate under the guise of school.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-07-2019 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyLookingSort View Post
    I think the joke was everyone else using the Danger Room for self pleasure except the boy scout Scott.
    And that Jean and Scott didn't lose it together lol

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    that probably is the first indication of a sexual encounter between them but is weird. They were very in love and stable for a long time before this, I personally don't think anybody would wait that much.

Having relationships with a cosmic force is not very romantic to me. That being said the last time this moment was mentioned was in phoenix resurrection were it was said this is supposed to be a very special moment to both. so while that was the phoenix, Jean got those memories and experiences
    Jean also has Maddie's memories on her wedding night with Scott. It's weird anyway.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This problem would be easily solved just by hiring human pro teachers. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    They don't often show the teachers actually teaching, since it's hardly the most exciting thing ever, but they do teach.
    I would love to see that more often, though. I find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    WatXM bonus material showed which courses were taught by whom.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I think she got her degree in library sciences at the beginning of the second New Mutants ongoing, but I don't have the issues handy.
    Mekanix:

Also:

One of the very few workers in X-Men. Atta girl.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    Wow, there is actually a Wikipedia listing this info:
    Great!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) - former drama teacher.[2]
    That's all? I've always kind of taken for granted that Kurt's got a wide education in Humanities, just because he seems a person who has interest in arts and social sciences, and his room is full of books. Also, he was the 'family doctor' of the team, since he's got first aid and basic medical knowledge.

Moira MacTaggert - Deceased; former housekeeper and lover of Charles Xavier; formerly in charge of the Muir Island Laboratory.
    WTF--?!? *cough* Nobel prizewinner *cough*

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why are Cyclops and Jean's answers different there? Shouldn't Jean and Scott have lost their virginity to each other, and therefore at the same location?
    I always assumed the joke was that Jean lost her virginity to Angel.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They actually did have that flag football game - in the pages of Avengers Academy just before it was cancelled. It turned out to be only one, since the Academy was destroyed during Infinity.
    I never realized how many classes Rachel was teaching.

Mighty Member

Who was the wise guy that thought Gambit teaching Sex Ed was a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Who was the wise guy that thought Gambit teaching Sex Ed was a good idea?
    Wolverine needed Gambit around and that was the only position avaliable. Logan's....not good in educational matters sadly
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona