Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Question Are the X-men actually teachers? Who teaches what subject?

I can believe Professor X, Jean, Beast, but Gambit and Wolverine no way. Also is it just high school or go to college level? Are they certified to give out diplomas or are the students just wasting their time earning their education?

I feel like there's a lot of issues and flags raised. Does not seem to be on the up and up. I feel like Professor X is probably committing some type of fraud or bribing people. There's no way it's legit.

Off the top of my head:

Dazzler teaches Music and related courses
    Husk teaches English
    Emma teaches both Ethics and most Telepathy related courses
    Bobby teaches Math
    Kitty teaches History
    Hank taught Science for a while.

They don't often show the teachers actually teaching, since it's hardly the most exciting thing ever, but they do teach.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    I can believe Professor X, Jean, Beast, but Gambit and Wolverine no way. Also is it just high school or go to college level? Are they certified to give out diplomas or are the students just wasting their time earning their education?
    Because there is nothing that Gambit and 137-year-old Wolverine can teach anyone right? Sigh. Jean Grey School for Higher Learning was college level. The concept of school has changed since the X-men has been around the X-men don't need a single teacher on staff, Everyone can just go to school online and get a degree from anyone online school. The school teaches practical survivor skill like military and how to control with powers with people like Cyclops, Wolverine, Gambit and traditional school skills with Hank, Emma or Xavier and for the classes sizes they have had you only need few accredited teachers for official test-taking purposes, A teachers aide/assistant don't need the same level of training.

Do people really think the best application of the Danger Room is fighting? They have a simulator that can create any combat scenario but they have no way teaching students?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-06-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Dazzler teaches Music and related courses
    Husk teaches English
    Emma teaches both Ethics and most Telepathy related courses
    Bobby teaches Math
    Kitty teaches History
    Hank taught Science for a while.

They don't often show the teachers actually teaching, since it's hardly the most exciting thing ever, but they do teach.
    Asked and answered. Also theres this:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDtG8j1XkAAq3xY.jpg:large

BANNED

WatXM bonus material showed which courses were taught by whom.

Emma teaches criminal justice.

Recall in the New Mutants/New X-Men stuff, there was throwaway comments about Dani Moonstar teaching a history class and Beast having a mass class.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

If we go by traditional teaching capability these 3 for sure:

Emma actually has a Masters or PhD in Education, PhD in Psychology, and BA minor in Business Administration so she can pretty much create a curriculum for a school system. Hence why Emma has been headmistress 3 times, Massachusetts Academy, Generation X, and Xavier School!

Obviously Hank has 6 PhD and can teach biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, etc...

Well Kitty's profile says she has a PhD in Astrophysics so she can definitely teach Physics and Mathematics!

Sage could easily teach computer science, but honestly I don't know if she has the personality to be a teacher.

There are probably some others that have degrees too.

BANNED

Iceman is an accountant.

BANNED

I have a vague memory of Colossus teaching an art class.

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Moonstar taught history. Emma Frost taught Ethics. Rachel Grey taught psychic defense. Karma, Cyclops, Magma and more taught combat. Wolverine taught martial Arts. Angel taught flight and North Star taught dying.

Wasn't Karma the librarian?

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Wasn't Karma the librarian?
    Was she? She was a full-time teacher like Northstar, but I only remember her as one of squad leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Was she? She was a full-time teacher like Northstar, but I only remember her as one of squad leaders.
    I think she got her degree in library sciences at the beginning of the second New Mutants ongoing, but I don't have the issues handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I think she got her degree in library sciences at the beginning of the second New Mutants ongoing, but I don't have the issues handy.
    That makes sense!!