Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by PoorStudent View Post
    So X-men is basically a comic book about super powered teachers? Kinda ruins it for me.
    I wouldn’t let it bother you. These “teachers” do even less actual teaching than Indiana Jones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

I love the idea of the X-men as part time teachers and part time mutant emergency and rescue crew. My favorite version of X-men is GM's New X-men and I think it worked great. It gives the X-men an occupation. They aren't just a group of anti-heroes living together taking money from Xavier or whoever. They have roles and jobs. I loved Xavier and Jean as administrators and Emma and Beast as teachers.

Even now on Krakoa who is going to take care of the young mutants who need an education? In House of X 1 we see Jean and Banshee leading the young mutants into the portal. I wonder if they had been caring for the students.

I do recall, even on this board the X-men as a literal school was controversial for some when it became a reality in the x-books. For me personally there is nothing like being in school or being on a college/university campus. The X-men should be something more than a dumpy superhero comic. They should be about high ideals, high sci-fi, and should never not be about evolution and always reflect the themes of oppression and what it is like to be a minority. I want to read about mutant culture and mutant sociology. I want the X-men to be responsible for the education of those who will be the future of mutants.

I also like that some of the X-men have formal education: Xavier, Beast, Iceman, Emma. We know Kitty and Jean have at least some college, and probably has a degree by now. Others like Forge have expertise knowledge (same with probably all the technopaths).
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 09-14-2019 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

Don't each of the O5 have a degree in something? College level, at least. Polaris also has something, though I can't for the life of me remember what. There's also Kitty and Karma, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Don't each of the O5 have a degree in something? College level, at least. Polaris also has something, though I can't for the life of me remember what. There's also Kitty and Karma, I think.
    Both Alex and Lorna have graduate degrees. I know they were doing some type of field work in an Claremont Uncanny X-men book when they were re-introduced. I read it recently, but I forget the number and the specific field they were in.. I think it was archeology?

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Logan might be a good teacher if he could remember anything worth teaching kids.

As for Gambit, what could he possibly teach them that won't get them arrested?
    Well, they're mutants. They're getting arrested regardless. (hashtag)WhileMutant
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Both Alex and Lorna have graduate degrees. ... I think it was archeology?
    Geology stuff-- geophysics.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier