Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's true that I haven't read the worse of persecution towards mutants but I read what has existed before that and it was much more nuanced than "racism": puzzlement, distrust, wonder, fear... The stories were richer, more varied.
    Isn't that the definition of racism??
    Not sure what stories you're referring to...remember any issues #s?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Isn't that the definition of racism??
    Not sure what stories you're referring to...remember any issues #s?
    I think racism is about what do you think about persons that are members of a group, in a negative way. At first, the mutants were just unusual, not in a norm, strange enough to cause all sort of emotions, yes, fear was often among them, as it is usual when facing something unknown, but it wasn't always the case: Nightcrawler had been chased by a mob while Storm was treated as a goddess…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I'm more in line with "mutants have literally conquered the entire planet three times 2011, how much longer are they going to play the underdog card?"
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I think racism is about what do you think about persons that are members of a group, in a negative way. At first, the mutants were just unusual, not in a norm, strange enough to cause all sort of emotions, yes, fear was often among them, as it is usual when facing something unknown, but it wasn't always the case: Nightcrawler had been chased by a mob while Storm was treated as a goddess…
    Ah racism isn't always "negative" believing that Jewish people are good with money...Blacks good at sports... Asians with math..etc etc
    GrindrStone(D)

Ah racism isn't always "negative" believing that Jewish people are good with money...Blacks good at sports... Asians with math..etc etc
    Isn't that prejudices? Racism is when you justify a hatred based on those prejudices…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

That's stereotyping.
    "Cable was right!"

Isn't that prejudices? Racism is when you justify a hatred based on those prejudices…
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's stereotyping.
    lol getting Kinda off tangent+ I'm honestly not qualified to discuss the def of racism.
    Buuuut preeetty sure racial prejudices and stereotypes are examples of racism.
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

lol getting Kinda off tangent+ I'm honestly not qualified to discuss the def of racism.
    Buuuut preeetty sure racial prejudices and stereotypes are examples of racism.
    Racism is always negative. It’s the belief in the inferiority or superiority of one race over another or actions and systems that put a race at an advantage or disadvantage as compared to others.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 10-31-2019 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    Racism is always negative. It’s the belief in the inferiority or superiority of one race over another or actions and systems that put a race at an advantage or disadvantage as compared to others.
    Yeah that's true....but racism isn't just that. Assuming all black people can dance or every Asian person knows Martial Arts or every latinx person speaks Spanish.. Or every white person craves cheese While none of those are inherently negative they're prejudices and stereotypes that are examples of casual racism.
    My bad if we're not on the same wavelength about what's being discussed...lol
    Last edited by BroHomo; 10-31-2019 at 06:24 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)