Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

King just confirmed the issue has sold out! https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...689647619?s=21

Since when did it become news when batman sells out. It's like water is wet. Batman has been selling out for decades now. in fact despite King's batman making more because of the twice monthly shipping he's lost like a solid % of readers from the days of Synder. Even us on this thread bashing it are still buying it so not really a reflection on quality.

I'm more impressed in Tom Taylor kicking the higher selling bat titles like BWL and stuff off the top with a title that doesn't boast that many heavy hitters. I guess we could say it's got Harley the queen of Gotham who is pretty close to Batman levels these days. Girl power.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    King just confirmed the issue has sold out! https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...689647619?s=21
    I highly suspect this is mainly because people wanted to know Alfred's fate. I could be wrong.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I highly suspect this is mainly because people wanted to know Alfred's fate. I could be wrong.
    Oh it could just be shippers. Never underestimate the fanatics. On twitter there's a guy who buy multiple issues of the ones featuring Batcat cos he's a huge fan and wants a few for keepies.

or it could just be because Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Oh it could just be shippers. Never underestimate the fanatics. On twitter there's a guy who buy multiple issues of the ones featuring Batcat cos he's a huge fan and wants a few for keepies.

or it could just be because Batman.
    You keep talking about these mythical shippers who are blind enough to support King purely to see BatCat. The large majority of people here who enjoy this run say no such things. Don’t try prescribe motivations to things you don’t understand.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

Since when did it become news when batman sells out. It's like water is wet. Batman has been selling out for decades now. in fact despite King's batman making more because of the twice monthly shipping he's lost like a solid % of readers from the days of Synder. Even us on this thread bashing it are still buying it so not really a reflection on quality.

I'm more impressed in Tom Taylor kicking the higher selling bat titles like BWL and stuff off the top with a title that doesn't boast that many heavy hitters. I guess we could say it's got Harley the queen of Gotham who is pretty close to Batman levels these days. Girl power.
    Selling out and going into second printing doesn’t happen with each Batman book, even during Snyder. Just curious, if you hate it, why are you still buying it? Like Catwoman is my favorite character, but I don’t like Jones’s ‘fast and furious’ type stories so I dropped it.

I'm not that big a fan either, but more often than not when people try and make excuses for a book selling well, they're just that, bad excuses. Its not because of hate-reading, its not because of a mass influx of "shippers", it just sells well because its Batman and there are plenty of people who DO like it.

I'm not trying to say that people can't criticize the book just because it sells or think its overrated or whatever. I'm on no pedestal, I feel that way and voice that for pretty much all of Rebirth. But outside of pointing out the natural surge of relaunches or something, if something sells well its more than likely just because people like it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Before issue #50 I was very much pro BatCat but now I could care less. King destroyed my interest in a pairing I was invested in literally for decades, good job Mr. King.

IMO, If Marvel wants to backburner Peter/MJ permanently (as they arguably tried to do during and post- OMD) they should hire King to write the next run of Amazing Spider-Man he'll do the trick.
    I never cared for BatCat, but now I really can't stand the two. I'm sure another writer will write Bruce and Selina like they're not insufferable morons and the sour taste will leave

After the latest issue of ASM, I think it's going in the complete opposite direction! How would King's Spider-Man book be?

"Spider...

...Cat"
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 09-11-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    You keep talking about these mythical shippers who are blind enough to support King purely to see BatCat. The large majority of people here who enjoy this run say no such things. Don’t try prescribe motivations to things you don’t understand.
    Well it's great that the Catwoman twitter is easy to locate and their conversations free and available for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Selling out and going into second printing doesn’t happen with each Batman book, even during Snyder. Just curious, if you hate it, why are you still buying it? Like Catwoman is my favorite character, but I don’t like Jones’s ‘fast and furious’ type stories so I dropped it.
    I never said I hate it just that it's arse and it's becoming worse as time goes on. I can't even take the piss out of it anymore.
    I liked King's run more when it 1st started and always had my popcorn at the ready for these forums and online reactions. And it never disappointed but recently even the troll in me is losing interest.
    I'm not a big fan of either Batman or catwoman but I enjoy the crackness of the relationship King is giving us. It was one of those so bad it's good type entertainment with the added bonus of making the forums fire.

So I don't hate it. I don't like but I can afford to still pick it up because unlike a lot of DC titles I was forced to drop cos they were bad this one is rip-worthy.

I bought this for the art...as I have with much of this title for the last year. Although I bowed out about 6 months ago and came back for Alfreds death and this issue being drawn by Clay Mann. I was quickly reminded why I don't buy this title. The dialogue is so pretentious and devoid of the characters actual voice. I think is a talented writer, but hes completely wrong on established characters like this. He writes them as he would likely write himself, nobody sounds right, and storytelling as compressed as this is absolutely insane considering what we're paying.

Well it's great that the Catwoman twitter is easy to locate and their conversations free and available for everyone.
    It is evident from many of your posts that you ascribe too much power and influence to vocal minorities online such as shippers and specific fan sects.

I absolutely guarantee that the YA women “shipping” Batman and Catwoman on Twitter and Tumblr represent a very tiny portion of the book’s 80-100K copies sold. That’s not who the Batman title is made for.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It is evident from many of your posts that you ascribe too much power and influence to vocal minorities online such as shippers and specific fan sects.

I absolutely guarantee that the YA women “shipping” Batman and Catwoman on Twitter and Tumblr represent a very tiny portion of the book’s 80-100K copies sold. That’s not who the Batman title is made for.
    Out of curiosity, how can you guarantee that? Until recently, the numbers have been declining so I’m not sure what your ascribing these improved numbers to if not shippers and people jumping on to try and find out about Alfred. Also variant covers help boost numbers too. How do you know they are a vocal minority? What are you basing this on, your gut feeling?

Are you going to pretend you don’t know the main demographic who reads comics that are titled “Batman?”

On an aside, I thought the dialogue flowed rather well this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    IDK why this line made me think of Jon too. Hasn't been a kind year for the Super Sons.
    Yeah but i think the key difference between them was Jor-El wasn't crazy on purpose like Thomas if I remember he was brainwashed and once free he tried to undo the damage. Thomas is genuinely crazy!