Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldoaad View Post
    I heard the same rumor
    and I concur, I am Suicide is definitely the real start to his run but dont think that this means he didnt had a plan to use Duke later because he does appear in I am Bane briefly, and the funny thing about it is that he appears to tell the other Robins to not face Bane and obey Batman
    AND THEN NOTHING
    usually this kind of position would be to make him go save the robins later, but he doesnt, Cat saves them.

Its a very weird thing
    To be fair, that's not exactly what happened. After Bruce saves the Robins, Duke shows back up with Gordon to try and help, but they get captured by Bane's henchmen, only to be saved by Selina right afterwards. But I don't think it necessarily means he had any concrete important plans for him when his run really got going. There very well could have been major plans editorial wise for him, but like you said things got changed or scrapped, and King used him sparingly enough that it didn't feel super jarring that he didn't show up that much later on if he was initially important.

Incredible Member

I just read some really bad quotes from Dan Dideo about them not being interested in a married Batman, because a happy Batman is the end of Batman. And yes, this is a NEW interview.

So...that seems to bode horribly for whatever ending King has planned just being totally disregarded altogether and maybe that is the true reason they wanted it in a different book. I always said that making a Batman/Catwoman series to finish his story makes it REALLY easy to just ignore whatever happens in it as being essentially non-canon (even though King said it was). Despite his reassurances at the time, these kinds of quotes from higher-ups almost feel like a nail in the coffin to me.

And like DC would never have allowed a wedding to happen no matter what. So I'm back to not having a clue what King's supposed "change" is that he had to get permission for. Unless...they said yes and have now changed their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    I just read some really bad quotes from Dan Dideo about them not being interested in a married Batman, because a happy Batman is the end of Batman. And yes, this is a NEW interview.

So...that seems to bode horribly for whatever ending King has planned just being totally disregarded altogether and maybe that is the true reason they wanted it in a different book. I always said that making a Batman/Catwoman series to finish his story makes it REALLY easy to just ignore whatever happens in it as being essentially non-canon (even though King said it was). Despite his reassurances at the time, these kinds of quotes from higher-ups almost feel like a nail in the coffin to me.

And like DC would never have allowed a wedding to happen no matter what. So I'm back to not having a clue what King's supposed "change" is that he had to get permission for. Unless...they said yes and have now changed their minds.
    Wasn't he fired from the book or let go or whatever people want to call it? Everyone was speculating it was because he wanted to make some changes to Batman that no one higher up liked. Whether it was a married Bruce or not, I don't think it's gonna come into full fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Wasn't he fired from the book or let go or whatever people want to call it? Everyone was speculating it was because he wanted to make some changes to Batman that no one higher up liked. Whether it was a married Bruce or not, I don't think it's gonna come into full fruition.
    Nope, inaccurate. Catch up.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    His run was cut short. Sounds to me like he was.

What proof do you have that it is innacurate ?

Because there is nothing in "his workload has increased so he need to move away from Batman" when he'll be on another monthly title and a mini-series, something which is less than the current workload where he managed to do all that while bi-monthly. All while announcing that the Batman title will go back to monthly in January.

I still rest my case that his supposedly "big changes approved" interview was a power-play from King which backfired badly for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

Because there is nothing in "his workload has increased so he need to move away from Batman" when he'll be on another monthly title and a mini-series, something which is less than the current workload where he managed to do all that while bi-monthly. All while announcing that the Batman title will go back to monthly in January.

I still rest my case that his supposedly "big changes approved" interview was a power-play from King which backfired badly for him.
    The only thing I can think of is working on a movie script. And even then, he's co-writing I believe.

His run was cut short. Sounds to me like he was.
    He got hired to write the New Gods movie, and he didn't have time to write that and a twice-monthly book (plus his other projects that are happening next year), so he changed his final 15 issues to just 12 monthly. And they gave him Bat/Cat because supposedly the main book will be used to set up a "big Batman story for 2021". (Also according to them it gives them a way of having a double shipped Batman book without technically being double shipped, since they're making all their books monthly again next year)

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post

There were many reasons King was moved to a side book. DC is moving all books back to monthly but they want that twice-a-month Batcash. Obviously spinning King off will have more momentum than another random Batman book.

Batman and many other titles will be gearing towards DC’s next big event.

King’s workload with the New God’s movie. Yes he has another monthly, but that has been in the works for a year, before he committed to the movie.

Verification from King, Gerads, and DC that things are still according to plan.

Etc, etc.

Versus the initial framing by BC, which they have gotten wrong before. Look no further than their coverage of the Giant line.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    He got hired to write the New Gods movie, and he didn't have time to write that and a twice-monthly book (plus his other projects that are happening next year), so he changed his final 15 issues to just 12 monthly. And they gave him Bat/Cat because supposedly the main book will be used to set up a "big Batman story for 2021". (Also according to them it gives them a way of having a double shipped Batman book without technically being double shipped, since they're making all their books monthly again next year)
    I still don't think it's as smooth as that. Just my opinion.

There were many reasons King was moved to a side book. DC is moving all books back to monthly but they want that twice-a-month Batcash. Obviously spinning King off will have more momentum than another random Batman book.

Batman and many other titles will be gearing towards DC’s next big event.

King’s workload with the New God’s movie. Yes he has another monthly, but that has been in the works for a year, before he committed to the movie.

Verification from King, Gerads, and DC that things are still according to plan.

Etc, etc.

Versus the initial framing by BC, which they have gotten wrong before. Look no further than their coverage of the Giant line.
    Those are the worst and most biased citations you could have given, but thanks anyway, I guess.

Those are the worst and most biased citations you could have given, but thanks anyway, I guess.
    As opposed to no citation. Gotcha

As opposed to no citation. Gotcha
    Uh, actually, yeah. I'd be more comfortable with whatever you said if you said it was just speculation rather than parading it as truth from the company and people that aren't gonna wear the truth on their sleeves, lol.

Uh, actually, yeah. I'd be more comfortable with whatever you said if you said it was just speculation rather than parading it as truth from the company and people that aren't gonna wear the truth on their sleeves, lol.
    And solid reasoning behind the decision. King still says he’s going to “change the character.” So shifting him off the title was’t for that.

And is King changing titles any more a firing than Morrison switching books from Batman to Batman and Robin to Batman Inc.?

But yup, some nameless people online hope he was fired, so that’s equally plausible.

And solid reasoning behind the decision. King still says he’s going to “change the character.” So shifting him off the title was’t for that.

And is King changing titles any more a firing than Morrison switching books from Batman to Batman and Robin to Batman Inc.?

But yup, some nameless people online hope he was fired, so that’s equally plausible.
    Well I disagree and you can disagree with me, but I'm not going to take yours as truth. It's just speculative as mine.

Well I disagree and you can disagree with me, but I'm not going to take yours as truth. It's just speculative as mine.
    It really isn’t. You can be skeptical and speculate, but I will take the provided and logical explanation. Which is not speculation. Like definitionally.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 09-13-2019 at 11:33 AM.