Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I agree with all of this
    I just wish that they'd call each other by their real names
    well..Selina did that twice in the last issue, but Bruce didn't do it at all
    Yeah I do find the "Bat" and "Cat" thing super silly. Just call each other Bruce and Selina unless someone is listening, seriously! Or just say Batman and Catwoman!

I guess every couple has their dumb names for each other so why should Bruce and Selina be any different, this when they are talking to each other at super hero gatherings they can make everyone cringe with how cutesy they are being. Even Superman will be giving them the side eye at Justice League meetings.

I still love them together, and my romantic heart just wants to see them together for a while!

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Maybe I'll read another King book after this if he has Bane break Selina' back.
    That's not going to happen.
    I guess that you'll won't be reading another King book ever again.
    Honestly, i have to ask and to take up a previous post I made, why are all the people who are hating this series still reading it up to this point? All I see here are people saying they hate it and yet how much is anyone willing to bet they will still read the next issue despite the level of hatred? I mean i am 50/50 on King and some i like and some i don't like so i find myself still reading along because of that. But the people who are 100% haters of the book just confound me, i shouldn't care but its like watching a car wreck, i can't ignore this because a part of me wants to know why do they still read this (note i said read, not re read.) and thus their hatred grows even though they are willingly reading it.

I can't speak for anyone else but when i hate a book i drop it.
    Before Bendis came along i read Superman, now i don't.
    I no longer read Aquaman because I didn't like the direction they took with Mera and Arthur.
    I haven't found anything relevant to Flash after they screwed Wally over.

So reading all these comments about how much they hate the book and yet taking note that it's people who in previous threads of previous issues say they hate it yet also prove that they are still reading it is quite frankly mindboggling and i can't help but wonder why do you do something you obviously hate? What is the takeway they are looking for?

I'm not expecting a clear cut answer because I doubt there is one but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Honestly, i have to ask and to take up a previous post I made, why are all the people who are hating this series still reading it up to this point? All I see here are people saying they hate it and yet how much is anyone willing to bet they will still read the next issue despite the level of hatred? I mean i am 50/50 on King and some i like and some i don't like so i find myself still reading along because of that. But the people who are 100% haters of the book just confound me, i shouldn't care but its like watching a car wreck, i can't ignore this because a part of me wants to know why do they still read this (note i said read, not re read.) and thus their hatred grows even though they are willingly reading it.

I no longer read Aquaman because I didn't like the direction they took with Mera and Arthur.

So reading all these comments about how much they hate the book and yet taking note that it's people who in previous threads of previous issues say they hate it yet also prove that they are still reading it is quite frankly mindboggling and i can't help but wonder why do you do something you obviously hate? What is the takeway they are looking for?

Because I like the character and I want to see what happens next or see what's the damage done. It's just a book to me, so who cares if I don't like it? I still follow through with it.

Because it has a certain form of fun to watch a writer purposefully crash and burn everything great about Batman, leaving us with the disgusting and pathetic mess that King's run as devolved into. And because I want to see the end of the story in the main title. His pathetic spin-off meant for Bat/Cat shippers, I won't even bother reading on pirating site, however.

I just hope that it'll sold far lower than The Batman Who Laughs did, so it'll finally settle once and for all that King is not fit for the Batman title.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just hope that it'll sold far lower than The Batman Who Laughs did, so it'll finally settle once and for all that King is not fit for the Batman title.
    Batman Who Laughs was a top 10 selling book every month, most times top 5 selling. Using it as a barometer for low sales isn't exactly a good analogy.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

The continuing to read it point

I've said before a lot of comic fans are often loyal to a fault, they are fans of character more than creator and will still read stuff they don't enjoy so much because they care so much for the character and also to complete a run numbering

In all honesty if that ever changed marvel and DC would be in real trouble imo as I think purchase numbers would fall dramatically if things were only bought for pure enjoyment

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

I've said before a lot of comic fans are often loyal to a fault, they are fans of character more than creator and will still read stuff they don't enjoy so much because they care so much for the character and also to complete a run numbering

In all honesty if that ever changed marvel and DC would be in real trouble imo as I think purchase numbers would fall dramatically if things were only bought for pure enjoyment
    This, and also the hope that if you stick with and support the book, things will eventually get better.

I used to think in these terms, and then Devin Grayson took over Nightwing...

Mosameen

I don't like King's run even though I'm a BatCat fan and I don't want them together unless we get a timescape where everything is settled not the always their on off relationship

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    This, and also the hope that if you stick with and support the book, things will eventually get better.

I used to think in these terms, and then Devin Grayson took over Nightwing...
    Ultimately Aaron's run on Thor has put me off the character for the foreseeable, clearly some have liked it but his Thor and Asgard mythos, and the retcons he had introduced are not for me, his is also the first avengers book I've removed from my pull

And I'll never buy a tom king book again

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Because I like the character and I want to see what happens next or see what's the damage done. It's just a book to me, so who cares if I don't like it? I still follow through with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Because it has a certain form of fun to watch a writer purposefully crash and burn everything great about Batman, leaving us with the disgusting and pathetic mess that King's run as devolved into. And because I want to see the end of the story in the main title. His pathetic spin-off meant for Bat/Cat shippers, I won't even bother reading on pirating site, however.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post

This is such a weird excuse and doesn't make sense because we are talking about Batman here. He has multiple books coming out every month for you to pick whatever you like.

You care about Batman? Well, I care about Red Hood and I have only one choice. Still, I dropped the book without hesitation when I stopped enjoying it and don't go around talking smack about the writer like he personally offended me by writing a fictional character in a way that I don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    This is such a weird excuse and doesn't make sense because we are talking about Batman here. He has multiple books coming out every month for you to pick whatever you like.

You care about Batman? Well, I care about Red Hood and I have only one choice. Still, I dropped the book without hesitation when I stopped enjoying it and don't go around talking smack about the writer like he personally offended me by writing a fictional character in a way that I don't like.
    It's really not, but okay. There are main books and there are satellite books. I want to read the main book. Never said anything ill about Tom King either, his writing, sure, but I don't really insult the person. Sooooo you're kinda making scenarios up in your head to be upset about.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post

All of this. Even if I were to drop the one and only regular Batman book I'm picking up, he's still appearing in at least five other books that I'm picking up: Event Leviathan, Doomsday Clock, Batman - White Knight, Batman - Universe, and Batman - Last Knight on Earth.

For the foreseeable future, there will never, ever be a shortage of Batman books for people to choose from. So there's literally no reason in the least to choose to spend your money on one you don't like.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I agree with all of this
    I just wish that they'd call each other by their real names
    well..Selina did that twice in the last issue, but Bruce didn't do it at all
    Isn't calling each other by their animal names a Spider-Man/Black Cat thing?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Isn't calling each other by their animal names a Spider-Man/Black Cat thing?
    but they are regularly calling each other by their animal names outside of their costumes too
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

BANNED

This issue was as boring as anything I've ever read. Plus I really cant stand the referring to each other as "bat" and "cat" nonsense.