Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw Catwoman in LEX LUTHOR side along with many villains..

Then.. She accepted Lex offer..

I think that they destroyed the BatxCat completely without King help..
    You can do evil things for the right reasons. I dont think characters should all be morally black and white. Real life isn't like that and comics shouldn't be either!

Bad characters can do good and good characters do bad if it serves their motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    You can do evil things for the right reasons. I dont think characters should all be morally black and white. Real life isn't like that and comics shouldn't be either!.
    I am only saying that this can be used to ruin their relationship even more..

BANNED

It’s pretty clear that Editorial is sabotaging the batcat reunion. But given all the corporate turmoil that’s happening above their level (Forbes article about DC’s fate a few weeks ago and Elliott Mgt news today re AT&T), King may have the last laugh.

Anyway, am looking forward to Batcat 78. Previews look really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    It’s pretty clear that Editorial is sabotaging the batcat reunion. But given all the corporate turmoil that’s happening above their level (Forbes article about DC’s fate a few weeks ago and Elliott Mgt news today re AT&T), King may have the last laugh.

Anyway, am looking forward to Batcat 78. Previews look really awesome.
    It's not editorial who made the pairing so toxic. That's all on King. Those are his choices who turned me off totally from the two together, to the point that I hope that it'll never become a thing and that the next Batman writer will not have them together at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    It's not editorial who made the pairing so toxic. That's all on King. Those are his choices who turned me off totally from the two together, to the point that I hope that it'll never become a thing and that the next Batman writer will not have them together at all.
    Fortunately, the world does not revolve around you or the handful of people on this website. Mind you, that may or may not be King’s intent. Would not put it past anyone in this company. We shall see. In any case, the writing is on the wall.
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 09-09-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Incredible Member

100% this.

I agree 100%

BANNED

Well, considering I can see the sabotage, I’m not going to be stupidly manipulated to hating them. BATCAT4EVA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I agree 100%
    As do I, sadly.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Outside of select stories like Hush, etc., I've never fully bought into Bat/Cat because it always just seemed like a sexual attraction/thrill between them rather than any deeper desire feelings.

It wasn't UNTIL King and his work (Rooftops, Annual 2, Superfriends, Knightmares: Cat, etc) where I felt they finally showed why exactly they like each other beyond the flirtations and a good sense at how they really feel about each other and how they bring the best out of each other.

So yeah, I'm all ready for this two-parter, I'm ready for some emotions. My only personal hang-up is I hope the true reconciliation isn't so immediate, after everything's that's happened, they really need some kind of reflection period to go over what this all means for them, I think that would be the most effective.

Incredible Member

100%. King has made this a very toxic relationship. 78 doesn't change that at all. It also continues to highlight that there is a good chance King has NEVER held an actual conversation with another human being. His dialogue is the absolute worst.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Outside of select stories like Hush, etc., I've never fully bought into Bat/Cat because it always just seemed like a sexual attraction/thrill between them rather than any deeper desire feelings.

It wasn't UNTIL King and his work (Rooftops, Annual 2, Superfriends, Knightmares: Cat, etc) where I felt they finally showed why exactly they like each other beyond the flirtations and a good sense at how they really feel about each other and how they bring the best out of each other.

So yeah, I'm all ready for this two-parter, I'm ready for some emotions. My only personal hang-up is I hope the true reconciliation isn't so immediate, after everything's that's happened, they really need some kind of reflection period to go over what this all means for them, I think that would be the most effective.
    Agreed. I want to see the Tom King batcat of 2017. They do have a lot to sort through (like Selina needs to tell him about that dress) and I’m interested to see whether he can pull this off like Batman Annual 2

I agree with you. If that is the future of Batman than no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

I would recommend reading Ed Brubaker's Catwoman, Hush, and Paul Dini's Heart of Hush and Gotham City Sirens for exploration of Batman and Catwoman's relationship that goes beyond the physical.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsnopotatoes View Post
    Agreed. I want to see the Tom King batcat of 2017. They do have a lot to sort through (like Selina needs to tell him about that dress) and I’m interested to see whether he can pull this off like Batman Annual 2
    Yeah, I really liked that period because we got to see how they would interact as a couple for an extended length of time. No games, no teases, just one fully understanding relationship; it's a side we haven't really seen in the books in a long while and it was fun and enjoyable to go through. That's what's really exciting about Bat/Cat 2020 to me, getting that repertoire back in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would recommend reading Ed Brubaker's Catwoman, Hush, and Paul Dini's Heart of Hush and Gotham City Sirens for exploration of Batman and Catwoman's relationship that goes beyond the physical.
    I have read Hush, Heart Of Hush, Gotham City Sirens, I agree those are the best examples previously of portraying their relationship. Haven't read Brubaker's Catwoman so might check that out.