Default MCU Power Pack rumored to be in development for Disney+

https://www.cbr.com/report-marvel-po...k-show-disney/

A series based on Marvel's Power Pack is reportedly in development for Disney+.

After teasing confirmation of a rumored project earlier in the day, Daniel Richtman -- who has previously been correct about unannounced projects from various studios -- wrote on Twitter, "Welp looks like not today after all but I'll tell u what it is - Power Pack show for Disney+." At this time this is unconfirmed, and should thus be taken with a grain of salt until such time as Marvel Studios or Disney officially announces the project.

Created by Louise Simonson and June Brigman, the titular team first appeared in 1984's Power Pack #1. The group is made up of Alex Power/Zero-G, Julie Power/Lightspeed, Jack Power/Mass Master and Katie Power/Energizer. They've been occasionally joined by Franklin Richards, son of Reed Richards/Mister Fantastic and Sue Storm/Invisible Woman. It's unclear how the series might relate to the Fantastic Four, who are set to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

If true, Power Pack would be one of many shows based on Marvel characters coming to Disney+ in the future. Those other series include Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Soldier and several more. Although how much is known about those shows varies, there's a lot of indication they'll connect to the films much more explicitly than Netflix's Marvel TV series did, with WandaVision said to be leading into Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.
    Here's the tweet: https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...73533478854658

Note this guy has been right about many things in the past, and it's been said multiple times that Power Pack is something they're interested in.

It'll be interesting, and I wonder how they'll do it. They might run in the same issue as Harry Potter, as kids grow up fast, unlike in comic books. I also hope the X-Men join the MCU sooner even more now, as I'd love to see the Power Pack take part in crossovers with them like in the comics (such as their part in Mutant Massacre). Their close relationship with the X-Men was always cool.

I also wonder how they'll do it. Mainly because Power Pack is a book starring kids, but is not a kids book. It's straight superhero action that was played just as seriously as the X-Men, Spider-Man, Daredevil and the like, and covered themes like bullying, guns in school, genocide, and child abuse, and they fought legitimate supervillains that were dangerous. I mean, just look at the damn pic above. It's telling that the majority of the Power Pack's fanbase does NOT consist of kids, but rather adults who appreciate the mature storytelling. I hope it doesn't get watered down into a dumb kids' show, but I trust Feige will get it right.

Oh, and unicorn aliens is a meme waiting to happen.

What do you think?

They're been rumors of the Power Pack for years, and I think rumors like this don't stick around this long without *something* being behind them. I also think Disney+ is a great format for the IP so it'd make sense.

I think it's believable. Marvel has used a lot of IP's no one would've expected them to pull out. I mean, did anyone expect them to do GotG, Ant-Man, or Shang Chi?

Now, as for whether it's a straight up kids' show or not.....hard to say? The MCU is already kid friendly but maybe Marvel wants to use the Pack as a way to bring in even younger viewers (my six year old daughter is still freaked out by certain scenes in the MCU, for example). I'm not sure if that's really necessary; there's cartoons and stuff for kids that small and they'll end up watching the MCU films when they get a little older anyway, but you can't ignore the merchandising power of small children either so.....I could see the Pack being a G rated kids' show, but I can also see it being in the same PG-13 mold as the rest of the MCU too.

Either way I think it'll be a win for the Studio; using the Pack to address things like school shootings and bullying just seems like a no-brainer, yknow? And I think they could probably craft a G-rated show without pulling all the teeth from the story as well. Looking at some of the Disney cartoons like Moana and Frozen, they're able to slip in some more adult commentary and concepts without alienating their audience.

If this happens, I trust Fiege and co. do make it work. It might not be what comic fans want, but we're such a small fraction of the audience it won't matter if the MCU Power Pack is more "Pixar" than "Endgame" and it'll most likely be well done regardless.

But....yeah, using the Pack as the introduction to the MCU for very young kids......there's likely a good amount of business sense in that.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Not a huge fan only really read the comics where bigger characters I liked were in it. But Dinsey + gonna be brimming with content. We got all the confirmed shows plus rumors like IronHeart, Rocket and Groot and Power pack.

Power Pack could be Disney's Harry Potter franchise if managed properly. Prose books, as well as various spinoff merchandise.
    As far as a TV show, that would seem to be the best format, since with theatrical films, the time gap in filming is the obvious hangup in dealing with the respective ages of the children who are cast, unless scheduling is set up to have, say, three films done back to back or concurrently. (Which, in some respects, presents some challenges in terms of being mindful of the legal rules concerning children on film and TV sets).

If a show is done, the filmmakers should go as close to the "original" ages of the children as opposed to pre-aging them-- let's say, making everyone in the 7th-9th grade, or at best, only having one child (Katie) be Kindergarten-age while everyone else gets to be upper-middle-school aged.

The show's original arcs had a fantasy/general sci-fi aspect, that didn't shy away from depicting danger, but was not "dark fan-service", either. Keep in mind that the kids didn't live in NYC in the first story arcs. They were somewhere in the Pacific Northwest originally. Their dad knew Reed Richards professionally, and that was the extent of their connection to the greater MU, initially.

We'll see how it happens, if anything happens at all.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 09-08-2019 at 12:07 PM.

Honestly animation would have been preferred. Easier to go wild and not worry about them aging up fast.

Seems like there's a new Power Pack rumor every year...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Seems like there's a new Power Pack rumor every year...
    There a new Marvel rumor almost everyday. RDJ in talk to come back for a Ironheart show was the big one the last couple days. Ehh you got Youtubees reporting random posts on Reddit as if they're facts and then other people pick it up and run with it.

Power Pack is a group that was the soul of Marvel, much like Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man.

Power Pack will be huge once they finally pull the trigger.

Can't believe they haven't yet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Power Pack is a group that was the soul of Marvel, much like Fantastic Four, X-Men, and Spider-Man.

Power Pack will be huge once they finally pull the trigger.

Can't believe they haven't yet.
    I wonder if they waited until they had the Fox properties. Franklin is somewhat a part of the group.

My big hope is that the Power Pack aren't always going on about they want to be Avengers, like Spidey did. They always had much closer ties to the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and with this likely releasing either very close to, or in, Phase 5 where they'll debut, I'd like see crossovers with them over Avengers-related stuff.

I also wonder how they'll manage the whole connected universe. I don't believe any of Loeb's "It's all connected" crap was anything more than marketing, but Feige really means it. The shows are actually canon, integrated into the Phases, and play off the movies and vice versa (such as WandaVision leading to Doctor Strange 2, or Kate becoming the new Hawkeye in later works). It's confirmed Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight will appear in the movies, so I can assume Power Pack will as well.

And finally, please don't just be a kids show. Be like the comics, which took itself as seriously as the others and was so much better for it. The MCU isn't what I call "kid-friendly", as much as it is for general audiences (it still has mature themes, raunchy jokes, violence, swearing, and other such things kids might not understand). Please let Power Pack be PG-13.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    My big hope is that the Power Pack aren't always going on about they want to be Avengers, like Spidey did. They always had much closer ties to the Fantastic Four and X-Men, and with this likely releasing either very close to, or in, Phase 5 where they'll debut, I'd like see crossovers with them over Avengers-related stuff.

I also wonder how they'll manage the whole connected universe. I don't believe any of Loeb's "It's all connected" crap was anything more than marketing, but Feige really means it. The shows are actually canon, integrated into the Phases, and play off the movies and vice versa (such as WandaVision leading to Doctor Strange 2, or Kate becoming the new Hawkeye in later works). It's confirmed Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight will appear in the movies, so I can assume Power Pack will as well.

And finally, please don't just be a kids show. Be like the comics, which took itself as seriously as the others and was so much better for it. The MCU isn't what I call "kid-friendly", as much as it is for general audiences (it still has mature themes, raunchy jokes, violence, swearing, and other such things kids might not understand). Please let Power Pack be PG-13.
    While I certainly do believe that Power Pack doesn't need to be a kids show, if there was any MCU franchise which could be a kids show it would be that one. So if they wanted at least one all ages MCU franchise, this would be it I would think.

That's what worries me. Again, MCU can be enjoyed by kids but it's still a "general audience" franchise that reaches audiences of any age level. I feel like Power Pack can do that just the same, just like the source material. It could be like the Stranger Things of the franchise, just replace horror with superheroes. In general, I hate the feeling of any product getting dumbed down.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    While I certainly do believe that Power Pack doesn't need to be a kids show, if there was any MCU franchise which could be a kids show it would be that one. So if they wanted at least one all ages MCU franchise, this would be it I would think.
    I'm with you. And the Pack, if they *did* turn it into a kids' show, well, it *would* make for a great "in" to the MCU for young viewers. There's logic to making it a kids' show instead of an all-ages one. I'll be more than fine if they don't do that, but I wont be surprised if they do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.