View Poll Results: What was the best X-Men miniseries?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wolverine (1982)

19 27.94%
  • Magik (1983)

24 35.29%
  • Iceman (1983)

2 2.94%
  • Kitty Pryde and Wolverine (1984-1985)

6 8.82%
  • Nightcrawler (1985)

2 2.94%
  • Longshot (1985)

1 1.47%
  • X-Men vs. Avengers (1987)

4 5.88%
  • Fantastic Four vs. the X-Men (1987)

5 7.35%
  • Fallen Angels (1987)

2 2.94%
  • Havok and Wolverine: Meltdown (1988)

2 2.94%
  • X-Terminators (1988)

1 1.47%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best miniseries of the '80s?

Just wondering what X-Men miniseries of the '80s was the best, and why?

Extraordinary Member

Magik: Storm and Illyana is the best origin story in comics in my opinion. Kitty Pryde and Wolverine is a strong runner up.

All-New Member

Wolverine (1982)

I voted Magik, but I also liked Kitty Pryde and Wolverine because it gave Kitty some more character and forever linked her to Samurai and Ninja cultural concepts.

Wolverine of course.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

It's just not fair that this poll hasn't got multiple choices

If you ask what was the best 80's miniseries, I must say 'Magik', because I think Claremont had one of his very peaks there, in framework, character development, words, message, thrill & emotion, creativity, depth and aftermath.

But I obviously also think that 'Longshot' is a real unique piece of work, despite all of its many flaws, because of its great freshness, originality, courage and weirdness. I don't need to say it's my favourite.

Very good, too:

- Wolverine
    - Kitty Pryde & Wolverine
    - Nightcrawler
    - FF vs. X-Men
    - X-Terminators

I personally believe that the second third of the 80's was the best X-run in general, so it's really very hard to choose among these series.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

There's a number of gems on the list, namely the original Wolverine mini, FF vs X-Men and Kitty Pryde and Wolverine, but I've long maintained that the Magik miniseries is an unsung masterpiece, a skilful blend of horror and superheroes with unparalleled character work. One of Claremont's strongest works ever in my opinion, I think it's shamefully overshadowed by his other many accomplishments but it's a must-read for anyone who just likes good comics. Also, dear Marvel, if that 4 parter is not movie material ready to be brought to the big screen, I don't know what is.

CC and Frank Miller teaming up is amazing.
    BUT, Meltdown is a better story.

Wolverine (1982).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Wolverine probably

but Longshot was always my favorite
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I always felt that Firestar was underappreciated, and so was her limited series by Tom DeFalco.

Ultimate Member

Kitty Pryde and Wolverine told an enjoyable story about quite possibly my two least favorite of that generations X-Men. So that's impressive.

Magik would rate second, if only because of my love of AU's, and the idea of an alternate universe with it's own team of X-Men, where old woman Ororo has turned to sorcery. It's old hat these days, where books like the Exiles have explored dozens of such worlds, but it was pretty neat, back in the day.

“I wanted to get the tears out of the way so I could act sensibly.” ~ Joan Didion

I can't see my list! It's impossible to tell if it's in my eyes or the list itself that's blurry.
    It's this very sort of 'choosing' that ruins possibility.

Don't call it "anxiety" about choosing. How come? I don't wanna!
    This isn't a tantrum because I'm too old for that.

Because when I was a kid I didn't think I had a choice I made many good ones.

Because isn't supposed to begin a sentence.

So this is when I don't say anything...but now that I'm a grown up...I talk about that. How I don't.

So there but to tell the truth...remember that feeling when so much feeling makes you cry...doesn't really say what feeling...just lots, that trembling little lower lip...no idea what I was just doing...but you asked and now...um, 'just stuff' and then therapy so no...I have no idea. If I did, I'd hide the ones I care about and give you all the rest.

I wouldn't however know what I was doing when I did it...but it'd matter to me in ways I'll never know...no matter what I say I think I know about it, who I am...etc...and such about me.
    Last edited by sungila; 09-08-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Magik and Storm
    Cat Pryde was tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I always felt that Firestar was underappreciated, and so was her limited series by Tom DeFalco.

I know she's a mutant, but isn't Firestar officially classed outside the X-Men? She's more associated with the New Warriors, Spider-Man and the Avengers, and I don't think DeFalco ever was an X-Men writer.