Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    The All-Weapon seems a little too gimicky to me...can be anything at anytime for any need. I could see some sort of mace that the head can be launched off attached to a chain...but changing into anything at anytime is just a little too much to me.
    Green Lantern says hi
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't think its unreasonable to forget that the signature weapon of a Valkyrie was gifted to her in a random-ass Defenders story instead of just being, you know, the weapon of a Valkyrie.
    I guess.... However, I remember those few panels with much clarity!

The entire weapon of Dragonfang is golden and bright, almost giving off light. The hilt has a well-defined flat Dragon's head (not the round one sometimes shown). It is not just an indestructible sword...but a mystical one as well! Once, an enraged Hulk tried to break Dragonfang in half....there was so much force being applied...that the mystical properties of Dragonfang temporarily allowed the sword to bend in response to the pressure, but it would not break! Instantly, it was back to normal.

I have not seen Dragonfang drawn and colored properly in years. That being the case, I guess other important facts will also be lost......

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Green Lantern says hi
    GL works as a cosmic cop who has no inherent powers just the most advanced weapon in the universe. Limiting Jane's weapon would just put in in the same class as Thor, Valkyrie (Brunhilda), and Thunderstike. Inherent Asgardian mojo with a powerful...but not overlypowerful...weapon.

Extraordinary Member

GL works as a cosmic cop who has no inherent powers just the most advanced weapon in the universe. Limiting Jane's weapon would just put in in the same class as Thor, Valkyrie (Brunhilda), and Thunderstike. Inherent Asgardian mojo with a powerful...but not overlypowerful...weapon.
    The most advanced weapon in the universe... That I've seen three different people take off his finger because he wasn't paying attention.
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-10-2019 at 02:04 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

but in all honesty I wonder if this is some deep cut that we're missing or if it's something from actual norse mythology

Extraordinary Member

The mist advanced weapon in the universe... That I've seen three different people take off his finger because he wasn't paying attention.
    Just because you got the most advanced weapon doesn't mean you can keep people from stealing it from you.

The mist advanced weapon in the universe... That I've seen three different people take off his finger because he wasn't paying attention.
    That was bad writing though...

Fantastic Member

Yea that's an Aaron line lol, overuse of hyperbole is his thing. He also had a similar thing about Heimdal as well when Gladiator came to Asgard to kidnap Jane Thor.

I've been enjoying this series. It was good to see Brunhilde in Valhalla, but I would much rather have had her alive and well.

Brunhilde did not have to die so that Jane Foster could become THE Valkyrie. Instead, she would have become A Valkyrie, with Brunhilde as her mentor.

I would have been fine with that.

Extraordinary Member

Just because you got the most advanced weapon doesn't mean you can keep people from stealing it from you.
    Not very advanced then, is it? I mean, if you can just lose it to a pick pocket.

When was the last time ever pick pocketed a nuke?