Extraordinary Member

Default Jane Foster Valkyrie. #1-2 Discussion and Spoilers

Just read them.

Liking the writing.

Right up until...

Jesus Holy Christ on a cracker barrel.

Bullseye sneaks up on Heimdall.

Heimdall!

The God of "hearing a leaf dropping in a bed of feathers in a sealed vault locked inside a black hole."

What the actual.... ?!
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

it's mentioned in the issue that the dragonfang is enchanted to hide its users from even the god-sight

BANNED

but not the valkyrie death sight i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    but not the valkyrie death sight i guess
    Well, I think that's a loophole in the enchantment. The Death Sight isn't Valkyrie seeing Bullseye coming, but the fact of Heimdall's impending demise. Caused by Bullseye, sure, but not actually Bullseye himself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Just read them.

Liking the writing.

Right up until...

Jesus Holy Christ on a cracker barrel.

Bullseye sneaks up on Heimdall.

Heimdall!

The God of "hearing a leaf dropping in a bed of feathers in a sealed vault locked inside a black hole."

What the actual.... ?!

This made me chuckle...

Extraordinary Member

it's mentioned in the issue that the dragonfang is enchanted to hide its users from even the god-sight
    And when was THAT ever a thing?

Dragonfang isn’t even ASGARDIAN. Doctor Strange gave it to Val way back in the early issues of The Defenders.

Dragonfang is an indestructible sword wielded by the Asgardian goddess Brunnhilda, who is also known as Valkyrie. Legend states that the sword was created by an ancient oriental wizard named Kahji-da. Kahji-da is said to have forged the sword thousands of years ago out of the tusk of an un-named extradimensional dragon. At some point long ago, the sword came in to the hands of The Ancient One.
    The Ancient one retained possession of the sword for many years until he passed it along to his disciple Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange kept the sword in his possession until he bestowed it upon the Asgardian goddess Valkyrie.

The sword was finally awarded to Valkyrie after she returned the Ebony Blade, a weapon she had borrowed, to its righful owner The Black Knight. Currently, Valkyrie is still in possession of Dragonfang.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragonfang/4055-47807/

Edit: I guess the indestructible warranty finally expired as well. Seems to be happening to a lot of magic weapons recently.
    Last edited by brettc1; 09-08-2019 at 04:33 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

july 24th 2019

Dragonfang isn’t even ASGARDIAN. Doctor Strange gave it to Val way back in the early issues of The Defenders.

Dragonfang is an indestructible sword wielded by the Asgardian goddess Brunnhilda, who is also known as Valkyrie. Legend states that the sword was created by an ancient oriental wizard named Kahji-da. Kahji-da is said to have forged the sword thousands of years ago out of the tusk of an un-named extradimensional dragon. At some point long ago, the sword came in to the hands of The Ancient One.
    The Ancient one retained possession of the sword for many years until he passed it along to his disciple Doctor Strange. Doctor Strange kept the sword in his possession until he bestowed it upon the Asgardian goddess Valkyrie.

The sword was finally awarded to Valkyrie after she returned the Ebony Blade, a weapon she had borrowed, to its righful owner The Black Knight. Currently, Valkyrie is still in possession of Dragonfang.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/dragonfang/4055-47807/

Edit: I guess the indestructible warranty finally expired as well. Seems to be happening to a lot of magic weapons recently.
    Yes, I remember all of this info.

At some point a number of years ago, I remember hearing that the Dragon slew by Kahji-Da was thought to be from Asgard or one of it's realms. Not sure if this Canon or not.

I also read online that the sword has a blood curse on it that makes it sharper with each kill. This I do not believe, since it was never mentioned before in the 40+ yr hiistory of Dragoonfang. In addition, it sounds like some fan mixed up the Ebony Blade curse!

Extraordinary Member

july 24th 2019
    Ah. So in other words for anyone whose memory only goes back eight weeks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, I remember all of this info.

At some point a number of years ago, I remember hearing that the Dragon slew by Kahji-Da was thought to be from Asgard or one of it's realms. Not sure if this Canon or not.

I also read online that the sword has a blood curse on it that makes it sharper with each kill. This I do not believe, since it was never mentioned before in the 40+ yr hiistory of Dragoonfang. In addition, it sounds like some fan mixed up the Ebony Blade curse!
    That’s what I thought as well.

It’s weird, it’s not like Aaron to take a well known legacy item and radically alter its history just to serve...

...a...

...plot point...

Hmmm.

It’s weird, it’s not like Aaron to take a well known legacy item and radically alter its history just to serve...

...a...

...plot point...

Hmmm.
    that definitely sounds like Aaron

That’s what I thought as well.

...a...

...plot point...

Hmmm.
    "well-known" is a richards-tier stretch
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member

The All-Weapon seems a little too gimicky to me...can be anything at anytime for any need. I could see some sort of mace that the head can be launched off attached to a chain...but changing into anything at anytime is just a little too much to me.

Fantastic Member

I wonder if with destroyed Dragonfand will play something in the future with Annabelle Riggs and being a new Valkyrie as they said Jane was the first of new generation of Valkyries

I don't think its unreasonable to forget that the signature weapon of a Valkyrie was gifted to her in a random-ass Defenders story instead of just being, you know, the weapon of a Valkyrie.