Default Homelander vs Hancock

TV Homelander vs Hancock

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Kind of the problem here is we don't know how strong Homelander is.

Assuming A-Train's fear of pulling the train is a good benchmark for supers at their peak, I think he's going to have a hard time hurting Hancock.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the only real hint at homelander's limit is when he said he can't lift a crashing passager airplane when mauve suggested it.

it's not much but it's the only thing i can remember about his limit.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the only real hint at homelander's limit is when he said he can't lift a crashing passager airplane when mauve suggested it.

That felt more like him making fun of the physics of such a feat. Like it just wasn't plausible in his mind.

Anyways, Hancock is still way too fast.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

IIRC, Homelander said that he couldn't move a plane in flight because he would have nothing to brace against, implying that he could lift the plane just fine if it was on the ground.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    IIRC, Homelander said that he couldn't move a plane in flight because he would have nothing to brace against, implying that he could lift the plane just fine if it was on the ground.
    my mistake. :P

part of me thinks that he partly said that because he didn't really wanna make the effort to try.

my mistake. :P

part of me thinks that he partly said that because he didn't really wanna make the effort to try.
    Wouldn't surprise me at all. He did seem a little TOO prepared for his post crash speech.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

He also says that at this speed he would either go right through it, or spin it "ass over ****". So it is less that he couldn't do it, as that Boysverse operates under more realistic physics than most comicverses. I.e. even someone strong enough to lift something massively heavy has to deal with sheering forces.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 09-08-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Homelander seems to have much slower reaction speed than Hancock.

The terrorist was able to move and shoot the pilot before Homelander reacted and lasered him to death, whereas IIRC, Hancock was able to deal with the bank robbers quite a bit more expeditiously by severing their hands before they could react and fire their guns.

Durability-wise, not sure what Homelander's upper limits are, but then again, he hasn't really faced anyone nearly as strong as Hancock with his blue whale tossing strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Homelander seems to have much slower reaction speed than Hancock.

The terrorist was able to move and shoot the pilot before Homelander reacted and lasered him to death, whereas IIRC, Hancock was able to deal with the bank robbers quite a bit more expeditiously by severing their hands before they could react and fire their guns.

Durability-wise, not sure what Homelander's upper limits are, but then again, he hasn't really faced anyone nearly as strong as Hancock with his blue whale tossing strength.
    The better feat for Hancock was honestly the train.

It hit him and came to a full stop, and he didn't even budge.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Hancock's feats are Homelander's but better.