10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He was also married, but Moira was dead when Morrison started his run. Nothing was stopping the couple to happen, just Morrison and his fantasies as self-insert
    Sean Cassidy hasn't been married since Maeve died.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    All Shadowcat and Colossus ever did was kiss until much later when they were consenting adults. There's nothing wrong with a 19-year-old and a 14-year-old dating.

Frankly, Shadowcat with Peter Wisdom was a lot worse than Colossus.
    IDA with you on that. While I dont think Kitty and Piotr was nearly as people blow it up to be but there is alot wrong with 14 and 19 year olds dating. I think the thing that saved them for me is that he didnt take advantage of her, which is what typically happens when underaged children date men

I hated Kitty and Pete Wisdom for a variety of reasons but not bc of the age difference. By that point she was older, had far more life experience and more sound to make decisions about herself and her relationships that she wasnt in a position to at 14. I wouldnt condone it in real life but the character of Kitty read far older than she was at the time (which I believe Ellis pegged her at being 19, which wasnt what Claremont had envisioned her as)
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-11-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Sean Cassidy hasn't been married since Maeve died.
    He was married with moira or just dating?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But if your only those things your not human. There is not one man that walked this earth that is perfect. There are even stories of jesus being a bit mischevious as a child so i don't get it. I'm not really interested in half a character. It's the same problem i have when people try to potray Storm as some all loving, all forgiving earth mother who is all about peace and tranquility only rather than a complex character. My father was an amazing father when it came to finances and making sure my mom never had to work but i never had one conversation with him in my life where we just talked. He was old school in that way. Super provider and protector and disciplinary but i couldn't tell you who HE was. That's how life works and it's okay. Mistakes doesn't make someone more human but neither does being a person who all perfect. IT's all about balance. If i want a message of positivity all the time or a great dad i'll watch the Brady Bunch or the Cosby show.
    My problem i sthat i ever only see human being talked when people do mistakes and especially when they are jerks

BANNED

Sean and Moira never married.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I liked Stacy X's lizard like design. At least when there was a good artist. But she was like Starfox if he used his powers for evil.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Ha , True.lol

Has she ever showed up again in any xmen comics?
    Yeah, she showed against in up in a story in the Domino annual 2018. Best use of the character *ever* by Leah Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I liked Stacy X's lizard like design. At least when there was a good artist. But she was like Starfox if he used his powers for evil.
    I thought she was a fish. she had scales if I remember. Mr Chuck was really limited in creation since he created this kid who had a fish face. His name was Sammie.

Stacy may have gotten some good development under the pen of a better writer.

What of AOA Pitero calling Rogue his step mother to her face. So creepy. also he was dating storm which made rogue and magneto even more gross and inappropriate, to me rogue and magneto are worse than angel and hush if people are only looking at how age gap romances can be a turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    What of AOA Pitero calling Rogue his step mother to her face. So creepy. also he was dating storm which made rogue and magneto even more gross and inappropriate, to me rogue and magneto are worse than angel and hush if people are only looking at how age gap romances can be a turn off.
    But people aren't looking at the age gap, they're looking at "having sex in the sky above her parents".

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Wanda and Pietro is the worst.
    But it's not an X-men comic book.

I vote for Xavier crush on Jean. It gives a very creep meaning for all that happened before, since the X-men #1.
    i agree with this one
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Ultimate Member

There was nothing whatsoever offensive about it. What was offensive is that the X-Books never had to actually deal with it, until Beast buried everybody in the stupid Decimation crap.
    It was offensive on several different levels.

1) It makes the X-men look amazingly ineffective as several of their members (and, ya know the race they were supposed to be protecting) are literally gassed

2) A concentration camp holds some pretty heavy real world implications. It was introduced and handled poorly.

3) When Marrow fought against Weapon X (and it's concentration camp), she was depicted as your average Islamic terrorist

And last, no one was even punished in verse for it.

So yeah, offensive
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 09-12-2019 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IDA with you on that. While I dont think Kitty and Piotr was nearly as people blow it up to be but there is alot wrong with 14 and 19 year olds dating. I think the thing that saved them for me is that he didnt take advantage of her, which is what typically happens when underaged children date men
    I think the other factor was that Kitty was an unusually intelligent, precocious child (and was practically always the one to initiate physical affection) and Peter was a rather unworldly adult. That didn't make it any more appropriate, but it tempered the inherent power imbalance and made the age difference seem less glaring.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think the other factor was that Kitty was an unusually intelligent, precocious child (and was practically always the one to initiate physical affection) and Peter was a rather unworldly adult. That didn't make it any more appropriate, but it tempered the inherent power imbalance and made the age difference seem less glaring.
    I was an early teen when I first encountered it, so of course it didn't seem inappropriate then. as I got older, I came closer to Jim Shooter's way of thinking (which is deeply uncomfortable) - it should have stayed a one sided crush, like they were trying to retcon it to be in Wolverine First Class. I think at this point I'm more upset that the entire mansion acted as shippers on deck for it. Xavier, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kurt, Cyclops, Magik, especially Wolverine, who nearly got Piotr killed for breaking up with Kitty - they all supported it. We're to believe that such a relationship isn't uncommon in Soviet culture, and I can't speak to that, but that, along with not crossing certain lines, reduces it to something less creepy than, say, Wanda/Pietro (with Logan watching) or skysex above Mrs. Guthrie.

I absolutely understand why modern audiences will struggle with Colossus-Shadowcat. That he's been written as been obsessed with her by Aaron and Guggenheim makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I think at this point I'm more upset that the entire mansion acted as shippers on deck for it. Xavier, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kurt, Cyclops, Magik, especially Wolverine, who nearly got Piotr killed for breaking up with Kitty - they all supported it.

That he's been written as been obsessed with her by Aaron and Guggenheim makes it worse.
    I see your point. Although I'm not sure you could count Ororo and Scott as shippers, everybody treated that "relationship" normally. It gets even creepier if you consider Xavier loved Jean and that Logan was always around underage female sidekicks...

The worst part of Kittylossus, definitely, is that writers always fall on that trope of Peter being the crazy ex. I guess the writers can be the most inappropriate shippers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I was an early teen when I first encountered it, so of course it didn't seem inappropriate then. as I got older, I came closer to Jim Shooter's way of thinking (which is deeply uncomfortable) - it should have stayed a one sided crush, like they were trying to retcon it to be in Wolverine First Class. I think at this point I'm more upset that the entire mansion acted as shippers on deck for it. Xavier, Storm, Nightcrawler, Kurt, Cyclops, Magik, especially Wolverine, who nearly got Piotr killed for breaking up with Kitty - they all supported it. We're to believe that such a relationship isn't uncommon in Soviet culture, and I can't speak to that, but that, along with not crossing certain lines, reduces it to something less creepy than, say, Wanda/Pietro (with Logan watching) or skysex above Mrs. Guthrie.

I absolutely understand why modern audiences will struggle with Colossus-Shadowcat. That he's been written as been obsessed with her by Aaron and Guggenheim makes it worse.
    Honestly. People keep forgetting Piotr was the last person to sail that ship. Kitty was the pursurer. Illyana and Ororo were supporting Kitty and Logan (that jackass) and Kurt were always on Piotr's case about it. Piotr always gets the heat since he was the older male and modern day puritans.

I think Amara getting hooked up with Empath after he used his powers to prey on girls is way worse.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

My problem i sthat i ever only see human being talked when people do mistakes and especially when they are jerks
    In this world especially you are totally not wrong. Which is super unfortunate.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/