10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post

Nope. I'm fine with Scemma, but not the way it went down.
    I can't be fine with Scemma, because of the way it happened. Relationships that start off on a bad note or start off making characters look tacky just ruins them from the get-go for me.

I think someone said one of the shows did it better. Where Jean dies naturally, and Scott grieves her, then he & Emma fall for one another as he is getting over his grief of losing Jean. Now THAT made everyone look better and was a Scemma I could support.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I can't be fine with Scemma, because of the way it happened. Relationships that start off on a bad note or start off making characters look tacky just ruins them from the get-go for me.

I think someone said one of the shows did it better. Where Jean dies naturally, and Scott grieves her, then he & Emma fall for one another as he is getting over his grief of losing Jean. Now THAT made everyone look better and was a Scemma I could support.
    That's probably Wolvie and the X-Men.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    That's probably Wolvie and the X-Men.
    I dont beleive they were a couple on that show and IIRC, Emma was portrayed as a shady character that the X-men werent sure if they could trust. I think it may have been the X-men anime that the reference is to

Amazing Member

If Jean herself was fine with Scott-Emma, who are we to argue.

"Shhh.. The Phoenix understands...I haven't seen you so alive a long time Scott....my best friend...have to go now. Live, Scott. Live. All I ever did was die on you."

Still get chills reading that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Written by Frank Teiri, the Weapon X program is reactivated and running a concentration camp. Maggot, Seina Blaze and a few others were gassed in a few panels. Not exaggerating.

It was a dangling plot thread that the X-Men basically ignored, and Frank himself left unresolved even when Weapon X got a mini series meant to resolve the plotlines that were left dangling.

The plot was offensive and stupid on several levels. Frank Teiri's writing level is, at best, on the level of 80s Saturday morning cartoons, yet he envisions himself as a gritty noir writer. So yeah, it super sucked.
    Pretty much all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post

Agreed. The way it happened I can't get behind but what's done is done and there's no taking it back and at some point, for me anyway, I got over it.
    Both the anime and Wolverine and The X-Men did it much better, though the latter would have later involved a kind of twisted triangle had the show progressed to a second season and that would have been trash but neither show involved any sort of scandalous cheating.

Ultimate Pietro and Wanda. Ughh.

The thing with Mystique and the Angel/Husk relationship were odd but not illegal. The comic in question, Paige’s mother specially says she is nineteen years old. Warren is probably thirty. I know happily married people with a bigger age gap. And Mystique says the kid is “barely legal” so... he’s legal. But barely. Probably eighteen.

Now the Scott/Emma thing is tacky...

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    If Jean herself was fine with Scott-Emma, who are we to argue.

"Shhh.. The Phoenix understands...I haven't seen you so alive a long time Scott....my best friend...have to go now. Live, Scott. Live. All I ever did was die on you."

Still get chills reading that.
    But was she? In Jean's book, ghost Jean chides Emma about the Phoenix shard she kept telling her that she kept it in that nightmare of a memory in case she ever came back. The memory specifically being the moment Jean telepathically walked in on the memory Scott and Emma were sharing. Not to mention, she wasn't that friendly with Emma in the book at all. I think that was Morrison's intention, Jean was fine with it because she was becoming Phoenix and human emotion was something she was slowly losing touch with. Writer's sense then haven't kept to that idea. So I guess it all depends.

So many Scott/Emma anti shippers are on this thread, I did not want to say haters since I think ship wars are more complex than if you hate and love a couple together.

Sure it was distasteful to kiss on jean's grave but how the realtionship was portrayed from astonishing x-men and beyond was great.

if xmen is a soap opera Emma and Scott were never once boring unlike Scott and Jean. Two people clearly bored of eachother even with Jean's denial. after all she tried to make out with wolverine while Scott was still experiencing PTSDs from merging with apocalypse.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-11-2019 at 08:27 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    So many Scott/Emma anti shippers are on this thread, I did not want to say haters since I think ship wars are more complex than if you hate and love a couple together.

Sure it was distasteful to kiss on jean's grave but how the realtionship was portrayed from astonishing x-men and beyond was great.

if xmen is a soap opera Emma and Scott were never once boring unlike Scott and Jean. Two people clearly bored of eachother even with Jean's denial. after all she tried to make out with wolverine while Scott was still experience PTSDs from merging with apocalypse.
    Hold up, lad. You're making sane talk there.

Stop it.
    "Cable was right!"

if xmen is a soap opera Emma and Scott were never once boring unlike Scott and Jean. Two people clearly bored of eachother even with Jean's denial. after all she tried to make out with wolverine while Scott was still experience PTSDs from merging with apocalypse.
    Why did she try to make out with Logan though? And what was her entire talk with him about before she tried to make out with him?

I find it funny to base Scemma on the failings of Jean/Scott. It feels so empty, the Jean/Scott suck card can be played to prop up any other couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hold up, lad. You're making sane talk there.

Stop it.
    I just call it as I see it darling apprently not many people like it on the other forum,. things are more sane when you drag out the elephant in the room.

Emma always took interest in everything scott did. maybe she was infatuated with him, I don't know but to me I think jean was to blame in the collapse of their marriage.

Also how she unleashed the Phoenix force on Emma when she finds out of the affair was beyond cruel, why didn't she attack scott also? I think Jean was just jealous of emma. it was more jealousy of emma than anger that emma was having an affair with scott.

if xmen is a soap opera Emma and Scott were never once boring unlike Scott and Jean. Two people clearly bored of eachother even with Jean's denial. after all she tried to make out with wolverine while Scott was still experiencing PTSDs from merging with apocalypse.
    I disagree. The relationship was done well up until the first crack in phoenix five where her and namor kissed and when bendis got X-men it came off like Scott secretly hated/resented Emma in my opinion. It was like "Damn, dude acting like he wasn't a willing participant."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I disagree. The relationship was done well up until the first crack in phoenix five where her and namor kissed and when bendis got X-men it came off like Scott secretly hated/resented Emma in my opinion. It was like "Damn, dude acting like he wasn't a willing participant."
    Well I dropped of x-books for a while, I think the last time I loved emma and scott was second coming. i heard they fell out so I knew this when reading bendis uncanny xmen that they were no longer a couple. they had good times together and don forget they were fun as a couple too. with jean it was like cyclops was always on the edge, ready to jump off cliffs because things were always so messy in the grey/summers household. In a way I think cyclops got to live again with Emma.