View Poll Results: And the worst one is

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Sky Sex Love Story, Husk and Angel

    25 23.15%
  • Quicksilver Sleeping With His Sister

    37 34.26%
  • Beak And Tempest's Egg Babies

    1 0.93%
  • Anything With Skin

    1 0.93%
  • Mystique Chats Up A High Schooler - X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever

    2 1.85%
  • Nightcrawler Dating His Stepsister -

    2 1.85%
  • The Metal World-Ending Villain That Was In Love With Jean Grey

    4 3.70%
  • Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

    10 9.26%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

    26 24.07%
  • Ugly John existing

    0 0%
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 230
  1. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Oh God. Frank Tieri. One of so many 2000s dudes I don't miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I Miss Frank Tieri.
    Tieri is still around. He's got two Absolute Carnage minis running right now (Lethal Protectors and Deadpool).

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I thought she was a fish. she had scales if I remember. Mr Chuck was really limited in creation since he created this kid who had a fish face. His name was Sammie.

    Stacy may have gotten some good development under the pen of a better writer.
    Stacy X was actually created by Joe Casey in the previous Uncanny run, and I thought she had potential then. Like a lot of characters she became much more caricatured and unsympathetic when Austen took over.

  2. #197
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah talk about being inappropriate. If a male character would randomly kiss females without their consent, that would be more an issue. Wolverine's done that a few times and it doesnt make him look good
    She kissed Bishop on astonishing anf then later apologized that there wasn't enough time to warn him.
    Zethrimon unblock me

  3. #198
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She kissed Bishop on astonishing anf then later apologized that there wasn't enough time to warn him.
    Why did she kiss them? Her powers work exactly the same if she touches with her hands. A kiss is sexual and I believe part of why she ever even did it bc she was sexually repressed due to the limitations her powers placed on her

  4. #199
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Written by Frank Teiri, the Weapon X program is reactivated and running a concentration camp. Maggot, Seina Blaze and a few others were gassed in a few panels. Not exaggerating.

    It was a dangling plot thread that the X-Men basically ignored, and Frank himself left unresolved even when Weapon X got a mini series meant to resolve the plotlines that were left dangling.

    The plot was offensive and stupid on several levels. Frank Teiri's writing level is, at best, on the level of 80s Saturday morning cartoons, yet he envisions himself as a gritty noir writer. So yeah, it super sucked.
    it got resolved after decimation, the Beast mini in which he worked with Dark Beast searching for an MDay cure. They visit the empty concentration camp to study the corpses of depowered mutants, to see if the corpses still have xgenes.
    the whole thing self resolved because of M Day. That weapon X program lost its reason to be. Most of the mutants that were important in that run got depowered. Maverick, Mesmero, Wild Child, Marrow etc. It was a book about C D F list mutants, I liked it quite a lot. What made sense with millions of people you want to kill doesnt make sense when there are only 198 of them.

    edit: genocide and mengele style evil geneticists are a constant of XMen books, I dont think a concentration camp that kills mutants is inappropiate at all. I also miss Tieri.
    the mutants were used for experiments by Sinister, which gave us one really great issue about Sinister and Scalphunter kidnapping and experimenting on people, and if the mutants were strong, they were recruited into the Weapon X program and forced to work for them, Suicide Squad style.
    Last edited by lurkerforyears; 09-13-2019 at 01:06 PM.

  5. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah talk about being inappropriate. If a male character would randomly kiss females without their consent, that would be more an issue. Wolverine's done that a few times and it doesnt make him look good
    See also: Warbird and Iceman. Which plays even worse now that Bobby's out.

    This Week's Comics:Animosity #24, X-Men #1, Ignition v. 1

  6. #201
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    7,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why did she kiss them? Her powers work exactly the same if she touches with her hands. A kiss is sexual and I believe part of why she ever even did it bc she was sexually repressed due to the limitations her powers placed on her
    I believe it was for the visual that the writer choose it, because it made no sense for the story. She kissed Bishop on x-treme without warning too, but it wasn't to use his powers.
    Zethrimon unblock me

  7. #202
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    the Capcom games of the 90s had Rogue kissing to steal powers as a move, it had become iconic

  8. #203
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Tieri is still around. He's got two Absolute Carnage minis running right now (Lethal Protectors and Deadpool).
    Of course he's on those fucking books. Of course.

    I like Joe Casey's work but I never liked Stacy X. I'm guessing Marvel made Austen drop her, though. The guy's writing was absolutely obsessed with sex even in his corporate-sponsored work at Marvel (Jubilee mourns never getting a chance to get naked with Skin days after his corpse is found crucified on the front lawn; Polaris is a horny psychopath cheating on her fiance at her bachelorette party), not to mention his history of erotic lit outside the company.

  9. #204
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    In AoA, Rogue was trying to comfort Magneto after he lost Wanda. Magneto returned the favour by using his powers so she have skin contact with someone. Then they hooked up. In 616, they were both off/on field leaders for the X-Men but Mags gave Scott advise when he asked but their relationship never went as far as AoA; they just admitted there was an attraction.
    Rogue was a consenting adult both in 616 and AoA when she got involved with Magneto.* She was not some babe in the woods without the capacity for mature thought or actionable consent. She was also never his student. Claiming abuse of power by Magneto is a wild stretch.

    (* - also, I could've sworn Rogue and Magneto were suggested to be actively involved during her time in the Savage Land in the UXM 260s-270s, but who knows)

  10. #205
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Rogue was a consenting adult both in 616 and AoA when she got involved with Magneto.* She was not some babe in the woods without the capacity for mature thought or actionable consent. She was also never his student. Claiming abuse of power by Magneto is a wild stretch.

    (* - also, I could've sworn Rogue and Magneto were suggested to be actively involved during her time in the Savage Land in the UXM 260s-270s, but who knows)
    Nah, I dont think they were involved in the SL. There was definitely an attraction which became a full blown sexual relationship in Carey's run

    Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Um, in AoA he was literally her ‘boss’ and ‘foster father’ , definite power imbalance. In 616, he was pretty much ‘vice president’ of Utopia (unless you think Emma was really scott’s second in command, that’s a possible interpretation, then mags was third in command) and she had been demoted twice by Scott. Mags straight up gave her ‘orders’, sometimes she disobeyed, but he wouldn’t give her orders if he didn’t think he was her ‘superior.’

    There are ‘youngins’ attracted to ‘oldies’ and 99% of the time, there’s still a power imbalance, hence why most people don’t really like it.
    Magneto was not VP of Utopia. He had no power on that island until arguably the Extinction team which was run more like a council and by then, he and Rogue were done
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.

  11. #206
    Mighty Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    1,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah, I dont think they were involved in the SL. There was definitely an attraction which became a full blown sexual relationship in Carey's run
    Did it? I must have missed that. When was this, Legacy?

  12. #207
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Did it? I must have missed that. When was this, Legacy?
    Yep




  13. #208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Joe Casey's work but I never liked Stacy X. I'm guessing Marvel made Austen drop her, though.
    I believe he did say he was told to write her out, yeah.

    The guy's writing was absolutely obsessed with sex even in his corporate-sponsored work at Marvel (Jubilee mourns never getting a chance to get naked with Skin days after his corpse is found crucified on the front lawn; Polaris is a horny psychopath cheating on her fiance at her bachelorette party), not to mention his history of erotic lit outside the company.
    And of course the infamous Angel-Husk moment and Juggernaut having sex with She-Hulk (since retconned as an alternate universe She-Hulk).

  14. #209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    And of course the infamous Angel-Husk moment and Juggernaut having sex with She-Hulk (since retconned as an alternate universe She-Hulk).
    And Nurse Annie's kid telepathically helping her and Havok hook up.

    This Week's Comics:Animosity #24, X-Men #1, Ignition v. 1

  15. #210
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    And Nurse Annie's kid telepathically helping her and Havok hook up.
    I liked the kid. Always felt the xmen were missing an autistic-special education powerful psychic character kid who is obsessed with minecraft and stuff like that

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •