View Poll Results: And the worst one is

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Sky Sex Love Story, Husk and Angel

    25 23.15%
  • Quicksilver Sleeping With His Sister

    37 34.26%
  • Beak And Tempest's Egg Babies

    1 0.93%
  • Anything With Skin

    1 0.93%
  • Mystique Chats Up A High Schooler - X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever

    2 1.85%
  • Nightcrawler Dating His Stepsister -

    2 1.85%
  • The Metal World-Ending Villain That Was In Love With Jean Grey

    4 3.70%
  • Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

    10 9.26%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

    26 24.07%
  • Ugly John existing

    0 0%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 230
  1. #1
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default 10 Most Inappropriate X-men-Storylines?

    http://whatculture.com/comics/10-mos...rylines?page=2

    10. Ugly John - New X-Men #114

    9. Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave - New X-Men #154

    8. Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope - Uncanny X-Men #423

    7. The Metal World-Ending Villain That Was In Love With Jean Grey - X-Men #53

    6. Nightcrawler Dating His Stepsister - X-Men Annual #4

    5. Mystique Chats Up A High Schooler - X-Men: Worst X-Man Ever

    4. Anything With Skin - Various Comics

    3. Beak And Tempest's Egg Babies - New X-Men #141

    2. Quicksilver Sleeping With His Sister - Ultimates 3

    1. The Sky Sex Love Story - Uncanny X-Men #440


    I am familiar with 8 out of the 10 storylines. I think 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are the worst. Too surprised the Rogue and Magneto affair from AOA did not make the list. I find it more inappropriate than Scott, Jean and Emma who were all adults. Rogue was a barely a teenager in AOA. Because of Game of Thrones I don't vomit that much anymore with incest stories, although I still voted Pietro/Wanda as the worst STORY on the list.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 09:33 AM.

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    I don't know how we can even discuss it. I mean, above incest there is nothing more disgusting without getting into paraphilias.

  3. #3
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    For me was the Scott/Emma moment.
    Like i get Morrison was breaking Jean/Scott and supposedly it was because Jean erased his fault or whatever, but I feel like Morrison was as demeaning and denigrating as posible at every chance without need to and sadly that crappy treatment is what stuck for many people to this day.
    but it didn't make their relationship look bad but scott too. I hated it.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-08-2019 at 08:49 AM.

  4. #4
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver is no more disgusting than Rogue/Gambit or Rictor/Shatterstar, and definitely less than Colossus/Shadowcat.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  5. #5
    Peter Scott/Scott Peter SpiderClops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    7,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver is no more disgusting than Rogue/Gambit or Rictor/Shatterstar, and definitely less than Colossus/Shadowcat.
    Kindly explain how those latter three are in the same league as incest.
    “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

  6. #6
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,348

    Default

    I'm not sure how Mystique and Bailey even charts when it comes to statutory shenanigans by Marvel.

    Elixir making ACTUAL moves on Wolfsbane, ESPECIALLY because he was largely just using Rahne to make Wallflower jealous, is FAR worse. Or simply the fact X-23 was introduced as a 15 year-old hooker.

    And you can't even give me, "Oh, those are just peripheral books and not part of the main X-line." Because what the frell do you call Worst X-Man Ever?
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 09-08-2019 at 09:06 AM.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  7. #7
    Mighty Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Kindly explain how those latter three are in the same league as incest.
    They are all between consenting adults. Except Shadowcat and Colossus.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  8. #8
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    For me was the Scott/Emma moment.
    Like i get Morrison was breaking Jean/Scott and supposedly it was because Jean erased his fault or whatever, but I feel like Morrison was as demeaning and denigrating as posible at every chance without need to and sadly that crappy treatment is what stuck for many people to this day.
    but it didn't make their relationship look bad but scott too. I hated it.
    While adultery is wrong and always inappropriate, I was not surprised. Scott and Jean had grown apart. Jean was becoming too powerful as she became more with one with phoenix. Scott was going through trauma no one understood. Emma brought a breath of fresh air to the messy Summers/Grey soap era and Scott responded to that and in the process fell in love with Emma. It was not surprising what went down with all 3 of them.

    The one thing I never bought with Morrison about the situation was Jean's spirit telling Scott to move on with Emma after her death. Yeah, that would never happen.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 09-08-2019 at 09:23 AM.

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member CRaymond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Elixir making ACTUAL moves on Wolfsbane, ESPECIALLY because he was largely just using Rahne to make Wallflower jealous, is FAR worse. Or simply the fact X-23 was introduced as a 15 year-old hooker.
    Dumb horny somewhat evil douchebags do stupid, somewhat evil things all the time. Elixer being a douche is fine, it’s villain-building. What was inappropriate was Rahne’s reception. Didn’t she actually follow thru on the flirting? Euuuggh

  10. #10
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    While adultery is wrong and always inappropriate, I was not surprised. Scott and Jean had grown apart. Jean was becoming too powerful as she became more with one with phoenix. Scott was going through trauma no one understood. Emma brought a breath of fresh air to the messy Summers/Grey soap era and Scott responded to that and in the process fell in love with Emma. It was not surprising what went down with all 3 of them.

    The one thing I never bought with Morrison about the situation was Jean's spirit telling Scott to move on with Emma after her death. Yeah, that would never happen.
    Even if they grew apart every character and relationship deserved at least a little bit of respect. Many people don't care about anything good or bad about the relationship but the crappy things morrison did to it.
    and i disagree i don't think making the mess in the first place is something cool. Morrison didn't solve anything he made the trouble.

  11. #11
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Even if they grew apart every character and relationship deserved at least a little bit of respect. Many people don't care about anything good or bad about the relationship but the crappy things morrison did to it.
    and i disagree i don't think making the mess in the first place is something cool. Morrison didn't solve anything he made the trouble.
    Is it fair to say Morrison made a mess of things but Whedon and Fracton made it a beloved romance? Scott/Emma?

    It's adultery, its going to be messy no matter how you look at it.

  12. #12
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'm not sure how Mystique and Bailey even charts when it comes to statutory shenanigans by Marvel.

    Elixir making ACTUAL moves on Wolfsbane, ESPECIALLY because he was largely just using Rahne to make Wallflower jealous, is FAR worse. Or simply the fact X-23 was introduced as a 15 year-old hooker.

    And you can't even give me, "Oh, those are just peripheral books and not part of the main X-line." Because what the frell do you call Worst X-Man Ever?
    Mystique trying to sleep with Gambit pretending to be Rogue is worse than chatting up a high schooler as it is still incest.

  13. #13
    Ultimate Member Ambaryerno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    12,348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Dumb horny somewhat evil douchebags do stupid, somewhat evil things all the time. Elixer being a douche is fine, it’s villain-building. What was inappropriate was Rahne’s reception. Didn’t she actually follow thru on the flirting? Euuuggh
    That's part of the point; Rahne reciprocated and they had several makeout sessions. By every possible metric Bailey and Mystique doesn't even chart.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Mystique trying to sleep with Gambit pretending to be Rogue is worse than chatting up a high schooler as it is still incest.
    You have to be biologically related to the person you're shtupping for it to be incest.

    So Mystique pulling a bed trick like that on Gambit is certainly attempted rape, but it's NOT incest. Hell, even Mystique doing the opposite and bedding Rogue while disguised as Remy isn't incest (but it would still be royally @$%ed up to do that with your adopted daughter). Now, Mystique doing it with Kurt WOULD be.
    Still hoping for that Helix Reunion...

    The New X-Men: Can't let you grow up because you make everyone look old. But we can sure as @#$% mindlessly kill you off for shock value!


    Pull List
    X-23 Domino

  14. #14
    Fantastic Member Mutant X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    391

    Default

    Wanda and Pietro is the worst.
    But it's not an X-men comic book.

    I vote for Xavier crush on Jean. It gives a very creep meaning for all that happened before, since the X-men #1.

  15. #15
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Austen's entire Draco arc should be on that list. Azazel and Mystique conceiving Kurt on a church altar was totally disgusting and offensive, especially to anyone who is a Christian. That's just the start of the offensive things that happened in that story line.

    Eww, now I have to go scrub my brain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •