• Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I liked the kid. Always felt the xmen were missing an autistic-special education powerful psychic character kid who is obsessed with minecraft and stuff like that
    Carter on his own, or hanging out with Juggs and Sammy was whatever for me. Carter as yet another character Austen gave an abusive/evil dad while working out his own issues got some side-eye. Carter going into his mom's dreams and Havok's unconscious mind to have them play out "romantic" interludes and being responsible for his mom falling in love with her comatose patient? That was just straight-up wtf creepy.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 09-13-2019 at 06:00 PM.

BANNED

Ugh, Carter. I want to see him return just to die. Did he appear in that Iceman arc in Legacy(?) with Annie, or no? I can't believe they brought Annie back at all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it got resolved after decimation, the Beast mini in which he worked with Dark Beast searching for an MDay cure. They visit the empty concentration camp to study the corpses of depowered mutants, to see if the corpses still have xgenes.
    the whole thing self resolved because of M Day. That weapon X program lost its reason to be. Most of the mutants that were important in that run got depowered. Maverick, Mesmero, Wild Child, Marrow etc. It was a book about C D F list mutants, I liked it quite a lot. What made sense with millions of people you want to kill doesnt make sense when there are only 198 of them.

edit: genocide and mengele style evil geneticists are a constant of XMen books, I dont think a concentration camp that kills mutants is inappropiate at all. I also miss Tieri.
    the mutants were used for experiments by Sinister, which gave us one really great issue about Sinister and Scalphunter kidnapping and experimenting on people, and if the mutants were strong, they were recruited into the Weapon X program and forced to work for them, Suicide Squad style.
    I remember that. It was addressed by a single X-Man, in a backup story and never again addressed even by people who were at the camp (Reyes).

A worst plot I can barely imagine, and I'm not surprised it was swept under the carpet. It never should have been written in the first place, and even in a world where Gods throw magic hammers, the idea that people would be so blithe about a death camp run by the government shatters disbelief.

When Tieri wrote it, he defended himself as saying that he was foreshadowing 'Days of Future Past', stupidly forgetting that he skipped a whole bunch of steps.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Carter on his own, or hanging out with Juggs and Sammy was whatever for me. Carter as yet another character Austen gave an abusive/evil dad while working out his own issues got some side-eye. Carter going into his mom's dreams and Havok's unconscious mind to have them play out "romantic" interludes and being responsible for his mom falling in love with her comatose patient? That was just straight-up wtf creepy.
    Austen had some serious issues with fathers, sex and religion, in that order.

BANNED

Austen's first and at times only preoccupation in his writing was sex, AFAIC.

I don't mind sex in the seX-books! I am all for HickGod's orgies. But Austen presented it in such a juvenile way.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Austen had some serious issues with fathers, sex and religion, in that order.
    Yeeeeah. And thing is, I think it's believable that a psychic kid who'd been traumatized by an abusive parent, who'd seen his mom abused, would use his powers to try and to make them both happy by securing a non-threatening father figure. It reads as wish fulfillment through the eyes of someone way too young to understand consent issues. The point where that utterly collapses is where the writer treats the whole thing as romantic instead of a horror story, and has everyone at the mansion seemingly A-OK with how that all played out.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yep

.......and the cheeky minx was thinking about Cyclops there!

head to https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2019/page10 for the next few pages of the issue.

This "yew", "gross", "he's like a zillion years older than her" is all a bit narrow minded. Demonizing a sexuality that you don't personally like or understand should all be a bit passe now. Having a critique and dislike of a relationship is fine, we can't stop our own preferences, but to start throwing poop around and even worse, convincing others to dislike what you dislike is beyond rational reasonable morally sound behavior. *raspberry*

For further context of the above scene, which is understandably divisive (so well written/constructed, imo)

In the issue before, Magneto sweeps her off her feet to visit Auschwitz.

This can be divisive because;

- It could be interpreted as Magneto putting a huge guilt trip on her. (Which in itself is cleverly thought provoking, and useful to the readers)
    - Or, it could be interpreted as Magneto leaving her in, behind his guard, more so than he'd left anyone before. Therefore she could see how troubled he had been.
    - Or any other number of interpretations, beholden to the readers preferences/judgments/interest/bias

The ages of these characters within this thread have been more about the posters biases than facts. These characters ages are confusing/clear as mud, so, pfft, I don't give the characters ages much time/thought.

On topic of poll - Hmmm, I dunno, I'm thinkin' whether there are any inappropriate stories. They are meant to provoke thoughts, as to get us to sift through our preferences. So I dunno.

Make those rogue and magneto pics stop, I am vomiting. this is gross.

Didn't rogue say magneto once raped her? and some people think Emma rapped Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post

Didn't rogue say magneto once raped her? and some people think Emma rapped Scott.
    You seem to be head cannoning things too much, and ignoring so much effort/thought/art/work/canon/story to justify your negatively stubborn stance.

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

I’m pretty sure Emma Frost (aka MC Frost) is one of flyest rappers in the MU.

But then again, I don’t know much about rap.
    You could say my hip hop knowledge is wickity wack.
    I wouldn’t know about making rhymes
    Even if Jay Z’s lyric notebook fell into my...hands.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Ultimate Member

Emma violated ethics when, acting as Scott's shrink, she had sex with him, yes. He was recovering from PTSD at the time, so yes there were consent issues there.

Draw your own conclusions but the start of their relationship wasn't healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post
    She's pretty fly for a White Queen.

Astonishing Member

It was written that she was a therapist, though I don’t know if she ever really was. Seems a dumb thing to lie about if she wasn’t.

Yes, all the lovely pictures where it it even says ‘ I should hate you for the rotten things you’ve done to me and And like it better if you were afraid of me’ and everyone going nope, nothing wrong with that it’s total equality that he can and has done rotten things to her, but she just shouldn’t think about, you just hate old people. *roll eyes*. BTW, the rape comment was she said ‘mentally raped’ because he was screwing with her head in Antarctica. So it was metaphorically.

On the last subject, the creepy carter stuff, that could have a very interesting ‘horror’ type story. Good observation there. I almost want to see a fan fic tackling it from that angle. Almost, but not really.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Well there's always this. lol

Duggan's writing for both characters made me love this. Wish it could've lasted a little longer with him before the ship got torpedoed.

Though I guess age is still an issue there since JDW says he images DP as being 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

But then again, I don’t know much about rap.
    You could say my hip hop knowledge is wickity wack.
    I wouldn’t know about making rhymes
    Even if Jay Z’s lyric notebook fell into my...hands.

Scott has made his own attempts in the past.