• Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I just call it as I see it darling apprently not many people like it on the other forum,. things are more sane when you drag out the elephant in the room.

Emma always took interest in everything scott did. maybe she was infatuated with him, I don't know but to me I think jean was to blame in the collapse of their marriage.

Also how she unleashed the Phoenix force on Emma when she finds out of the affair was beyond cruel, why didn't she attack scott also? I think Jean was just jealous of emma. it was more jealousy of emma than anger that emma was having an affair with scott.
    How? I'm not saying she was perfect or blameless but how did you come to this conclusion? You said you just read New X-Men so that means you would be able to recall that Scott hadn't touched Jean for months and that when Jean tried to get Scott to open up, he wanted her to just read his mind whereas she wanted to talk about it. I think it's a little suspect to blame their marriage issues solely on one person.
    As for the mental thrashing Emma set out to cause trouble, falling in love with Scott came after, she hadn't expected that to happen. Jean and Emma's issues go back a ways and they have never liked each other, but I don't believe it stems from Jean being jealous. She attacks Emma because she blames her for messing with Scott and yeah, she's also pissed to find her husband with her but just like in life, many times the aggrieved spouse chooses to go after the third party and not hold the cheating spouse accountable. I'm not saying that's right, but it happens.

Well I dropped of x-books for a while, I think the last time I loved emma and scott was second coming. i heard they fell out so I knew this when reading bendis uncanny xmen that they were no longer a couple. they had good times together and don forget they were fun as a couple too. with jean it was like cyclops was always on the edge, ready to jump off cliffs because things were always so messy in the grey/summers household. In a way I think cyclops got to live again with Emma.
    I didn't know that. Are there any examples you can give of Scott on edge and ready to jump off cliffs because his marriage to Jean was messy?

So many Scott/Emma anti shippers are on this thread, I did not want to say haters since I think ship wars are more complex than if you hate and love a couple together.

Sure it was distasteful to kiss on jean's grave but how the realtionship was portrayed from astonishing x-men and beyond was great.

if xmen is a soap opera Emma and Scott were never once boring unlike Scott and Jean. Two people clearly bored of eachother even with Jean's denial. after all she tried to make out with wolverine while Scott was still experiencing PTSDs from merging with apocalypse.
    It wasn't, it was two broken people that didn't stopped each other darkness. it was a crappy relationship, they were written like horny teenagers, specially on Ftaction run.
    Bendis and Gillen did a better job

Amazing Member

LIVE SCOTT LIVE!

I always resented the Jean-Logan thing as it seemed too cliche (oohhh the bad boy!) but found the reverse situation with Scott-Emma fascinating (way more than Scott-Psylock). Morrisson set it up perfectly. Two damaged people who were using each other who ended up in love.

Jean's mature understanding of it all at the end was perfect. Jean and Scott knew each other since they were kids....too much crap happened between them. They grew into different people. Yes its cliche but it happens IRL especially to childhood sweethearts. Scott and Jean will always be "best friends'. Scott will always be Jeans "favorite superhero" but Morrison knew it was time to let both of them free of each other. If Jean came back under Morrison or Whedon I think she would have gravitated to someone other than Scott or Logan. They both needed fresh starts. Disappointed that it seems that Hickman is going to Scott-Jean-Logan us again (hope its a fake-out but I'm saying that way too much in this storyline).

Well I dropped of x-books for a while, I think the last time I loved emma and scott was second coming. i heard they fell out so I knew this when reading bendis uncanny xmen that they were no longer a couple. they had good times together and don forget they were fun as a couple too. with jean it was like cyclops was always on the edge, ready to jump off cliffs because things were always so messy in the grey/summers household. In a way I think cyclops got to live again with Emma.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It wasn't, it was two broken people that didn't stopped each other darkness.
    Being who you are around your partner, who doesn't want to change you. What a sin.

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    LIVE SCOTT LIVE!

I always resented the Jean-Logan thing as it seemed too cliche (oohhh the bad boy!) but found the reverse situation with Scott-Emma fascinating (way more than Scott-Psylock). Morrisson set it up perfectly. Two damaged people who were using each other who ended up in love.
    Thi sis called insecurity; women having desires beyond their husband/boyfriend, make people insecure

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Being who you are around your partner, who doesn't want to change you. What a sin.
    people have to try to do better

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    They brought out the worse in each other. Emma especially was a better character in Gen X before she linked up with Scott. He became unlikeable and unrecognizable when he got with her and she encouraged his uncharacteristic behavior

IA. I know you didnt like them together but Jean challenged Scott to be a better person and he was with her. He threw his morals out the window when he was seduced by Emma

Emma was right

It’s a fictional characters, not a role models. They should have flaws and darkness, otherwise they became boring. And no one owes anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They brought out the worse in each other. Emma especially was a better character in Gen X before she linked up with Scott. He became unlikeable and unrecognizable when he got with her and she encouraged his uncharacteristic behavior

IA. I know you didnt like them together but Jean challenged Scott to be a better person and he was with her. He threw his morals out the window when he was seduced by Emma
    Good googly moogley! "Seduced by emma" how does a woman seduce an unwilling man. I'm not even a huge Emma fan i like her sometimes depending on the story but how can a person seduce a person that doesn't want to be seduced.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good googly moogley! "Seduced by emma" how does a woman seduce an unwilling man. I'm not even a huge Emma fan i like her sometimes depending on the story but how can a person seduce a person that doesn't want to be seduced.
    By turning up the sexual advances and trying to convince him that what they were doing was innocent. Literally changing her hair and outfit to look like his wife to entice him. It was seduction and he gave into it.

Theres an added layer to this as she was a telepath and literally having this affair in his head and she was orchestrating the scenarios. How much agency he actually had is left to interpretation. I hold him responsible but there no doubt was influence of some sort involved
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-11-2019 at 09:50 AM.

By turning up the sexual advances and trying to convince him that what they were doing was innocent. Literally changing her hair and outfit to look like his wife to entice him. It was seduction and he gave into it.

So he seduced her by letting her continue to play those games and not shutting it down. If he knew she was into him and he was playing coy, wasn't he seducing her by playing hard to get instead of giving her a hard pass and looking for one of the many other telepaths that could have helped him?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So he seduced her by letting her continue to play those games and not shutting it down. If he knew she was into him and he was playing coy, wasn't he seducing her by playing hard to get instead of giving her a hard pass and looking for one of the many other telepaths that could have helped him?
    I edited my post to add more but it boils down to that his mind was broken and she was the telepath that was orchestrating these sex sessions. He didnt have the power to do what you suggest, but she did. He should have went to his wife but didnt, and thats the crux of why this situation was so foul and people disliked Scott as a result of this storyline

Theres an added layer to this as she was a telepath and literally having this affair in his head and she was orchestrating the scenarios. How much agency he actually had is left to interpretation. I hold him responsible but there no doubt was influence of some sort involved
    If Scott stopped there, it would be easier to forgive him.

I just can't buy it. Scott had a psychic rapport with Jean. Xavier was his teacher. He has been dealing with telepaths since he was a teenager and we are suppose to belive he was mentally broken. Well what about Emma, changing your whole look with plastic surgery as a young woman. Being a stripper for the hellfire club. Being physically abused by sebastion shaw. I would argue Scott should have known better and got her some help.

Also Scott was being who he wanted, Emma was being who Scott wanted. Who got the most out of it?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I just can't buy it. Scott had a psychic rapport with Jean. Xavier was his teacher. He has been dealing with telepaths since he was a teenager and we are suppose to belive he was mentally broken. Well what about Emma, changing your whole look with plastic surgery as a young woman. Being a stripper for the hellfire club. Being physically abused by sebastion shaw. I would argue Scott should have known better and got her some help.

Also Scott was being who he wanted, Emma was being who Scott wanted. Who got the most out of it?
    His psychic rapport with Jean was broken after he merged with Apocalypse. He wasnt around Xavier much in the Morrison run bc he spent the first 8 or so issues in Nova's body and then immediately went on a world tour with Jean. When he returned to the mansion, Scott fled. Scott started his affair with Emma when Jean went on that world tour so Emma was the only major telepath around him. You may not buy it but Scott's mind being messed up due to Apocalypse is literally what Morrison wrote and he used that to explain why Scott was different after his return.

The stuff you mention with Emma are retcons that happened later. They werent canon to Emma's backstory when Morrison was writing and not material that Scott would have known to work with. Their sessions were primarily about her getting to know him better, not the other way around. She was rather guarded until she fell in love with him and they proceeded with an actual relationship
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-11-2019 at 10:10 AM.