• Nightcrawler Becoming The Pope -

10 9.01%
  • Emma Frost And Cyclops Make Out On Jean Grey's Grave

26 23.42%
  • Ugly John existing

0 0%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Scott didn't easily cheat on Jean. He even rejected Emma. Emma and Scott started after Jean's death, as explained on here comes tomorrow.
    Jean also wasn't cheating with Wolverine all the time, she was very loyal to Cyclops too until one kiss, when both were feeling distant and their marriage in crisis. Doesn't mean they didn't love each other or that the only thing they ever did was cheating on each other.
    They have a long story before and after Morrison of loving the other.

I could never understand the part of the Cyclops fandom that likes Scemma.
    It made so many people dislike Scott. It made me dislike him on some part.
    Nothing to be proud about.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I could never understand the part of the Cyclops fandom that likes Scemma.
    It made so many people dislike Scott. It made me dislike him on some part.
    Nothing to be proud about.
    It didn't bother me so much as humanize him more. Men deal with this everyday when they have no job and their wife is brining in all the money and they feel inadequate. here you had Jean who was being distant in a lot of ways evolving into something beyond what Scott could ever be. Who knows where that would have taken her, how far she would have gone. Last time this happened he lost her fer what he thought was forever. How do you keep up with a woman that could potentially fly to the depths of space because something bigger was calling her, how could he ever feel more important than the galaxy, than her potential duty as phoenix. It was wrong but very human. Now the maddie thing? Yeesh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It didn't bother me so much as humanize him more. Men deal with this everyday when they have no job and their wife is brining in all the money and they feel inadequate. here you had Jean who was being distant in a lot of ways evolving into something beyond what Scott could ever be. Who knows where that would have taken her, how far she would have gone. Last time this happened he lost her fer what he thought was forever. How do you keep up with a woman that could potentially fly to the depths of space because something bigger was calling her, how could he ever feel more important than the galaxy, than her potential duty as phoenix. It was wrong but very human. Now the maddie thing? Yeesh.
    I don't get this humanize. the way people talk, is that the only way to humanize is being a jerk; they already did it on x-factor when he left his family for some time to do superhero

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I don't get this humanize. the way people talk, is that the only way to humanize is being a jerk; they already did it on x-factor when he left his family for some time to do superhero
    IA. Men do this in real life and most times they are pigs and should be called out on the poor behavior and judgement. Cheating on one's wife is not an admirable thing or something that would make a person more relatable, at least not to me

Well when Scott's whole character was going out of his way to do the right thing and be a boy scout in a lot of ways. It does humanize a character when they do human things. Like Cersie and Jamie Lannister were utterly disgusting but their relationship showed she was capable of some kind of love, even if it was sick and twisted. It gives a insight to the character because almost no one is completely devoid of emotion or making mistakes. I don't need to read about perfect characters. It's fiction, i want to be entertained. I can say it's wrong in real life but still muster up the empathy needed to try to understand why someone did something.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This is what I meant.
    Cyclops is a guy famous for his crush on Jean (at least to the general public that doesn't even know Emma exist) but that one mistake and is what defines his character and marriage.

This is what I dislike Scemma, someone that loved Jean didn't deserve to be left looking so bad, no reason to be grateful for that.

I already created a thread to discuss the emma/scott/jean triangle so I wont do that here anymore. that mess needs a thread to itself.

Back to the original topic, does anyone remember kurt sleeping with a prostitute by the name of stacy X or almost sleeping with her?

Chuck Austen is really a terrible writer, I knew what he was trying to do. kurt is a religious man, why not make a prostitute tempt him. really inappropriate.

As for the sky sex scene, her mum left before it got to the act. Also Angel had already seen her naked, so it was not as bad. Paige was 19, Angel was like 27.

Well when Scott's whole character was going out of his way to do the right thing and be a boy scout in a lot of ways. It does humanize a character when they do human things. Like Cersie and Jamie Lannister were utterly disgusting but their relationship showed she was capable of some kind of love, even if it was sick and twisted. It gives a insight to the character because almost no one is completely devoid of emotion or making mistakes. I don't need to read about perfect characters. It's fiction, i want to be entertained. I can say it's wrong in real life but still muster up the empathy needed to try to understand why someone did something.
    Human things also mean: be a good father, be a good husband. All this crap of being human=being a jerk only help normalize bad behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I already created a thread to discuss the emma/scott/jean triangle so I wont do that here anymore. that mess needs a thread to itself.

Back to the original topic, does anyone remember kurt sleeping with a prostitute by the name of stacy X or almost sleeping with her?

Chuck Austen is really a terrible writer, I knew what he was trying to do. kurt is a religious man, why not make a prostitute tempt him. really inappropriate.

As for the sky sex scene, her mum left before it got to the act. Also Angel had already seen her naked, so it was not as bad. Paige was 19, Angel was like 27.
    Stacy X (originally X-Stacy)'s entire existence was inappropriate

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    They are all between consenting adults. Except Shadowcat and Colossus.
    All Shadowcat and Colossus ever did was kiss until much later when they were consenting adults. There's nothing wrong with a 19-year-old and a 14-year-old dating.

Frankly, Shadowcat with Peter Wisdom was a lot worse than Colossus.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Human things also mean: be a good father, be a good husband. All this crap of being human=being a jerk only help normalize bad behavior
    But if your only those things your not human. There is not one man that walked this earth that is perfect. There are even stories of jesus being a bit mischevious as a child so i don't get it. I'm not really interested in half a character. It's the same problem i have when people try to potray Storm as some all loving, all forgiving earth mother who is all about peace and tranquility only rather than a complex character. My father was an amazing father when it came to finances and making sure my mom never had to work but i never had one conversation with him in my life where we just talked. He was old school in that way. Super provider and protector and disciplinary but i couldn't tell you who HE was. That's how life works and it's okay. Mistakes doesn't make someone more human but neither does being a person who all perfect. IT's all about balance. If i want a message of positivity all the time or a great dad i'll watch the Brady Bunch or the Cosby show.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Written by Frank Teiri, the Weapon X program is reactivated and running a concentration camp. Maggot, Seina Blaze and a few others were gassed in a few panels. Not exaggerating.

It was a dangling plot thread that the X-Men basically ignored, and Frank himself left unresolved even when Weapon X got a mini series meant to resolve the plotlines that were left dangling.

The plot was offensive and stupid on several levels. Frank Teiri's writing level is, at best, on the level of 80s Saturday morning cartoons, yet he envisions himself as a gritty noir writer. So yeah, it super sucked.
    There was nothing whatsoever offensive about it. What was offensive is that the X-Books never had to actually deal with it, until Beast buried everybody in the stupid Decimation crap.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Stacy X (originally X-Stacy)'s entire existence was inappropriate
    Ha , True.lol

Has she ever showed up again in any xmen comics?

But if your only those things your not human. There is not one man that walked this earth that is perfect. There are even stories of jesus being a bit mischevious as a child so i don't get it. I'm not really interested in half a character. It's the same problem i have when people try to potray Storm as some all loving, all forgiving earth mother who is all about peace and tranquility only rather than a complex character. My father was an amazing father when it came to finances and making sure my mom never had to work but i never had one conversation with him in my life where we just talked. He was old school in that way. Super provider and protector and disciplinary but i couldn't tell you who HE was. That's how life works and it's okay. Mistakes doesn't make someone more human but neither does being a person who all perfect. IT's all about balance. If i want a message of positivity all the time or a great dad i'll watch the Brady Bunch or the Cosby show.
    Scott wasnt perfect though. Look at how his marriage to Maddie imploded and abandoned his child for weeks before reaching out. His relationship with Jean also wasnt perfect. When she was becoming Phoenix in Seagle's run, he didnt handle it well and yelled at her. They were shown to disagree and argue in Adventures of Phoenix. They were flawed but communicated and worked through their problems as they did when he returned in X-men 24, following his flirtation with Psylocke. This is the guy that was highly judgemental of Wolverine early on and killed Sinister (or so he thought in Inferno). He was flawed and wasnt living up to that boy scout persona 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Ha , True.lol

Has she ever showed up again in any xmen comics?
    She was in a book last a year or two ago but I cant recall where. It was a therapy session and dealt with image issues. Im sure someone on here knows which one