Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Nightcrawler dating Rachel
    why?
    Kurt is awesome

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was upseting, and u know that he was killed with such coldness because he was ugly. Scott suffered zero guilty or consequences for killing a inoccent person
    Ugly John was fatally wounded by during an attack by Wild Sentinels. He was suffering greatly, and there was no way to save him. Scott ended Ugly John's life to spare him a prolonged, painful death. That is quite a bit different than how you've characterized it.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned X-Man #25 aka Nate Grey making out with a psionically-recreated clone of this timeline's version of his egg donor... and Jean walking up on them before they could bump uglies.

Well.... Not to mention Inferno. EVERYTHING about it. Actually one of my favorite crossovers, too.

Whedon and Fraction can't write good romances
    Can't say much about Whedon, but Fraction wrote "To Have and To Hold" my favorite Peter/MJ story (although with some continuity troubles), so he can write it alright.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Can't say much about Whedon, but Fraction wrote "To Have and To Hold" my favorite Peter/MJ story (although with some continuity troubles), so he can write it alright.
    Well tha ti sone story and I guess it was onlya annual. Also MJ and peter parker is hard to miss

BANNED

Did Kurt and Rachel actually break up?

BANNED

She just looks like Emma around the same same time he was writing the x-books, now I just need to discover if his ex-GF that left him was a redhead. He got sick because of a bacteriaand almost died, then he wrote a story with a sentient bacteria. he was feeling really down with the world, not really beoeving anything, so he wrote Scott feeling down and depressive.
    This is demented.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Did Kurt and Rachel actually break up?
    Yes, towards the end of X-Men Gold.

Also, Ult. Quicksilver and Ult. Scarlet Witch sleeping with each other was honestly really disgusting. When you read about incest in fiction, especially modern fiction, you are meant to see that it is destructive for both parties. You see it evident in the House of Black from Harry Potter which inbreeding spawned Bellatrix. In Ultimates 3, it's portrayed positively and that Cap's objections to it are played as just another sign of him being a relic of the past. Everyone with half a brain knows that the jingoistic moron was being sane.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 09-08-2019 at 09:23 PM.

He was also married, but Moira was dead when Morrison started his run. Nothing was stopping the couple to happen, just Morrison and his fantasies as self-insert

I voted on The Sky Sex Love Story, Husk and Angel. A teenage having sex with a adult on the sky with everyone seeing? WTF.
    That was slight worse than Scott and Emma making out on Jean's grave.

Scarlet and Pietro was on ultimate and they are more avengers than mutants.

Stop letting men self insert on the stories

beloved romance for who? who was into it continue to be, it didn't change nothing. Whedon and Fraction can't write good romances
    I know Scott and Emma are well liked. Many comic fans saw it more as a grown up relationship unlike Scott and Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Austen's entire Draco arc should be on that list. Azazel and Mystique conceiving Kurt on a church altar was totally disgusting and offensive, especially to anyone who is a Christian. That's just the start of the offensive things that happened in that story line.

Eww, now I have to go scrub my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Nightcrawler becoming Pope because the story was too all over the place to be as funny as it should have been and becasue Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch wasn't 616 and is therefore pointless
    Is there anything about Chuck Austen run that was good? from his stories he comes of as a despicable human being. everything he did was bad, offensive and upsetting. Nurse Annie, Nightcrawler and the Draco story line, Angel falling in love with Husk,Polaris getting left at the alter, Nightcrawler secretly hate Christianity.

The only thing I think he ever did slightly right was how he wrote the Guthrie Family but that was even kind of still bad because he wrote them as a stereotypical ''white trash'' family from the south. Really terrible comic writer is the name Chuck Austen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Err, that's almost every team in comics ever.
    You're not wrong. Doesn't change my point lol.

I don't think the Dupe Baby story could be fairly called "inappropriate". Melodramatic, maybe, but not inappropriate.

Madrox/Layla is definitely kinda creepy, but Madrox is fully aware that it's creepy. He talks about it a fair bit when it starts. It's part of their story that it's messed up, it isn't a blindspot by the creative team.

Layla's head was all messed up by virtue of, well, "know[ing] stuff". And one of the things she 'knew' was that she'd wind up with Madrox. It definitely messed with her perspective. Meanwhile, Madrox had just been about to commit suicide before Layla showed up... so it isn't like he was in a healthy state of mind.

Most comics are about messed up people, but PAD's X-Factor was about messed up people who routinely got pushed to their breaking points, and often past them. The advantage of having a cast of non A-listers, he could actually doing bold stuff with the characters.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-09-2019 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Ugly John was fatally wounded by during an attack by Wild Sentinels. He was suffering greatly, and there was no way to save him. Scott ended Ugly John's life to spare him a prolonged, painful death. That is quite a bit different than how you've characterized it.
    Scott was completely cold and treated it as an afterthought. When you remember how devastated he was by the death of Thunderbird...
    It made him colder than Wolverine...

That was upseting, and u know that he was killed with such coldness because he was ugly. Scott suffered zero guilty or consequences for killing a inoccent person

That's when the series jump the shark for me.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I know Scott and Emma are well liked. Many comic fans saw it more as a grown up relationship unlike Scott and Jean.
    Many saw Spuffy as a more "grown up" relationship even though it involved emotional abuse, bringing out the worst in one another, consent violations, and attempted rape. So I start to think "grown up" doesn't mean anything these days besides things being so bad in the world that toxic relationships which bring out people's worst sides are considered normal.

Someone also go the same route with Jott that they do with Bangel. First Love = Puppy love & not real. If that's the case, then Emma's feelings for Scott can't be too real since it would appear he's her first love & real relationship. It doesn't seem she's had any other loves or men who have given a crap about her. So arguably, she's just stuck on Scott because he was her first love and she's not used to the feelings & connection on a romantic level. Like a virgin getting sprung on the first person they sleep with.

Or Deadpool "loving" Siryn because she was the first good girl who actually liked him, which made him feel better about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Is there anything about Chuck Austen run that was good? from his stories he comes of as a despicable human being. everything he did was bad, offensive and upsetting. Nurse Annie, Nightcrawler and the Draco story line, Angel falling in love with Husk,Polaris getting left at the alter, Nightcrawler secretly hate Christianity.

The only thing I think he ever did slightly right was how he wrote the Guthrie Family but that was even kind of still bad because he wrote them as a stereotypical ''white trash'' family from the south. Really terrible comic writer is the name Chuck Austen.
    We also can't forget him not doing any research and retconning Mystique's history. He created Azazel I think. If I am mistaken, sorry. But that seems like a mess he'd created. Then the retconned Mystique's first meeting with Creed where she runs into him as a homeless woman, asks him for food, then he gives it to her & expects sex in return for buying her dinner. Then we have a panel of him on top of her while she thinks about being glad she could sleep through most of it.

It took fans writing him letters about that mess of a retcon that was nothing close to the story we were told years earlier. Then Austen admits he didn't know the previous story about them existed. Nice job Mr. "writer."
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-09-2019 at 05:59 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Since I didn't grow up with the first Gen X book, what's wrong with Skin?
    "Cable was right!"

I think the twin incest with Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch in Ultimate was the worst. Even Draco wasn't that bad, by comparison. I think that sub-plot was one of the most telling signs that Marvel had just stopped trying with Ultimate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.