Astonishing Member

Default Curse of the Demo for the CU JLA and Avengers

This for those who love old horror movies. The Curse of the Demon was pretty scary. Devil worshippers give you a cursed parchment. If you don't pass it on before a deadline, a giant demon (maybe 30 ish feet high) appears and rips you to shreds.

Let's say the MCU Avengers and DCU JLA members each get a parchment. They don't know about the curse to pass it on. The demon appears, who can resist it? The demon never faced an opposition in the movie, it just ripped humans to shreds. It can follow you anywhere.

Extraordinary Member

Does the demon have any note-worthy feats?

Astonishing Member

He can follow you anymore, materialize at the given time and shred you. The parchment which has to be transferred, keeps trying to escape from you and destroy itself, such that you can't pass it on. It is also pretty big and certainly much stronger than any human. It's damage resistance to the usual, is unknown. Just a fun thing, when it materializes and attacks.

So, stronger than a human.

Figure Natasha might have trouble. Batman too. Otherwise everyone else is fine.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member

I'm just imagining this huge demon wailing on Superman and he doesn't even notice it.

Hulk Smash.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Dr. Strange considers this an especially slow day. Yes, even MCU Dr. Strange.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Dr. Strange considers this an especially slow day. Yes, even MCU Dr. Strange.
    Dr. Strange, reading an ancient tome and using the parchment as a bookmark: ...

*Demon materializes behind him and is about to tear him in half*

Dr. Strange, nonchalantly: Try it, and I toss you into Dormammu's realm.

*Demon freezes, then puts its arm down in as nonthreatening a manner as it can manage*

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hulk Smash.
    Why Hulk bother?

In my role as designated Rumbles typo identifier, I choose to follow the thread title, and imagine this is about the trouble the Avengers have as they each cut a demo track.

Pietro is into speed metal, but his vocals are so quick as to be incomprehensible.

The record company dismisses Vision and Nebula’s 80’s-style electronica as too dated.

Rocket reluctantly accepts a gig as a supporting feature on Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    In my role as designated Rumbles typo identifier, I choose to follow the thread title, and imagine this is about the trouble the Avengers have as they each cut a demo track.

Pietro is into speed metal, but his vocals are so quick as to be incomprehensible.

The record company dismisses Vision and Nebula’s 80’s-style electronica as too dated.

Rocket reluctantly accepts a gig as a supporting feature on Alvin and the Chipmunks.
    Rocket's biggest hits would be. "I'm Gonna Get That Arm", followed up by, "Told you." He'll go double platinum.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Why Hulk bother?
    Big monster!

Astonishing Member

I apologize for the typo. I think most 'human' and 'peak' humans have a problem. The higher end probably can win the fight. Tony - depends if he can armor up. Hawkeye - pretty big demon for most arrows and it is unknown for its damage soak. Flash can get away easily but it can follow.

I know its ability level is vague. However, it was really good old fashioned scary movie.