Default Namor the first mutant professor x recruited

Invaders #4 is the origin of professor X and Namor. Namor is the first mutant professor X finds and recruits to his cause. Now I have a few questions maybe you all can help me with.

• when does this take place
    • is this when Xavier met Moira
    • is this before Xavier went off to war and met magneto etc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Invaders #4 is the origin of professor X and Namor. Namor is the first mutant professor X finds and recruits to his cause. Now I have a few questions maybe you all can help me with.

• when does this take place
    • is this when Xavier met Moira
    • is this before Xavier went off to war and met magneto etc
    Are you sure its Invaders #4? I just checked that issue in v1 and v2 and didn't see any of that.

It’s #4 of the current volume by Chip Zdarsky.

I would assume it’s after Xavier met Moira, since POX shows that occurring around Xavier’s earliest ideation of his grand place in the world. I assume the war was pretty soon after meeting Moira and his experience with Namor sometime after that, but I don’t have a firm sense of when he met Magneto. Seems like he had a sort of “world traveler” phase that’s endlessly ripe for new flashbacks, and a lot of them could occur in any order without making much of a difference, Namor among them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post

I would assume it’s after Xavier met Moira, since POX shows that occurring around Xavier’s earliest ideation of his grand place in the world. I assume the war was pretty soon after meeting Moira and his experience with Namor sometime after that, but I don’t have a firm sense of when he met Magneto. Seems like he had a sort of “world traveler” phase that’s endlessly ripe for new flashbacks, and a lot of them could occur in any order without making much of a difference, Namor among them.
    Yes... You do have a point there

I know house of x changed everything but I believe after the war Xavier didn’t come back to the states he traveled Europe and the Middle East and ext. he came back to the states after being paralyzed. So it could be right before he met Moira or during that time period

Magneto trying to recruit him makes more sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Magneto trying to recruit him makes more sense now

It’s crazy that namor is Xavier’s first recruit in his cause. And I also can see why after this Xavier went for the child soldier route.children are easier to control

BANNED

It’s crazy that namor is Xavier’s first recruit in his cause. And I also can see why after this Xavier went for the child soldier route.children are easier to control
    How did Xavier even find Namor in the first place? Wasn't Namor still in Atlantis as a teenager?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    How did Xavier even find Namor in the first place? Wasn't Namor still in Atlantis as a teenager?
    The issue explains that this being pre-Cerebro, Xavier found him through news reports. The Golden Age / Timely Comics era Namor is still in play, and still tied to WWII, so Namor would have definitely had some headline-grabbing moments by the time Xavier was looking for fellow mutants.

I know house of x changed everything but I believe after the war Xavier didn’t come back to the states he traveled Europe and the Middle East and ext. he came back to the states after being paralyzed. So it could be right before he met Moira or during that time period
    Everyone knows Xavier didn’t come back to the United States between the war and being paralyzed. What this retcon presupposes is... maybe he did?

F72A09A3-90EE-4CBE-BFD8-E99B4E146B51.jpg

Everyone knows Xavier didn’t come back to the United States between the war and being paralyzed. What this retcon presupposes is... maybe he did?

F72A09A3-90EE-4CBE-BFD8-E99B4E146B51.jpg
    Oh yeah I totally agree, with hox changing everything. We’re gonna find out new things.
    I do like how this makes namor just as important to the x-men story. Kinda giving namor magnetos origin on how him and Xavier met

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/08...ra-mactaggert/

“First, the scene is set in the "X0" timeline, which occurs in the days leading up to Xavier forming the first X-Men team - and yet, Charles is already in a wheelchair when he and Moira meet Magneto, whereas he was walking when Moira first revealed her powers to him. Furthermore, the timeline of Moira's lives that Hickman included in House of X #2 reveals that there were 26 years between the moment that Moira revealed herself to Xavier and then they recruited Magneto, which is a long span of time that has yet to be filled in with details.”

So Xavier Recruiting namor must of been part of the plan in invaders 4

BANNED

Whatever man , we all know who the first X-men is.
    x-men2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Whatever man , we all know who the first X-men is.
    x-men2.jpg
    I believe that’s all been retcon now

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/11...r-x-men-comic/

A namor x-men book maybe coming soon hmmm